Deer strike (well, technically) in the Diablo this week.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 08:20 AM
DaveWJunior is infamous around these parts
Deer strike (well, technically) in the Diablo this week.

Going out for a drive on Tuesday morning I stopped for a pair of deer crossing the road at a well known crossing location near my house. Lady coming around the corner the other way (50mph zone) hit deer #2 at full speed and my heart sank as I heard and felt the second "thunk" which was the deer being thrown off her car and into mine. I pulled into the driveway about 20 feet up and got out of the car expecting the worst. Hair, blood, deer sh** everywhere but no real apparent damage. The guy at the house (who had been outside getting into his truck at the time) gave me his garden hose to get some of the smell and crap off my car and went to check on the lady in the mini SUV thing. He came back 5 minutes later and said, "She's gone. She left half her front end on the road and a puddle and trail of antifreeze heading west. I heard her bumper, or something large and plastic, dragging after she hit the deer". After a good wash and inspection, the only damage is to the front bumper. A couple of hairline cracks in the paint, 2 gouges (paint only, not into the fiberglass) on the lower bumper, and one very small chip/crack at the brake vent inlet next to the fog lamp. The front wheel actually took the brunt of the impact. There was (still is) bone and meat jammed in between the tire and rim so I'll have to have it dismounted and cleaned up eventually. I think the lady may have fled the scene knowing that I was well within my rights to go after her insurance for my repairs.... or she was just in a hurry to get to her hair salon appointment. Either way, I'll probably just do the ol' black magic marker fix on the scratches and pull the bumper and have it repainted this winter. I do, however, claim the title as the first person to damage a Diablo while fully stopped with an already dead deer. I'll try to link to a couple of pics.

Last edited by DaveWJunior; 08-11-2012 at 08:22 AM. Reason: deleted bad link
Old 08-11-2012, 08:21 AM
DaveWJunior is infamous around these parts
Old 08-11-2012, 12:16 PM
King Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the rough
Last line made me LOL. Otherwise, sorry for your debacle.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:59 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Bet you could follow the trail of antifreeze to her car. Hell her license plate might have been in the torn off bits! Found a hit and run asshat like that once - his ford bronco didn't make it 2 miles.