NoVa sports car club busted for Reckless Driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 01:59 PM
wheelrz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by bull30
Bull Runs are NEVER in VA... Yesterday's BR was cancelled... What the hell is that POS in your signature? 0-60 in 22 minutes I rekkon!!!
Close to 22 minutes if you are referring to the Lexus. I never been on the bull run but saw the post about one.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:12 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
I know a few of those guys too and I agree that is why fun runs through VA shouldn't happen. The popo outside of NoVA do NOT like anyone not from their area and will run your *** through mud for speeding/reckless driving.

More info here:
http://jalopnik.com/5959896/virginia-police-impounded-a-mclaren-and-a-dozen-other-cars-for-reckless-driving

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 11-13-2012 at 02:17 PM. Reason: active link to another forum
Old 11-13-2012, 08:33 AM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
What I've heard from couple people there- everyone's car towed, everyone given reckless ticket.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:04 AM
pseto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Misanors4
What I've heard from couple people there- everyone's car towed that was caught, everyone given reckless ticket.
fixed . quite a few people were able to get away

Old 11-13-2012, 12:44 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I've heard about this also, on Sunday...apparently they are saying half got tickets the otehr half got towed?? I would like to know the details as well. Heard there was a McLaren, whose car was that? Any 6speeders involved, if so whom?

It's not wise to speed or scew around or do any spirited driving or cruises in VA, period. The Commonwealth has very aggressive police officers and super harsh laws on traffic and motorist offenses.

now all that comes togetehr for the following equation:

(VA + NoVA Car club) X Mischief = Dissaster

Old 11-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Completely agree man, since moving to nova I have turned into a grandma.

Originally Posted by sunir
I've heard about this also, on Sunday...apparently they are saying half got tickets the otehr half got towed?? I would like to know the details as well. Heard there was a McLaren, whose car was that? Any 6speeders involved, if so whom?

It's not wise to speed or scew around or do any spirited driving or cruises in VA, period. The Commonwealth has very aggressive police officers and super harsh laws on traffic and motorist offenses.

now all that comes togetehr for the following equation:

(VA + NoVA Car club) X Mischief = Dissaster

Old 11-13-2012, 04:50 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
IMO if you have a group of people doing "spirited" driving = anything beyond grandma parade-lap speeds in high profile “look at me” type of cars, I don't care what state you're in, what kind of roads you're on, there is an appreciable chance anyone involved is going down.

Of course the statutory limits of the ramifications can vary by st. or county or jurisdiction of cop or what kind of job / security clearance you have etc. but whether you get busted or chops totally busted or whatever you want to call it has a huge and pretty much totally unpredictable human element = how big a ball buster does whatever cop want to be.... no matter what st. what jurisdiction trust me they can all do it if they are so inspired if they see "spirited" driving.

To me the biggest take away (something I never personally was inclined to do in the first place off-track) is driving around with a Go-Pro. That is like handing a prosecutor a “please f-ck me” pass.

IMO all that MischiefTV type YouTube drive like an idiot in a big group and post it on the internet for attention crap, IMO they got what they were fishing for here. And could have been a lot worse with the wrong set of circumstances / bad-luck. Someone gets killed or maimed, whether really a direct result or not, the right prosecutor putting on the right case in front of the right (or wrong) jury and you’re talking about people potentially going to jail for a looong time and lives being totally ruined.

For me….. you guys can have it….. I’ll stick to hanging out at Katie’s talking cars and tearing up my poor cars at the track. All this internet drive-like-an-idiot fanfare, let it die the painful death it is IMO.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:07 PM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
pop culture + high hp engineering = trainwreck waiting to happen

Old 11-13-2012, 08:10 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
Willi said something I agree with!!!! The go-pro thing is going to get people royally screwed....

Old 11-13-2012, 09:48 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Agreed do the high performance driving on the track, plenty of track days HPDE each year, no speed limits, safe environment, no tickets or cops... And learn something when it's all said and done! And save the go pros for the track also

Old 11-14-2012, 12:27 AM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
Lucky i had something else to do that day...... Best luck to all of my friends.. Sigh..

Old 11-14-2012, 07:02 AM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
I agree that the go-pro thing has always seemed like a really bad idea when driving. Even when driving your street car at the track. What happens if you ball it up? You think the insurance co. won't sniff around for footage if you try to file a claim?

Old 11-14-2012, 07:38 AM
DucatiThunder is infamous around these parts
^^^^ YEah. Thats half the reason I never bought one. I think it a cool idea but your giving someone who is going to screw you all the evidence to do so. Someone had once posted that you cant legally self incriminate yourself or something about illegal seizure of the car and the camera inside cant be used as evidence but only the car and here say .... but Im not sure if that fits this for the go pro. Im no lawyer but I did stay at a holiday express last night ...

Old 11-14-2012, 09:55 AM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by DucatiThunder
^^^^ YEah. Thats half the reason I never bought one. I think it a cool idea but your giving someone who is going to screw you all the evidence to do so. Someone had once posted that you cant legally self incriminate yourself or something about illegal seizure of the car and the camera inside cant be used as evidence but only the car and here say .... but Im not sure if that fits this for the go pro. Im no lawyer but I did stay at a holiday express last night ...
Well self-incrimination aside, the problem is the other guy who brought his go-pro and filmed you doing something stupid. Subpoena in the mail buddy...turn over the footage.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by aznevoviii
Lucky i had something else to do that day...... Best luck to all of my friends.. Sigh..
LOL you were the first one I thought of. I was like "ohhhh man I hope lil' Jon didn't get double deep fried like BonChon chiken"

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NoVa sports car club busted for Reckless Driving