///MPact 2012 - MD Premeet/Caravan Plans

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 07:42 AM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
///MPact 2012 - MD Premeet/Caravan Plans

Guys - since some of the other threads have mentioned it, I wanted to start this thread to quickly plan any caravan/pre-meet for the MPact event for the Maryland/Maple Lawn crew

I figured maybe an early meetup to grab a little breakfast and then we can roll up together. Gates open at 10:45. So how about Tubby's at 8am?

Old 09-13-2012, 12:45 PM
civicexracer has a spectacular aura aboutcivicexracer has a spectacular aura aboutcivicexracer has a spectacular aura about
lol now some of the Maple Lawn people can see my car in action for the autox

If you didn't look in the other thread, here's the course design. If anyone is interested in autoxing, let me know. Registration for the Autocross closes tomorrow at noon. I finished a couple course designs but I think this is the one we will be going with. It's very simple and should be a fast paced course. We have about 50% of our entries being new so can't make it overly technical.. Obviously this is not to scale and this is only a rough outline. Actual course may look a bit different but you get the idea.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:09 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
Juan - get the F360 on the AX course!

Old 09-13-2012, 02:19 PM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by TransHuman
Guys - since some of the other threads have mentioned it, I wanted to start this thread to quickly plan any caravan/pre-meet for the MPact event for the Maryland/Maple Lawn crew

I figured maybe an early meetup to grab a little breakfast and then we can roll up together. Gates open at 10:45. So how about Tubby's at 8am?

i'll roll with ya--

Old 09-13-2012, 03:06 PM
civicexracer has a spectacular aura aboutcivicexracer has a spectacular aura aboutcivicexracer has a spectacular aura about
I'll race him for pinks, it's just a civic with street tires

Old 09-13-2012, 03:24 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Count me in at Tubby's.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:17 PM
BOBP is infamous around these parts
Me too.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:50 AM
Nico Suave is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by civicexracer
If anyone is interested in autoxing, let me know.
I'd like to do the autox

Old 09-14-2012, 08:32 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by civicexracer
I'll race him for pinks, it's just a civic with street tires
Nobody accept this challenge, you'll get destroyed!

(true story)

Old 09-14-2012, 09:57 AM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
Not born yesterday...

Also a true story. Lol

Old 09-14-2012, 10:34 AM
pseto is infamous around these parts
With the perfect weather, this will be HUGE!!!

For those interested in trying autocross, there will be both AM & PM slots available for walk-ups. Loaner helmets are available, so just show up and get it a try!

Old 09-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Online registration just closed with 65 entires. If you didn't make the online registration, we will be taking walk-up entires for the afternoon session only. We will open walk-up registration around 12pm. Walk-up registration is $30 for BMWCCA members and $40 for non-members. Cash works and we should be able to take credit card as well.

Some things to check if this is your first time:
- Clean out your car from any loose items
- Make sure wheels are secured properly and tires are not showing cords
- Make sure battery is securely fastened
- Take out driver side floor mat
- You will either choose or be given a number, display it clearly on your car(magnets/stickers/painters tape)
- Snell approved Helmets are required. If you do not own one, we have loaner helmets to use for free.

Also, it is extremely important that if you run, you MUST work the course. This means if you run first, you will work after and vise versa. It is not fair and very rude to leave and not work after you make your runs. Everyone needs to help eachother and picking up knocked down comes is simple enough.

If this is your first time, I HIGHLY recommend an instructor for at least your first run. All of the committee members are experienced enough to help. I will be instructing as well when I am not running.

Ride alongs are free and highly encouraged. Anyone here feel free to find my red Civic with decals and ask for a ride, I'll be happy to take anyone.

See you guys tomorrow!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:08 AM
996 Porscheman is infamous around these parts
P-Car will be there.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:31 PM
Sorry, pseto is right, morning will also be open for walk-up. But if you want to run in the morning, you need to be there by 8am for registration/tech inspection. It's a good way to get into the event earlier than most anyways.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:14 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I'll see you guys up there, this is only a couple of minutes from my place heading downtown so I'll just go directly to the spot.

As for autox, the Aston DB9 will not be engaging in such uncivilized activity, she'd rather be looking pretty for the car show

I tried autox back in the day, never really got into it...too much waiting around and spending the whole day out for only like 2 mins of total driving time... it's a good skill builder though...a friend and very successful driver, Randy Pobst started out as an autocrosser.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ///MPact 2012 - MD Premeet/Caravan Plans