Mid-life Crisis Mustang Man!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Mid-life Crisis Mustang Man!

So the other day in Reston I was in the 355. I saw a rustang being driven aggressively merging in front of me, must have been a a new shelby or something because his license plate said "Snaked".

We were lined up at the red light and I gave him a few revs. He revved back and the light went green. His car sounded pretty good. So I speed up to give him a thumbs up but he was just looking dead straight forward with a mean look on his face, he was in his 60s or something.

I guess he though I was being serious when I revved at him? Haha. He was driving like a jackass afterwards, speeding up and slowing down. Luckily my left turn came up so I escaped.

I also got the "daddys car" comment by another older gentlemen as I walked into the Best Buy there.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
He probably thought you were just a punk kid. He's mad because he couldn't afford a sports car until he was 60

I got the "daddy's car" comment by someone at Hyperfest last year when I was driving my M3. Yeah, I'm sure daddy would be driving a modded M3 with a loud *** exhaust. Oh, not to mention a brand new Civic costs more than my M3 did.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:55 AM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
it's ok, he's old... you're in arguably a more desirable car... you win

Old 01-03-2013, 10:56 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
He grew up on a time when they took drag racing and street racing very seriously! He probably viewed you as proposing a true challenge to him by revving...think American Graffitti light to light racing

Old 01-03-2013, 05:17 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
Yeah I got that comment once this summer. Actually, I was flattered...it means someone thinks I still look that young. LOL! I should have stolen his 20 year old girlfriend from him in that case.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:49 PM
BOBP is infamous around these parts
Yah, I have the same problem! lol

Old 01-03-2013, 08:12 PM
aznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really niceaznevoviii is just really nice
Hahaha I was driving my old Gallardo with teal color wheels, have gotten comment "daddy's car" as well.

What kind of old Asian male would drive a such car like that? Hahahaha

Old 01-03-2013, 08:16 PM
GT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond repute
I am glad I am not 60... yet.

Old 01-03-2013, 10:01 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Don't you know? GT500's are the fastest cars ever.

Everybody in their 60's knows this.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:35 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Don't you know? GT500's are the fastest cars ever.

Everybody in their 60's knows this.
False. Stock base model Corvettes are faster.

Old 01-04-2013, 08:55 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Originally Posted by GT500RedStripe
I am glad I am not 60... yet.
Are the GT500s loud stock? It sounded nice and aggressive, I was too distracted and didn't get a good look at the tailpipes to see if they were aftermarket or not.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:04 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tonk
False. Stock base model Corvettes are faster.
Oh snap!

Old 01-04-2013, 01:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I think I would get that comment if I pulled up in camry...South Asian parents are notorious for owning Camrys lol

Old 01-04-2013, 04:32 PM
GT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond reputeGT500RedStripe has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by st4rk
Are the GT500s loud stock? It sounded nice and aggressive, I was too distracted and didn't get a good look at the tailpipes to see if they were aftermarket or not.
The 2013's are a little louder stock than older models. Everyone I know has changed their OEM exhaust. Most do mufflers. Half do mid pipes and mufflers and a smaller percentage do long-tubes, mid-pipes, and mufflers. Very few have electric cutouts. Every after market exhaust maker sounds a little different and there are a lot of them.

I have Kooks long-tubes, custom mid H-pipes, and Ford Racing 50-state mufflers. The mufflers keep me quieter except under boost.

This is what mine sounds like now:

Old 01-04-2013, 10:46 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
Ugh... I need a gt500

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mid-life Crisis Mustang Man!