Oct 17th, Columbus Ohio, Fall Gathering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 11:43 AM
timmay77 is infamous around these parts
Oct 17th, Columbus Ohio, Fall Gathering

I am trying to get one last, nice, big, gathering together before it really starts getting cold. If you live anywhere CLOSE to Columbus, please consider coming by. There are a quite few members from the M5board, MBWorld, Ohiobimmers.com, and several other forums coming. (several from out of town) Hopefully I can also talk some other exotic owners into showing up. I talked to my buddy who has a 700hp Nova, he is going to get some of his American Muscle buds to show up too. This should be interesting......

As of now, the car count is somewhere in the 30's, I would like to see many, many more.

Date: Oct 17th

Time: 5pm

Place:
Hooters
5225 Nike Station Way
Hilliard, 43026

I spoke with the Store GM, they are going to rope off an area for us.

Plan: Meet and greet, drive, then head out for a night of fun. (for those NOT with a faint heart)

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 09-29-2009 at 12:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Former Vendor
erik@sachssport.com is infamous around these parts
I am interested in this for the future (warmer months) sorry I missed it earlier!

Old 12-23-2009, 04:24 PM
timmay77 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by erik@sachssport.com
I am interested in this for the future (warmer months) sorry I missed it earlier!

I, along with help from other members on the M5board, plan on putting together a North American meet May 21, 22, and 23, 2010 in Columbus Ohio.

Almost against my will, we have dubbed it "Timmayfest".

My goal is to have a record setting gathering of M5's. (aside form Mfest) But of course, all makes and models of BMW's are invited to attend. The point of this meet is not only to drool over all of the fine automobiles there, but to finally meet the people behind the screen names. I have put together many local events, I just thought it would be fun to have a meet where EVERYONE could attend: USA, Mexico, Canada, even Europe if you guys feel like flying over the pond.

This is the plan so far:

Dates:

May 21, 22, and 23, 2010

361 Village Park Dr.
Powell, Ohio 43065

Events:

Friday 5/21 - Dinner for those who arrive Friday night, then a few frosty cold adult beverages at a pub?

Saturday 5/22 - Still in process: Meet around 12 noon at the venue, DJ, BBQ, oogle over cars, then an early evening cruise. We can determine what to do from there, but I am guessing most of our wives will not approve......

Sunday 5/23 - Depending on who is still around, meet for breakfast, then another cruise before bidding our friends farewell.

- I have set up a paypal account to accept donations very soon.

- I will contact some BMW corporations for support along with the BMWCCA.

- I will personally arrange transport if needed for those who wish to fly into Columbus, CMH, to be sure no one is left out.

- Caravans are highly recommended. I did this last year when heading to Atlanta for 4ngiefest. The caravan was almost as much fun as the meet.

UPDATE:

We have a mobile dyno lined up to show and do dyno tunes on cars (for a fee) and do dyno runs on cars (for a fee). The owner of the shop has agreed to dyno tune my car as a trial run, as he has not done an E39 M5 for a while. I can then report my gains so people know what to expect. The shop is called Eurocharged out of Chicago. I am heading out there in February to have the car tuned.

Marcus, (m5moving) has invited a few MB AMG's to come to help with the costs of getting the moblie dyno guy there. He wouldn't come unless he had some PAID dyno tunes. Marcus arragned more than enough to have Eurocharged show up, so it is a plus for us.

I have lined up a mobile detailer for car washes and what not.....

I have a DJ lined up, ready to go.

I have the BBQ lined up ready to go.

UPDATE:

These 2 hotels are right beside each other near the OSU campus off of 315.

Fairfield Inn and Suites Columbus OSU
3031 Olentangy River Road
Columbus, Ohio 43202 USA
Phone: 1-614-267-1111
-about $135 a night

Varsity Inn OSU North
3246 Olentangy River Rd
Columbus, OH 43202
614-267-4646
-about $65 a night

These 2 hotels are on the outer loop, 270, on the West side of town, easily accessible, just off the highway.

Homewood Suites by Hilton
3841 Park Mill Run Drive
Hilliard, OH 43026
614-529-4100
-about $99 for a King single (nice hotel, I have stayed there)

Comfort Suites Hilliard
3831 Park Mill Run Drive
Hilliard OH 43026
614-529-8118
-about $75 a night

UPDATE:

Marcus got a hold of me tonight to inform me that Eurocharged has GRACIOUSLY offered to "raffle off" a free dyno tune with all of the proceeds of the raffle going to the charity we are donating to. I will be selling raffle tickets as soon as I figure out how I am going to do it. Stay tuned.....

PLEASE give me some info/help/ideas.

Here is the list so far over on the M5board:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/usa...mbus-ohio.html

I am going to start a new thread with this info for everyone......

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-25-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Dreamliner is infamous around these parts
I'm in Columbus right now and may drop by with my E46 M3. I'll check back as the date approaches. Thanks Timmay!