Britain On The Green, 04/28/13

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:22 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
Bob looks like a good show...how many Astons were there? Last year they clumped Aston with Bentley and RR in a 'catch all' class. Hardly a warm reception for 3 of the most prominent and early marques in England's car history lol! ... With Aston being one of the oldest car makers on the planet since 1913, celebrating the Centennial this very year, was thinking they would have a fairly sizable cadre show up, no?
Damn Sunir, it almost sounds like you're trying to convince yourself as to why you are driving an Aston We all know that parts falling off your car are made by fine British craftsman

Old 04-29-2013, 11:27 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by bull30
Damn Sunir, it almost sounds like you're trying to convince yourself as to why you are driving an Aston We all know that parts falling off your car are made by fine British craftsman
Wrong Bull you are not understanding my point here. I don't think AM, RR, and Bentley should be grouped into an 'Catch All class' ...where Triump, MG, Jaguar, and so forth have their own classes and subclasses

Old 04-29-2013, 11:44 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Originally Posted by Tonk
Bob - what kind of car is this, and do you have any more pictures?
This one, I had to look up. I knew I saw TR4 lines... It a Triumph Dove GTR4A, with the coupe bodywork made & fitted by a company called Thomas Harrington of Hove. Only 50 ever made... Sold by Triumph agent 'Dove' in Wimbledon.

Here's a front pic from the web, might be the same car...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2013, 11:50 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Wrong Bull you are not understanding my point here. I don't think AM, RR, and Bentley should be grouped into an 'Catch All class' ...where Triump, MG, Jaguar, and so forth have their own classes and subclasses
Sunir:

All classes are based on how many pre-registrations they get. If your marque does not have enough pre-regs, (and the show program had only one Aston pre-registered), you get judged in a class with others that didn't pre-reg enough. Since these clubs are all run by volunteers, they have to make decisions based on the info they have 30 days or more before - they need to print up ballots, with the categories. There were two Vantages and a DB9 Volante at the show. So, it's not that they were dissing these marques, but they are not going to give a trophy out to the one guy who shows up with each marque - especially if he shows up without pre-registering.

--Bob Collum

Old 04-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Wow, that's an awesome little car. Might have to add that to my "if I win the lottery" list

Old 04-29-2013, 11:55 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
I got your point I'm just bustin' on you!!!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Tonk
Wow, that's an awesome little car. Might have to add that to my "if I win the lottery" list
You could always trade in those girly white sunglasses