Baltimore Grand Prix....anyone going or has attended?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Stone_05 is infamous around these parts
Baltimore Grand Prix....anyone going or has attended?

Checking to see if anyone is going or has been. Looks like my family wants to come with so I'm looking for some info on where to stay, sit, paddock info etc. Definitely want to see the cars up close and take pics. Only interested in attending the Le Mans race so I think I only need Saturday tix. Any info anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Old 04-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
There is a big thread on it you can probably find if you search. I went the first year, had a ball. I would recommend getting Friday and Saturday. I believe Fri is the media day where you can get pics/autographs with drivers. I couldn't get up for Friday due to work, but went for both Le Mans and Indy. I stayed at the Hilton inside the track layout so you could only get your car inside/out at certain times. A lot of other members did the different marque corrals.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:54 PM
tuner1984 is infamous around these parts
I had a blast the very first year I went!

Old 04-22-2013, 06:07 AM
///M Doosh is infamous around these parts
I went all three days the first year. The LeMans race was by far the highlight for me. Bought grandstand seats in the hairpin and they werent bad but I ended up walking around and checking out other parts of the track for most of the day. If I went back it'd only be for sat.

Old 04-22-2013, 06:17 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Misanors4
There is a big thread on it you can probably find if you search. I went the first year, had a ball. I would recommend getting Friday and Saturday. I believe Fri is the media day where you can get pics/autographs with drivers. I couldn't get up for Friday due to work, but went for both Le Mans and Indy. I stayed at the Hilton inside the track layout so you could only get your car inside/out at certain times. A lot of other members did the different marque corrals.
In addition, another benefit for Friday is no reserved seating. So you can walk around and "try out" all the different grand stands to see which view you like the best...whether you want to see the top speeds on the straightaway, or the action around the turns.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Sounds like if I go again I definitely need a Friday ticket. Haven't heard anything about this year yet.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Misanors4
Sounds like if I go again I definitely need a Friday ticket. Haven't heard anything about this year yet.
Most tickets have been on sale for a few months now. We've been ready to sell corral packages for 3 months now, but not sure why BGP/Andretti keeps delaying pricing.

Anyone heard any details about Porsche/Corvette corrals?

Old 04-22-2013, 08:11 PM
King Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the roughKing Richard is a jewel in the rough
I went last year with a friend on Saturday only, which was a blast. I paid for the Corvette corral and it was underwhelming to say the least, so I won't be doing that again.

The BMW area seemed a lot more fun with way better chow.

Old 04-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I also have not seen a lot of press or action on here about the event. The only thing I have heard and will most likely do is a Patron Party Friday with the Wing-ed One.

Any word on a revamped Porsche Corral? Two years ago was embarrassing to say the least. I wanted to move in on BMW or Lambo that at least had coffee.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:12 PM
mtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the roughmtmd11 is a jewel in the rough
Got tickets and hotel. Mid-Atlantic Lambos is, we hope, going to be hosting a car corral area like the first year, but with some improvements from the Grand Prix folks.

Can't wait. (To the point of considering driving up to Pocono Raceway for the Indy race in July.)

Old 04-24-2013, 07:14 PM
pseto is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
I also have not seen a lot of press or action on here about the event. The only thing I have heard and will most likely do is a Patron Party Friday with the Wing-ed One.

Any word on a revamped Porsche Corral? Two years ago was embarrassing to say the least. I wanted to move in on BMW or Lambo that at least had coffee.
BGP has been pretty slow with all the car corral info. We've been ready to sell tickets for more than 3 months, but hopefully it won't be too much longer. We've been working with BGP over the winter and we're gearing up for the biggest corral party with some new things planned.

I'm hoping Porsche and Corvette have better corrals b/c they deserve better than what was offered the past 2 years. Anyone here from Porsche/Corvette working with BGP on your corrals? If so, please PM me as I'd like to discuss overall corral requirements.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:27 PM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
paul--i believe randy moss from collectors car corral is the point man for ferrari club. he'd be more than happy to chat with you....give him a call over there

Old 04-24-2013, 07:29 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Went last year and picked up a few SRT Hospitality/Corral Tickets.... It was more than expected with a private area next to the pit entrance, free drinks including alcohol, a buffet, private trailer with two levels that also had an air conditioned inside with sofa's, arcade game, conference room and restrooms.... Went last weekend to Long Beach GP and it was very weak as far as SRT hospitality but it was packed with people and lots of partying everywhere else! Definitely hope the BGP is the same as last years offerings by SRT.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:37 PM
Zahjah has a spectacular aura aboutZahjah has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by scott in ss
the only thing i have heard and will most likely do is a patron party friday with the wing-ed one.

my man!

Old 04-24-2013, 07:39 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Yeah /\ SRT is one of the big boys this year. I have searched PCA's official calendar, Potmac PCA's calendar and there is not one mention of it. Also checked Dorki and nothing solid there either. Just as I suspected, you guys know more than the main marques.

Mike Brown wants to make sure there is a good showing for Friday's Patron party so it looks like I will be there two days.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baltimore Grand Prix....anyone going or has attended?