Redskins charity car show...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 06:16 AM
tssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to beholdtssci is a splendid one to behold
Redskins charity car show...

Checking to see if anyone has attended this event in past years to see if it is a recommended event. My interest would only be the cars...not going for the players or cheerleaders assuming they even show

Old 08-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Lowcash is infamous around these parts
I have never been but looking at pictures from previous years I think Katie's has a better vehicle line up.

I may venture out there Sunday to see for myself.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:21 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Is this the one put on in conjunction with Eastern motors? If so that should give you some indication of the flavor of the event.

I have been to that one in years past. They always had some players' cars on display, ergo, some fine examples how to totally ruin the appearance of otherwise perfectly fine Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Bentleys etc.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I've heard about it but never went...when is it? can anyone enter the show or it reserved for just player's cars?

Old 08-14-2012, 01:50 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
I'll pass. I see enough donks & ugly colored cars w/blinged out wheels on the beltway.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:47 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vntperformance
I'll pass. I see enough donks & ugly colored cars w/blinged out wheels on the beltway.
You have to be "approved" by them to register....

Old 08-14-2012, 03:57 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Seriously... they have some nerve after loosing so many football games!!! haha

Old 08-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTLaser

Old 08-14-2012, 04:30 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Average, at best. Nicer cars in the spectator lots. I was parked across from an Ariel Atom that also got pointed off into the fields right behind me in the Porsche. Only two cheerleaders and they stayed under a vendors tent all day. No players walking around when I went two years ago. Just wasn't worth the drive, but worth saying I've been cause we were bored that day.

Old 08-14-2012, 05:18 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
Eastern motors approves everybody......your jobs' your credit

The bottom-feeder sub-prime scourge of the mid-atlantic pre-owned auto sales industry. Supposedly they give a lot of Skins high-end cars to drive around in return for ad promo time.

Before the economy took a dive they/Easterns were getting pretty big as far as pre-owned sales. I think they had close to 20 locations and were one of the very biggest buyers at places like Mannhem for a long while. But when the liquidity started to dry up and mr. o-bama came to town and really started dousing the economic embers....the house of cards came a tumblin' down. But they're obviously still going and still have Skins ho-ing for them LOL.

Old 08-14-2012, 07:43 PM
bimmer32five is infamous around these parts
I went a couple of times...mostly go for the players since we're big skins fans.

Old 08-14-2012, 08:08 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by vntperformance

I'm serious.... I signed up to register and I received an email:

Hi Mark,
We have had an overwhelming amount of interest in entries for the car show and therefore we must ask everyone to submit 2 pictures of their car to be reviewed for approval by a planning committee. We have a limited space this year as the car show will take place on the practice field and all cars must be pre-approved and pre-registered and pre-paid. Please email us at this email address is you have any questions.

Thank you,
Adriana Alegrett
Event Director

No response, so I assume I was denied.... I need a better job....

Old 08-14-2012, 08:24 PM
ASye_Photos is infamous around these parts

Hi Mark,
We have had an overwhelming amount of interest in entries for the car show and therefore we must ask everyone to submit 2 pictures of their car to be reviewed for approval by a planning committee. We have a limited space this year as the car show will take place on the practice field and all cars must be pre-approved and pre-registered and pre-paid. Please email us at this email address is you have any questions.

Thank you,
Adriana Alegrett
Event Director

I'm sure an Impala with 30" wheels probably got approved immediately with out question. This must be some sort of a new form of discrimination...

Old 08-14-2012, 09:17 PM
Mark what's the event info website and application URL ? So that us 6speeders can apply just to see if we get in .... Modified cars, stock, or whatever... Of you apply guys let us k know what they say

Old 08-15-2012, 08:05 AM
DaveWJunior is infamous around these parts

Hi Mark,

Thank you,
Adriana Alegrett
Event Director

What a load of crap. How do they "plan" and advertise an event like this, knowing (or not knowing, obviously) the large car culture in NoVA and not realize that, once the word gets out, this event will grow every year. I understand them not wanting a Prius on the show field, but this email response has really left a bad taste in my mouth. I'll pass... better yet, I'll punt and just take a little drive up through MD/VA and ENJOY a drive.

Dave

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Redskins charity car show...