MN head count

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:55 PM
DaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really niceDaveKrek is just really nice
Originally Posted by airflite1
Dave I'm up for Rib Fest if you have it early enough. Since it's over 350 miles do I have to bring the Porsche or can I fly? It would be fun to talk cars and airplanes.
I'm ten min from flying cloud (KFCM). Unfortunately ribs will have to wait for the spring !

Old 11-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Lazerblade is infamous around these parts
UH-1N, AH-1, H-58, T-34C, TA4J, C-12 Super King Air, and SH-60B. Don't own any of them though, was just paid to fly them. But the good news is, I can come for ribs.

Paul

Old 11-26-2007, 08:06 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
I meant early enough in the spring. I usually leave mid to early April for the fiire season. It sounds like there might be a few pilots on here. How about the food and wine experience in Feb. since there is a wine section does anyone go there, Sharon enjoyed it when we went before.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:13 PM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
No planes.

Does a C6 Z06 count?

Shakopee

If you're doing an all-make meet (in the spring), count me in.

Chris

Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 PM
thull is infamous around these parts
Which airports do you guys use?

I have been thinking about getting some flight classes.

My girlfriend actually bought me a 'Discovery Flight' with Thunderbird Aviation and I'm excited to check it out.

Old 11-30-2007, 12:21 AM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Flying cloud is a great airport to learn to fly at! They have several flight schools there and I have a bunch of friends who have learned to fly there. Plus, it's less than 1.5 miles from my house!

Old 11-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Bif Powell is infamous around these parts
Hello - MN native here as well. I don't have a Porsche yet, but 3 of my cars are German (2 MBs and an Audi) and I'm a Euro-junky. My dad always offers his old cars to me for some ridiculously low amount under trade-in when he gets new ones and I've been turning him down for the last 3 cars (except for the one that he offered to me for free)...but he just got a new CTT a few months ago and THAT one I think I'll take him up on in a couple years - it's an especially nice example, haven't seen a nicer one so far

Hope to see you guys around and I would try and attend any GTG. I know ktan and thull from other local car clubs/functions - ktan put on my RS4 clutch.

Check out my house/garage build-thread in the Garage forum - I'll have some kind of Garage-warming party when it's done or close to done and I would be honored to have some p-cars christen the driveway and or lift

Old 11-30-2007, 12:11 PM
Bif Powell is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by thull
Which airports do you guys use?

I have been thinking about getting some flight classes.

My girlfriend actually bought me a 'Discovery Flight' with Thunderbird Aviation and I'm excited to check it out.
A close friend of mine was an instructor at Thunderbird, PM me if you want me to find out who the 'good' instructors are there - I'm sure they're ALL good, but you know what I mean. He's since moved on to being a Flight Instructor for NWA (I've been able to spend a good amount of time in the A320 sim), but he still keeps in touch with those guys and flies his Cirrus out of Flying Cloud so he's plugged in over there.

Old 12-01-2007, 02:28 PM
KhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud ofKhanNSX has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Bif Powell

Hope to see you guys around and I would try and attend any GTG. I know ktan and thull from other local car clubs/functions - ktan put on my RS4 clutch.

I had no idea^^, that means you've been to my shop.. Elite.

I think next spring/summer will be a good year for GTG's, a lot of us are non Porsche owners, but it seems we can all appreciate all makes and models. I'd be more then happy to host a GTG/BBQ at the shop, we have plenty of space for 100+ cars, so space shouldn't be an issue.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:31 PM
kre8ive is infamous around these parts
Rogers area myself. When you boys plan something I'll be there.

P.S. This white powdery **** on the ground today makes me depressed.

Old 12-01-2007, 07:39 PM
airflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant futureairflite1 has a brilliant future
You"re in Minnesota. You need a snowmobile!

Old 12-03-2007, 09:00 PM
kre8ive is infamous around these parts
I do have one, the only bad thing is once you get 1 good day to ride it, 50,000 other monkeys are pounding the ditch's and trails into mud, so I might as well ride around in my Gator. Hopefully this winter turns out better because if I'm going to freeze my nuts off at least we could have some snow.

Old 12-03-2007, 09:09 PM
I guess that's one of the advantages living up north. I've yet to see the trails get beat. it doesn't get much better than the Red River run from Hallock to Pembina. Or bar hopping to the Islands on the Lake of the Woods.

Old 12-04-2007, 06:26 PM
JonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to behold
Snowmobile?

Here's another take on a snowmobile . . . (click to view) How long till spring?

Stillwater, mn

Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2007, 03:16 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JonC4S
Here's another take on a snowmobile . . . (click to view) How long till spring?

Stillwater, mn
That's quite the nice "snowmobile" you've got there Jon! Those BBS wheels look great!

Do any of you MN guys have a black E63? I saw one today when I was driving home so I figured I'd check on here.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MN head count