First gear was a smooth shift

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 09:00 AM
Just In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to behold
First gear was a smooth shift

Smooth Shifting!

June 1st, 2009
I Tell ya what I recently talked with someone who interviewed the founder of chic-fil-a and he asked the founder what makes you different then everyone? the founder said “stop planning!” ” Know the end goal and find a way to get there.” that just what this drive was we planned the destination and found a way to get there successfully! This was a great drive with great cars and great people! I cant ask for more then that!
On May 30th, 2009 a groupe of guy came together to carve Michigan’s scenic twisties. All that came out had a great time. The day started at 430 am for most. We all drove to grand rapids and met up to reach our final destination of Tunnel of trees along the M-119.
10 am rolls around and we start to get our first attendees. A G35 Infiniti pulls in and not to far behind 3 E46 M3’s along with a 2009 Z06. Lately the 2009 M3 sedan pulls in with the 550i and integra.
So we drive to our first stop where we are to meet up with the Testerossi (sorry Les I had to ) and another e46 M3 this one is a vert thou. This is where the fun begins. As we leave with the Ferrari Testerossa Leading we head towards the M-22 and where we ripp through the windy roads. The testerossa is huggin the curves hard with Brandons E46 right on his bumper trying to pass. As they hit the straightaway they hit the accelorator and the M3 passes the Ferrari. As we Pull around the curves just past Onekama we see a Black 09 Z06 and E39 M5. We pull off at the scneic turnout so they can catch up with us and we can stretch those legs.
We get on our way quickly with the black Z06 and E39M5 leading towards Northport, Mi. Instantly you can tell the leaders have been on these roads before. They are accelerating around corners and having a grand time leaving everyone else in the distance. With everyone hungry we stop at a quaint bar and grill.
We get a quick bite and head towards Traverse city on the M-22. When we get there we stop to say bye to some of our guys and meet some local traverse city people. One lady comes to us and wants to take pics with that beautiful Ferrai Testerossi. After the Photo op and the BMW M3 sedan,E39 M5, Black Z06, Infinit G35, and Our Testerossa leave use we all make it to Tunnel of trees safe and sound. Myself along with Aaron in the integra go up first to grab the pic spot. As we wait for the cars all we hear is the birds and Lake Michigan then all of a sudden you hear Brandon’s M3 ripping thru in the distance. As he hit the corner he brakes and then hits the apex where he promptly Accelerates following him are the Red Z06, 2 E46 M3’s, and the 550i.
After everyone gets thru the tunnel its time for use to make our decent toward the city. Its a depressing drive as we have to leave these great roads Michigan has but we will be back again bigger..ya much bigger crowd…So who wants to go In June? June 26th to be exact!

Pictures From this event can be seen Here, Here

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 06-01-2009 at 10:08 AM. Reason: link to another forum
Old 06-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Redline is infamous around these parts
Great event Justin. Good mix of cars and awesome route. When can we do it again?

Old 06-03-2009, 05:56 AM
Just In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to beholdJust In Time is a splendid one to behold
for sure maury. great mix of cars you say I think this time we should just meet HERE
the map says 6.5 hours from manistee thru tunnel of trees but no way it took that long maybe 4...maybe

I think the 26th would be a good time to do again. I may have to bring the tdi up there this time so i can be the slowest. wouldnt want to make nate feel bad again so he leaves warly

Old 06-08-2009, 03:40 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Sucks I couldnt make. I'll try to make the next.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 PM
alexi the next run is on my site
www.midwestmotorclub.com