MIR Track Rental in October

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by audioenvy
Thanks, me too!

I'm not able to send PMs due to low post count, so to respond to someone who asked my car has basic bolt-ons to increase air intake and remove the cats and has "lightly modified" turbos running an E85 tune. Stock motor, trasmission, and catback exhaust.
I was actually the one that asked, i'm very impressed by your car and am thinking about getting a gtr. Very nice and congrats, btw!

Old 10-25-2012, 11:34 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ Val bud say it ain't so...you're leaving Porsche for Nissan?

Old 10-25-2012, 11:52 AM
audioenvy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sunir
^^^ Val bud say it ain't so...you're leaving Porsche for Nissan?
Does anyone leave Porsche? He might just be adding a Nissan to the stable?

Old 10-25-2012, 12:18 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ truth be told I was thinking about adding a GTR to my stable as a viable option...they are really fast and techie cars with some pretty cool gadgetry...I would get one that was already tried and trued, modded and built right - fast and relaible.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Banned
k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !k-ore Is a GOD !
Does anyone leave Porsche? He might just be adding a Nissan to the stable?
My future plans were to add a gtr.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:03 PM
My best run of the day:

Old 10-25-2012, 06:07 PM
Banned
Audioenvy, are you using the launch control on any of your runs? And your trans is "bone stock"?

Old 10-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by vntperformance
Audioenvy, are you using the launch control on any of your runs? And your trans is "bone stock"?
My car is a 2010. I'm using what's called LC4 which is the transmission software algorithm that shipped with the 2012 model year. For the launch itself, I used EcuTek boost-off-the-line with a low RPM launch (3250 rpm). The transmission itself (clutches, gears, internals, etc) is bone stock, as is the engine. The turbos are "lightly modified" though.

ETA: I'm also using drag radials in the rears which I carried with me in the car on the drive up from Raleigh.

Here is the time slip:

Last edited by audioenvy; 10-25-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 PM
Banned
Your et's are most impressive. I'm very familiar with Viscosi and didn't realize that everyone is running the lc from the 2012. Great info.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Your et's are most impressive. I'm very familiar with Visconti and didn't realize that everyone is running the lc from the 2012. Great info.
There are different tactics used by various GTR owners (and I've tried several of these tactics with varied success). Certainly not everyone uses LC4 but it really depends on the track prep, the size of the turbos, whether or not the transmission has been upgraded, and what tuning platform (Cobb, EcuTek, Syvecs) is being used.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Banned
There are different tactics used by various GTR owners (and I've tried several of these tactics with varied success). Certainly not everyone uses LC4 but it really depends on the track prep, the size of the turbos, whether or not the transmission has been upgraded, and what tuning platform (Cobb, EcuTek, Syvecs) is being used.
Did your motor have to be pulled in order to do the turbo upgrade?

Old 10-25-2012, 07:27 PM
Did your motor have to be pulled in order to do the turbo upgrade?
Most shops drop the motor to be able to replace the turbos. These "Stage 1" turbos use the same housings/lines as the stock turbos so my local shop was able to lower the subframe a few inches and reach them. But, yes, most shops drop the engine completely from the car.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Banned
Most shops drop the motor to be able to replace the turbos. These "Stage 1" turbos use the same housings/lines as the stock turbos so my local shop was able to lower the subframe a few inches and reach them. But, yes, most shops drop the engine completely from the car.
Mind if I ask what local shop? I'm trying to justify snagging a gtr...

Old 10-25-2012, 07:48 PM
Mind if I ask what local shop? I'm trying to justify snagging a gtr...
Haha. If you're serious about it there are some very attractive packages that don't break the bank.

I live in Raleigh, so local to me is far for you. The closest GTR shop I know of near you would be AAM Competition in Annapolis Junction. They are definitely competent but in my experience there are packages available for less money elsewhere (but AAM would likely still do the install for a labor fee).

Old 10-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Banned
Haha. If you're serious about it there are some very attractive packages that don't break the bank.

I live in Raleigh, so local to me is far for you. The closest GTR shop I know of near you would be AAM Competition in Annapolis Junction. They are definitely competent but in my experience there are packages available for less money elsewhere (but AAM would likely still do the install for a labor fee).
Def very attractive pkg's...I actually had found a very well built gtr w/800whp on ebay that only pulled $72k, basically i'm trying to snag something that has already been built up but the seller knows he will take a hit... (which in turn will save me thousands...).

I can do my own work when it comes to labor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MIR Track Rental in October