6th Annual “Cool Car and Bike Night” Wednesday, May 15th @ 6:00pm in Manassas, Va

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:56 AM
VNDETTASupra is infamous around these parts
6th Annual “Cool Car and Bike Night” Wednesday, May 15th @ 6:00pm in Manassas, Va

All,

I wanted to invite the 6speed community to bring their cars out to a fun event I've done over the years called the “Cool Car and Bike Night”. The event is a fun show and shine opportunity for various makes and models. The event will be Wednesday, May 15th @ 6:00pm. The address is:

MBC Prince William
10002 Battleview Pkwy
Manassas, VA 20109

Turnout in the past has been overwhelming, lots of cars and even more spectators. The list of cars that have attended in the past include Lamborghini's, Aston Martin's, numerous Ferrari's and Acura NSX's, Supra's, Corvette Z06's, HIN 350z's and G35's, classic muscle cars and Porsche's.

Scheduled events include:
- Show and Shine area for cars and bikes
- Working on a couple of additions to the event that may include a road course or some time of driving event (stay tuned).

If you would like to bring your car or bike for the show and shine portion of the event please respond via email at:

Courtenay.hicks@tma.osd.mil with the year, make and model of the vehicle you will be bringing, a picture would also be welcome. Or if you prefer, simply reply to this posting regarding the vehicle’s information.

If you are going to show your car or bike please try to have your vehicle at the event no later than 6:00 pm.

Thanks very much,
Court Hicks

Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 PM
spatialthreat is infamous around these partsspatialthreat is infamous around these parts
Ill bring these two.

Name:  QvQDd98.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  98.5 KB

Old 05-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Great! Definitely looking forward to seeing both the Atom and GTR out at the event.

Regards,
Court

Old 05-13-2013, 07:17 AM
Just a few days to go, I hope to see some 6speeders represent out at the meet. There is suppose to be a 458 Italia, Aston Martin, Ariel Atom, The new Mercedes CLS550, Nissan GTR, etc., coming out for this event. We are going to try and put together an autocross coarse for those interested and we are working to have a food & drink option available as well. Look forward to seeing you then!
Court

Old 05-13-2013, 09:36 AM
civicexracer has a spectacular aura aboutcivicexracer has a spectacular aura aboutcivicexracer has a spectacular aura about
If you guys set up and autox I might be in for sh*ts and giggles. But I do have to ask.. Who's setting this autox up?

Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
THow'd I miss this? It's weds! Depending on weather, I'll be there.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:42 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
I'm going to try and make it with my old snail. Of course I will have to leave now to make it out 66 on time

Put me down for the autocross.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:08 AM
Originally Posted by civicexracer
If you guys set up and autox I might be in for sh*ts and giggles. But I do have to ask.. Who's setting this autox up?
I'm relying on some folks who did the autocross effort in past years to layout out the course and coordinate, otherwise I'm open to input from the drivers themselves. The course will be coned out and I ask anyone that wants to try it to bring the necessary safety equipment if they plan on pushing it. Liability is with the drivers.

Thanks for the interest and hope to see you there!
Court

Old 05-14-2013, 08:09 AM
Originally Posted by Fraggle
THow'd I miss this? It's weds! Depending on weather, I'll be there.
The weather is looking great, partly cloudy and low 80's!!!

Hope to see you there!
Court

Old 05-14-2013, 08:11 AM
Originally Posted by Gunther
I'm going to try and make it with my old snail. Of course I will have to leave now to make it out 66 on time

Put me down for the autocross.
Hey Gunther, thanks for the support, I'd love to see you bring the Porsche out! The weather looks great for tomorrow. I know what you mean about the traffic, the event though is from 6-9pm, so no rush if you do get held up. Or, skip out early

Court

Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM
civicexracer has a spectacular aura aboutcivicexracer has a spectacular aura aboutcivicexracer has a spectacular aura about
I'm looking at the map of that address and unless its an old map, I don't see any lot that could safely hold an autox event. Let alone a fun course..

Any pictures or videos from the past autox?

Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 PM
blue_myriddn is infamous around these partsblue_myriddn is infamous around these parts

Details: 2001 Acura NSX

Unless work blows up on me, planning on taking a half day tomorrow and heading out to your event. How early can I get there without being obnoxious? I am coming in from Crystal city and am looking to avoid the traffic and HOV restrictions (start at 4PM inside the beltway). I figure I can bring cleaning supplies and just happily putter away shining up my car, but I don't want to be a nuisance by being there too early.

Attached Images  
Old 05-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Originally Posted by civicexracer
I'm looking at the map of that address and unless its an old map, I don't see any lot that could safely hold an autox event. Let alone a fun course..

Any pictures or videos from the past autox?
There is a lot that is seperate from the main parking area, granted its not overwhelmingly large however this isn't going to be a hardcore event. We are going to try and make it as fun and challenging as we can but we are limited as to what we can do based on the space we were given. Since you obviously have experience in this area we are open to input as to the course layout when you come out.

Old 05-14-2013, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by blue_myriddn

Details: 2001 Acura NSX

Unless work blows up on me, planning on taking a half day tomorrow and heading out to your event. How early can I get there without being obnoxious? I am coming in from Crystal city and am looking to avoid the traffic and HOV restrictions (start at 4PM inside the beltway). I figure I can bring cleaning supplies and just happily putter away shining up my car, but I don't want to be a nuisance by being there too early.
I don't see it being a problem at all if you want to arrive early, extra time to detail the NSX Myself and others will try to be there by 5:30 or so to begin setting up the show n shine lot and to setup the AutoX course. I look forward to seeing the NSX tomorrow. If you know of any others feel free to invite them out, I posted the event on Prime. Regards, Court

Old 05-14-2013, 10:35 PM
jspecb18c is infamous around these parts
I am planning to come Court.

-Ryan

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6th Annual “Cool Car and Bike Night” Wednesday, May 15th @ 6:00pm in Manassas, Va