Audi R4 Due to Arrive Late 2014

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2012, 12:48 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Audi R4 Due to Arrive Late 2014

The baby R8 is due to arrive in the U.S. late in 2014. Boasting a 400 HP turbo charged 5 cylinder in a lightweight all-wheel drive TT sized platform. There will be sister models introduced for VW & Porsche also but the Audi R4 looks awesome.

Attached Images   

Last edited by bull30; 06-09-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:43 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
Hot! wonder how it will be priced?!?!

Old 06-10-2012, 02:25 PM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
Originally Posted by bull30
The baby R8 is due to arrive in the U.S. late in 2014. Boasting a 400 HP turbo charged 5 cylinder in a lightweight all-wheel drive TT sized platform. There will be sister models introduced for VW & Porsche also but the Audi R4 looks awesome.
I wouldn't hold your breath... Where did you see this? It's been talked about for awhile.. Porsche recently said they don't want anything slotted before the Boxster ... Product line has the macan and a possible car between the 911 and 918 (599/458 fighter)

Audi lineup has the new redesigned TT coming in 2014 (and the new a3 andd maybe q7) and that's probably what your seeing... That's always been the baby r8.... If that inline 5 turbo baby r8 sounds good then a TTRS is available now ... Actually a awesome car... I was a bit torn between it the spyder and the cayman r.

Vw group working on their new global platforms.. (starting with the a3 and tt) Shared but not diluted is the goal besides the q5/macan, a3/golf, q3/tiguan, cayenne/q7/toureg, "960 Porsche"/next r8/gallardo successor...

Old 06-10-2012, 02:30 PM
ShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really niceShahulX is just really nice
Originally Posted by airbrush1
Hot! wonder how it will be priced?!?!
The TTRS is priced around $60k and tops at $65... 6 speed only

Old 06-10-2012, 04:46 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by ShahulX
I wouldn't hold your breath... Where did you see this? It's been talked about for awhile.. Porsche recently said they don't want anything slotted before the Boxster ... Product line has the macan and a possible car between the 911 and 918 (599/458 fighter)
Roll out was due in 2009 but the purchase of Porsche AG postponed. R4 will not be rolled out until after the introduction of the 3rd generation TT. It will more than likely happen but not until MY 2015.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:22 PM
Possible, just seems like its too similar to a Audi TT... I don't think they'd do a separate model with a TT having similar platform and power etc...

Btw, great garage.. S4, spyder (like me! Cept my s4 is an 05) and I just got rid of my mk6 golf gti and love the tdi... You have great taste in cars

Old 06-10-2012, 10:19 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Baby r8 looks great! Seems like it will be a super fun little car to drive!

Old 06-11-2012, 11:50 AM
It's is , drove it.. Very nice

Old 06-11-2012, 12:02 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ yeah I heard about the TTRS I don't think that is the one Bull is talking about?? or is it? who knows...

regardless I would love to drive the TTRS and 991 on track, after having driven your spyder at VIR recently I'd like to see how the TTRS feels at speed on a race track. The 991 I know would be very special, I would love to see how the C-S with 7 spd box drives when put thru it's paces on track.

Old 06-11-2012, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ yeah I heard about the TTRS I don't think that is the one Bull is talking about?? or is it? who knows...

regardless I would love to drive the TTRS and 991 on track, after having driven your spyder at VIR recently I'd like to see how the TTRS feels at speed on a race track. The 991 I know would be very special, I would love to see how the C-S with 7 spd box drives when put thru it's paces on track.
According to Audi the R4 will share the same engine as the TT RS but with 40 more HP. The platform is entirely new and will be rolled out with VW, Audi and Porsche versions. I've seen the preliminary info on the VW & Porsche but Audi has actually produced the prototype and slated it's intro after the 3rd generation TT is released. We shall see, Audi is known to get everyone excited then not ship the car to the U.S.

Old 06-12-2012, 04:23 AM
Lol true... Depends on Audi NA changes.. Johan De Nyssen left so hopefully the new president of Audi NA brings new rs models and maybe the A1.

Sunir... The 991 is nice, just bigger now and more "sedate"... Not sure how I feel about it yet... Electric steering and bigger wheelbase... The 7 speed manual doesn't feel right either.. It's a manual pdk conversion

Quoted my member Jellis:

From "911 & Porsche"

"What then of that other major 991 talking point: the seven-speed manual transmission? Having tried PDK frist, and found it rather uninvolving on the initial and less entertaining of the drives, I joined the scrum to get my hands on a manual-equipped car. As ever, driving the manual somehow seems to connect you more intimately with the car, and the engine seems more responsive to your command, free of an intermediary deciding how the gears are selected. One thing you really notice is how little flywheel effect there is with this new motor - the revs zip up and down the range when the clutch is engaged, much like the old Mezger engine.

But whereas you might be expecting that selecting the gears yourself is the making of the new car, its actually less clear-cut. Basically, the new manual gearbox doesnt have the shift quality of the old one. When you know its been adapted from the PDK you cant help but put two and two together and decide that its a compromise. Admittedly, it did seem to vary from car to car, according to those whose opinions we'd trust who drove different cars with the manual fitted, but the shift doesnt have the easy precision of the 997, although because it sits so much higher than before your working it from a different angle which must add to the slightly weird sensation. The most truthful thing I can about it is that I felt like needed more time in the manual car: it wasnt the easy winning solution I thought it would be."

He goes on to comment that the 7th gear can be confusing at first and then says "I cant believe Im about to write the next sentence but Id go as far to say that even I would seriously consider going PDK for the first time. Much like the the Ferrari 458, the 991 feels as though it has been developed around this type of transmission, and given the character of the rest of the car it might just be the best choice."

Jason