Just had the cops called on me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:27 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Angry Just had the cops called on me

About half an our ago I was moving my f355 to a new parking spot due to repaving tomorrow.

Along the way I passed an older man (40s-50s) walking his dog. Just by the way he was looking at my car when I passed I knew he was upset about something. Keep in mind it is late at night and as I am passing him I am in the middle of making a left turn in the parking lot in first gear, a tight left turn. I was just about straightened out as I passed him.

Upon parking my car and heading towards my building he approached me and threatened to call my tags in if "that ever happens again". I have very little patience with stupid people so I tried very hard to remain calm, but when he said "you must have been doing about 50"....FIFTY!!!!?? I dropped a few f bombs and forced myself to walk away immediately.

Apparently this guy is some sort of cyborg with ladar build into his eyes. Another comment he made was that I "nearly ran over him and his dog" Now if that was the case, why did you just stand there wide-eyed and angry? If I "nearly ran over you and your dog" wouldn't you have ran out of the way? No of course not, because I was never within 15 feet of you!

Does anyone have any advice on what I could do? Should I call the police department tomorrow (since I'll be calm) and give my side of the story? Do you think he really called, and will I hear from the police? I already sent an email to the owners of the entire property and let them know what happened.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:46 PM
markar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to allmarkar is a name known to all
Just don't do anything , people like this every town keep it cool if you see him again don't say anything, he can't prove nothing.... if you have done nothing wrong....

Old 07-23-2012, 12:57 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
even if you were doing 50... unless there's a camera that shows you doing it, he can't do ****, and the cops can't do ****.... I wouldn't worry about it!

Old 07-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Dan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura aboutDan1 has a spectacular aura about
Nothing to worry about. And if he does call the cops, you may get a letter from the county that basically says your vehicle was witnessed driving at an unsafe speed, but it doesn't mean anything. You use to be able to report people driving recklessly online, but I think you have to call it in now.

Last edited by Dan1; 07-23-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:00 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Something similar happened to me... I was cornering at about 27mph on a 25mph road. Cornering at about 27mph looks extremely fast to average people, and the woman had exactly the same attitude.

I explained the car records my actions, that I'd be glad to show her she is incompetent, and offered a demonstration drive to show her a reenactment. She declined, and huffed away.

I don't know how fast you were going, but sometimes if you stay in lower gear, pedestrians' perceptions are altered a little, swayed by their preconceived notions, which then goes into judgment mode, before ever asking your side. I'd ignore it, unless he is somebody you need to address this with (manager, friend of homeowner's club, etc...).

Old 07-23-2012, 12:29 PM
casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
hearing about stuff like this makes me really appreciate living in the city. I used to have stuff like this happen back home too.

Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Just ignore the situation. There are people like that everywhere

Old 07-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Back in the day when I had my Neon, I had the cops called on me by some drunk guys who said I was street racing (I was doing the exact speed limit, going down a residential street). Police came, asked me to start up my car and gave me a repair order for illegal exhaust (which wasn't illegal). Lesson learned, cops will almost always believe the other guy if you have a modded car.

(side note...I got an inspection station to sign off on my exhaust showing that it wasn't illegal)

Old 07-23-2012, 01:44 PM
underdogg is infamous around these parts
that sucks

Old 07-23-2012, 03:14 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by underdogg
that sucks
What? That he could actually mod a Neon? Yeah, it does.

OP, if they didn't come that minute you are in the clear and it's only hearsay anyways. They don't have time to mess with these type of non-emergency calls. Especially when it sounds like an old coot on the phone.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Black_Mamba is infamous around these parts
Do you really believe what elderly 40 year olds say these days? With the high incidence of dyslipidemia, hypertension and diabetes, multi infarct dementia becomes a real threat to us nowadays. If an officer of the law approaches you with such an insane story just give him the whole truth and nothing but the truth. As a responsible member of society you are very much in touch with the changes happening in your community. You were carefully looking for a decent space to park you vehicle out of the way of those hardworking city employees. God knows they need all the help and kindness we can provide them. Then out in the open at night you see this gentleman licking his dog where no dog should be licked unless it's by another dog.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:20 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Huh?

Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
You'll be fine, his word against yours....
I've had multiple incidents like this when I lived in Maryland, normally very grumpy/jealous individuals with nothing better to do.

Poster #11, you lost me

Old 07-24-2012, 09:26 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
You Virginians, with your fancy houses, expensive cars, and trophy wives are always putting us down. I'm sick of it I tell you!

Now excuse me I have to go yell at some neighbor kids and catch up on my TV.

Last edited by deckman; 07-24-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:33 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
You'll be fine, his word against yours....
I've had multiple incidents like this when I lived in Maryland, normally very grumpy/jealous individuals with nothing better to do.

Poster #11, you lost me
He said the same thing you did...

Basically, if you call the cops on me for speeding excessively in a residential area, I'm going report that I "saw" you fellating your dog a few nights ago, and I'm concerned that my children may witness that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Just had the cops called on me