30th Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance - Sunday May 5, 2013

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 09:40 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
30th Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance - Sunday May 5, 2013

http://www.dmconcours.com

Sunday May 5, 2013
(rain date - May 19, 2013)

Nottoway Park
9601 Courthouse Rd
Vienna, VA 22181

Event Schedule:
8:30 AM Field opens to show participants for placement onto the field.
9:00 AM General admission begins.
10:00 AM All cars whose owners wish them to be judged must be registered, and cars placed on the field. If you would like to be judged, PLEASE have your car on the field by 10:00 AM We do our best to judge everyone consistently and fairly and can do this best if we have sufficient time. Thank you!
10:30 AM Judging begins.
2:30 - 3:00 PM After the judging is completed, scores are tallied, and winners determined, we will announce winners at the wine and cheese reception.
3:00 PM Wine and Cheese Reception - Awards for all clubs will be presented at the Wine and Cheese Reception.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	5822653_orig.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	405.0 KB
ID:	227252  
Old 04-02-2013, 04:36 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Sent in my regs. Vote for the coolest 928 in the front engine class!

Old 04-02-2013, 05:59 PM
tuner1984 is infamous around these parts
May have to come out for this even to! So many events such little time!

Old 04-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tuner1984
May have to come out for this even to! So many events such little time!
Yeah tons of events. I'll most likely go to the Mischief Mega Meet. Would be difficult to hit both events.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:07 PM
impretzle is infamous around these parts
Does anyone know why Audi stopped doing these? Last year I met quite a few audi folk who showed up and were interested in doing so. The organizers never gave me a good answer as to why audi doesnt participate anymore. I remember back many years ago they were.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:41 AM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by impretzle
Does anyone know why Audi stopped doing these? Last year I met quite a few audi folk who showed up and were interested in doing so. The organizers never gave me a good answer as to why audi doesnt participate anymore. I remember back many years ago they were.

I don't have specific insight - but for the years I have attended the event... the Audi presence was very, very small. I'm just guessing that it wasn't worth continuing given the amount of work necessary to plan, set-up, judge and run it.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:54 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Fraggle
Sent in my regs. Vote for the coolest 928 in the front engine class!
WHAT A Porsche with a front engine What will they think of next, mid-engine maybe?

Old 04-11-2013, 07:00 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by bull30
WHAT A Porsche with a front engine What will they think of next, mid-engine maybe?
Hey! Get back to work and order my tile!

Old 04-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Hope to see a few faces from 6speed out there, usually a good mix of cars in this one.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:25 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Been there several times, with several different cars. dunno if I will make it this year though. It's a good show, it's judged pretty stringently depending on which marquee you enter...I won with the SL55 AMG and didn't with the GT2 where I would have expected it the other way around. Definately some really nice cars there.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:20 AM
pseto is infamous around these parts
Unbelievable turnout yesterday! Weather was perfect for the 30th Anniversary of DM and there was probably 150 cars being shown/judged (and another 50+ in the corral area).

Fraggle/Sunir - did either of you win anything?

Old 05-06-2013, 10:33 AM
I won 2nd place in judged front engine porsche class. Sunir won an angry look from a judge with dirty hands.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:00 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fraggle
I won 2nd place in judged front engine porsche class. Sunir won an angry look from a judge with dirty hands.
yup exactly...man that judge checked the underside of my rear decklid and then he put his hand into the airbox...!!! ..whoa he looked disgusted and dissapponted, almost feeling disrepected...and gave be an evil eye! Then he wiped his dirty hand on the grass behind the engine bay I felt embarrased and as though I'd let down Ferdinand Porsche himself and the factory should ask for my car back

Old 05-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by sunir
yup exactly...man that judge checked the underside of my rear decklid and then he put his hand into the airbox...!!! ..whoa he looked disgusted and dissapponted, almost feeling disrepected...and gave be an evil eye! Then he wiped his dirty hand on the grass behind the engine bay I felt embarrased and as though I'd let down Ferdinand Porsche himself and the factory should ask for my car back

I feel dirty just having read that....

Old 05-06-2013, 01:41 PM
TransHuman is infamous around these parts
It was cool to come out there. Some really cool cars that are very well maintained. I'm in love with the Z8, so those are my personal faves. But Peter had a 2006 E46 M3 Competition Package that was really clean. Ultimately, I concluded that to be meticulous at the expected levels, you have to be on the verge of being Rainman.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 30th Deutsche Marque Concours d'Elegance - Sunday May 5, 2013