Ferrari Spring Thaw - Reston, VA - April 13, 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
If only I had some paper checks...

Old 04-06-2013, 11:49 PM
King Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the rough
I went to this last year with some of the NOVASCC guys and it was a good time. I'm likely game this year as well.

Old 04-08-2013, 10:17 AM
BunchOfSevens is infamous around these parts
I should be in attendance. Looks like a neat get together.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
I'll be there.

I'll be there with the F430 this year. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:13 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
My lunch plans fell through so now I'll be able to make it to the Spring Thaw. Are there any plans for the time in between Katie's and the Spring Thaw? It's a little bit too far for me to drive back home in between

Old 04-12-2013, 04:33 PM
ssong is infamous around these parts
looks like I'll be able to stopping by tomorrow too, hopefully I'll bump into some of you!

Old 04-12-2013, 06:11 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
I'm going to the SuperNoVA NSX meet inbetween somehow to grab some lunch and sed some cool cars.... and maybe win an ipad mini.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Kumaiki is infamous around these parts
Tonk I'll probably join you in whatever you figure out.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:06 PM
i1o101i is infamous around these parts
NSX Party was also present, some F-owners where not very happy

Attached Images   

Last edited by i1o101i; 04-13-2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:24 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Haha I could see it now! the older uptight Ferrari purist guys getting upset at the jdm invasion! Y'all went Godzilla on 'em!!!

Old 04-14-2013, 08:42 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Snobbery at it's finest. You can't fault another group of enthusiasts to come out and support your marque. Good thing we have Juan and Greg amongst us to even that out a little.

Old 04-14-2013, 09:25 AM
gt1995 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
Snobbery at it's finest. You can't fault another group of enthusiasts to come out and support your marque.
With all respect to you, it was not the least bit respectful behavior from the NSX crew. I love NSX cars, but the street was blocked off for Ferrari Club members' cars, and the NSX crew came in through the fence and parallel parked across from all of the Ferraris. None of the other enthusiasts who were there - and there were many - barged in with their cars or drove around gunning their engines and stereos.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:38 AM
WeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really niceWeisachWilli is just really nice
^^ A big DITTO. Seemed to me to be hatery at its finest and a thinly veiled expression of sheer envy. Seemed like few people there had any interest in those NSXs, just in the human nature of what would motivate a group of people to do something like that.... now if the roles / marques were reversed and it was a bunch of Ferraris blowing thru a NSX or all Asian or whatever type of event en masse, then that would be something that would divert real attention from the intended highlighted group, but you'd never see it happen. Why would they waste their time? They wouldn't. The NSX stunt = psycho analytical case study on the demographic and typology characteristics that attach to a given auto make/model. Makes me dislike those wanna be cars more than I always did LOL. I knew one guy who had a late model yellow one that was half so so cool, all the other ones I ever really looked at = junk. But I suppose they have their place in auto history, I just wish people would keep it where it belongs and be respectful of others, esp when it comes to the most reverred marque in the auto universe. Blasphemy LMAO

Old 04-14-2013, 11:48 AM
355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of355dreamer has much to be proud of
I agree. It was very poor taste for the NSX crew to crash an FCA sanctioned event.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:57 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
I was under the impression that you had to register for this event? I didn't and drove right by it in my f355, parked in a garage, and walked to it to take pics (up soon).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari Spring Thaw - Reston, VA - April 13, 2013