Britain On The Green, 04/28/13

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 05:10 PM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice

The first British car show of the year, Britain On The Green, will be held Sunday, 04/28/13. This event, held by the Capital Triumph Register, is a good one every year. It's at a new venue this year, Gunston Hall - looks like a nice place.

I've already signed up - who else is going? (It will be a busy day for me, as I plan on bringing both the Lotus and the Jaguar.)

http://www.capitaltriumphregister.com/bog/

--Bob Collum

Old 03-31-2013, 07:51 PM
RSR Guy has a spectacular aura aboutRSR Guy has a spectacular aura about
I am planning on being there this year...assuming they will still allow a home-built-hack-job-Lister-repro in the show again!

bob

Old 03-31-2013, 10:28 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
this is a new one for me, i've never heard of it. but Cars N Critters is the day before out in Pennsylvania and i'm already signed up for that, so i don't know if i'll be up to doing anything the next day.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:05 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
This event is always nice. Gunston is a cool venue as well.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:03 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
I used to go to this event when we had the Mini and the Lotus... It's a very nice event and Gina and I will more than likely attend again this year.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:08 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Hope to see you there, Bull! I'll be standing by either the Ardent Red Elise, or the metallic green Jaguar XK Coupe.

--Bob Collum

Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by telum01
this is a new one for me, i've never heard of it. but Cars N Critters is the day before out in Pennsylvania and i'm already signed up for that, so i don't know if i'll be up to doing anything the next day.
I did this event last year, we had only 2 Astons there out of like 150 cars. My car and my friends with an '06 Vanquish S. Neither of us won anything as they place Aston in with "the rest of them" class. This event is mostly for MG, Sprite, Austin, Healy, Mini, Wolsley, BL, etc...etc...some Jensens were there, maybe a TVR or two...a few choice e-type jags to round out the lot. Astons, Bentley, and Rolls were grouped into the "rest of them" or "catch all" class.

Overall a decent event. Definately not the best one of the year, but not the worst. Some good cars there, again LOTS of the small british roadster types there...people were great, lots of spectators who are really into cars, and the weather was gorgeous, the food was good too.

I'd be up for it again Richard if you want to go to this I'd be game for tagging along. At least we'd have a couple of Astons out there again. I dunno how they are going to do the groupings this year. I am also signed up for the critters show in PA the day before.

Old 04-18-2013, 07:05 PM
Come To Britain On The Green - 04/28/13

Just over a week to go. We'd like to get a good turnout to this, the first British car show of the season.

It's a new venue - Gunston Hall Plantation. Hope to see you there!

Below are pictures from last year's event. I think I recognize that DB9 on the left!

--Bob Collum

Attached Images    
Old 04-19-2013, 02:28 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
^^^ lol I remember that Bob, those were the only 2 Astons there... I probably won't make it this year unfortunately

Old 04-29-2013, 07:42 AM

A nice new venue, Gunston Hall. Most of the cars fit on the giant open field. I was lucky enough to have a friend, Clint Hyde of the local Jaguar Club, drive my Jaguar XK Coupe, so I could also drive my Lotus there. Wouldn't you know, the huge turnout of Jaguars (more than 20, I believe) meant that the Jaguars were on a separate filed, at the opposite end of the property from the end the Lotus cars were arranged. Still, a nice sunny morning, and a big turnout of amazing British cars.

Do you like quirky? If so, a British car show is the place to be...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 04-29-2013, 07:45 AM

Of course, there is more than just quirky vehicles there...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 04-29-2013, 07:51 AM
Britain On The Green, 04/28/13 - Part 3

More from Sunday's show...

--Bob Collum

Attached Images      
Old 04-29-2013, 09:07 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by rcollum
Bob - what kind of car is this, and do you have any more pictures?

Old 04-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Looks like a GT6 coupe version, used to love the Triumphs...

Old 04-29-2013, 11:00 AM
Bob looks like a good show...how many Astons were there? Last year they clumped Aston with Bentley and RR in a 'catch all' class. Hardly a warm reception for 3 of the most prominent and early marques in England's car history lol! ... With Aston being one of the oldest car makers on the planet since 1913, celebrating the Centennial this very year, was thinking they would have a fairly sizable cadre show up, no?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Britain On The Green, 04/28/13