Ferrari Spring Thaw - Reston, VA - April 13, 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Ferrari Spring Thaw - Reston, VA - April 13, 2013

Saturday, April 13, 2013
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
11905 Market St
Reston, VA 20190

Once again this very popular event will be held at Clydes in the Reston Town Center. Clydes is located right next to the Pavilion. Registered participants can park in front of the gorgeous Mercury Fountain, in the Pavilion, and on Market Street - reserved just for Ferraris and other exotics. This year the one of a kind FCA 50th Anniversary Ferrari 599 HGTE will be on display at the event.

Starting at 12:00 pm, C1yde’s of Reston will provide a cash bar and appetizers for guests to enjoy while socializing around the cars on Market Street. Lunch begins at 2:00 pm. Great food, door prizes and Ferrari surprises!

The cost: $50 per person. Your check is your reservation (payable to FCA-MAR) and must arrive by April 8th. We are limited to 100 guests so reserve early! FCA-MAR members have priority. Mail your check to: Laura Ebert, 12954 Centre Park Circle #405, Herndon, VA 20171. Phone: 301-412-9741. Email: leapbaby76@gmail.com.

Join us for great FOOD, FUN and FERRARIS!
This event is free for spectators. For those who have never been, it's a great event and a great opportunity to see a ton of Ferraris all in one place.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4877.jpg
Views:	922
Size:	388.6 KB
ID:	226740  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:23 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I think I'd like to go check this out as a spectator this year...heard some good things about it. If I am in town that day...I might not be.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 AM
gt1995 is infamous around these parts
I will be there with my new (to me) 360 Spider. It is a great event which I have attended as a spectator in the past. In addition the Ferraris, you also tend to get some other exotics like Lambos and classic Fiats.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:53 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by gt1995
I will be there with my new (to me) 360 Spider. It is a great event which I have attended as a spectator in the past. In addition the Ferraris, you also tend to get some other exotics like Lambos and classic Fiats.
Congrats on your new purchase!

Old 04-02-2013, 09:11 AM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
I swear one day these people will learn what Paypal is and stop asking for paper checks. Ponderous.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:23 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TransHuman
I swear one day these people will learn what Paypal is and stop asking for paper checks. Ponderous.
They will figure this out around the same time they figure out that Ferraris can be driven during the winter, and don't need to wait until the spring to thaw before used lol!!

Old 04-02-2013, 05:26 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sunir
They will figure this out around the same time they figure out that Ferraris can be driven during the winter, and don't need to wait until the spring to thaw before used lol!!
relax, the FCA members are mostly non computer people, or too busy to work on it... and all work is volunteer. I'm actually going to help them with the site, and making it friendly paypal and other electronic means is one of the things I want also.

And some of them do track their cars... drive during the winter, etc... it's just a term they call the event, kind of like when people get excited for opening day for baseball... the smell of grass and the national past time after the long winter hibernation.

If you all youngins with Ferraris with good ideas would join and help out that is most welcome. They are one of the most welcoming group of people I've met and enjoy each other's company (actually more than the cars).

Old 04-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by KJM3SMG
If you all youngins with Ferraris with good ideas would join and help out that is most welcome. They are one of the most welcoming group of people I've met and enjoy each other's company (actually more than the cars).
Sorry don't own a Ferrari, and not really a youngin...well in mid thirties so maybe still a youngin in the f-car crowd lol! haha...

I was just messin' with ya bro in my post before ...I know the guys are good guys I instructed with FCA and FMoW back when Alie Ash and Bob Segal from Algar used to do the track days over at Summot Point like 8 years ago. Those were GREAT events and fun times. Good folks and fun cars, that's back when Richard Cappocia still worked for Alie at the old FoW location.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:58 PM
tuner1984 is infamous around these parts
May go as it's right down the street from me

Old 04-02-2013, 06:26 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sunir
Sorry don't own a Ferrari, and not really a youngin...well in mid thirties so maybe still a youngin in the f-car crowd lol! haha...

I was just messin' with ya bro in my post before ...I know the guys are good guys I instructed with FCA and FMoW back when Alie Ash and Bob Segal from Algar used to do the track days over at Summot Point like 8 years ago. Those were GREAT events and fun times. Good folks and fun cars, that's back when Richard Cappocia still worked for Alie at the old FoW location.
haha i know dude just making sure there is some voice speaking from the other side

and you're no youngin'? haha to the old guys there you are!

Old 04-02-2013, 06:37 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
youngins? haaaa

i'm looking forward to the AMOC trip to London. pretty sure i'll be on the very low end of the age spectrum there.

i'll see if i can come to this event. gotta see how it lines up with everything else. you guys are so busy up here! so many events! i love it haha

Old 04-02-2013, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by telum01
you guys are so busy up here! so many events! i love it haha
Wait until the summer when the weather is actually warm haha.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:24 PM
Originally Posted by telum01
youngins? haaaa

i'm looking forward to the AMOC trip to London. pretty sure i'll be on the very low end of the age spectrum there.

i'll see if i can come to this event. gotta see how it lines up with everything else. you guys are so busy up here! so many events! i love it haha
Im in for the London trip most likely been emailing with Kathy G about it this week and last ...will talk with you more over the weekend, I am really looking forward to it as well. The official Aston Martin Centennial Celebration with the factory and all the company folks.

Oh and yeah this area is certifiably car crazy, events all the time, every weekend...non stop... you will seriously have something to do all the time here if you like cars.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:07 AM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by KJM3SMG
relax, the FCA members are mostly non computer people, or too busy to work on it... and all work is volunteer. I'm actually going to help them with the site, and making it friendly paypal and other electronic means is one of the things I want also.

And some of them do track their cars... drive during the winter, etc... it's just a term they call the event, kind of like when people get excited for opening day for baseball... the smell of grass and the national past time after the long winter hibernation.

Well I'm not a "joiner" per se...but maybe you and I could join forces Karl and help them out (although you being an open source guy and me being an M$ junkie, the world might end!). Last year I voiced the same point of view on their lack of modern e-commerce. To be honest and as objectively as possible, there really isn't any excuse. We both know it takes minutes to establish a Paypal account.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by TransHuman
Well I'm not a "joiner" per se...but maybe you and I could join forces Karl and help them out (although you being an open source guy and me being an M$ junkie, the world might end!). Last year I voiced the same point of view on their lack of modern e-commerce. To be honest and as objectively as possible, there really isn't any excuse. We both know it takes minutes to establish a Paypal account.
It's ok Juan, I've worked with winblows developers before, it turned out ok :P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ferrari Spring Thaw - Reston, VA - April 13, 2013