Mpls/St. Paul area: Who do you trust to change tires on your nice wheels?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 11:14 AM
JonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to behold
Mpls/St. Paul area: Who do you trust to change tires on your nice wheels?

Question for you MSP area P-car owners. Who in the area do you trust to change the tires on your best wheels without scratching them? I don't much care on my truck or my Highlander, but suggestion for my P-car wheels (Champions) would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited by JonC4S; 11-30-2009 at 04:24 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:37 AM
HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !HIRISC Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JonC4S
Question for you MSP area P-car owners. Who in the area do you trust to change the tires on your best wheels without scratching them? I don't much care on my truck or my Highlander, but suggestion for my P-car wheels (Champions) would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Samaritan Tire - In Minnetonka off of 169/Minnetonka Blvd.

The only place in town (it seems) that understands how to care for someone's wheels. Trust me, I've had a couple of sets butchered by other non-professionals.

http://www.samaritantire.com/
Phone: (952) 232-5080

Talk with Chris - the owner.

FWIW, he will match tire rack pricing (including the non-tax).

Old 11-30-2009, 10:20 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Costco in Eden Prairie if you buy tires from them. But they can not match tire rack pricing. Good to know about Samaritan Tire.

I have had several sets done on 12" stock and 13" race rims. Never an issue - never a scratch.

I know they have done some viper, corvettes, porsches, and ford gt's including a set of $10k custom HRE's

Old 11-30-2009, 04:19 PM
JonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to beholdJonC4S is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys! Samaritan sounds great. Good to know about the price match too. I need to PS2s for my car, and looking at $400+ each!

Old 12-10-2009, 09:02 AM
SKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to allSKYKING is a name known to all
All J's Tire Service at 50th and Xerxes So. 612-927-7981
Ask for Jim, the owner.
The do alot of tire work for Audi, Porsche, BMW and Mercedes dealers.
The best part is, they store the tires for you in the off season, summer tires in winter and winter tires in summer.

Old 12-13-2009, 02:24 PM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Another vote for Samaritan.

I was supposed to do the summer-winter wheels swap last week and couldn't make it out of the driveway on PS2's. So, what they did... they brought wheels and tires to my place and swapped them in my garage. Excellent business to work with!

Old 12-17-2009, 05:17 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
I've been really happy with the pricing and service at Discount Tire in EP. They just replaced the tires on my Crossfire and I saw a few Range Rovers and an S55 AMG they put snow tires on.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:54 PM
mnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant futuremnmatt has a brilliant future
Another vote for Samaritan Tire.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:34 AM
1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !
I have also dealt with Samaritan (as they are literally 2 minutes down the rd from me) but at the same time, i go to Discount Tire in Plymouth (494 and highway 6). My bud there hooks me up all the time but he just left for the military. I'll be going to Samaritan from now on...

Old 01-04-2010, 03:22 PM
zzzzzeke is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by alzilla300
I've been really happy with the pricing and service at Discount Tire in EP. They just replaced the tires on my Crossfire and I saw a few Range Rovers and an S55 AMG they put snow tires on.
Also had good experience with Discount Tire in EP. They installed winter tires on my RS4.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:50 PM
ktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to behold
no one even considered us ! we're a big sponser on Nordstern club and cars and coffee !

Old 01-06-2010, 08:50 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ktan
no one even considered us ! we're a big sponser on Nordstern club and cars and coffee !
Who are you?

Old 01-06-2010, 09:02 PM
1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !1BADBURB Is a GOD !
^^^ Eric
thats is KEvin Tan, owner of Imola Motorsports.

I have gone to Kevin as well for wheel balance on my benz. Him and his boys were awesome!!! they took EXTREME care when lifting my car, removing the wheels, etc... it was unfortunate for me that my rim was bent to holy hell but Kevin and crew did their best to balance the rim. i'd def go to him as well!!!

Kevin, side note... the front tire on that side of bent rim, was also messed up. the tire bulged out (blistered) like a 1.5 ft around the rim edge!!! im surprised the ***** still held air! i think either my bro or my dad hit something when they were driving the car...something big! also, they wrecked the underside of the front bumper, its missing a 2' chunk on that side as well... i'll be buying a front lip to cover up the damage. LOL

Aj

Old 01-06-2010, 09:26 PM
ktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to beholdktan is a splendid one to behold
Old 01-07-2010, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by ktan
Kevin -

I have heard nothing but good things about Imola and yourself.

I was kicking around the idea of getting an M5 before I picked up the GT2 and Luis Jr told me to give you a call.

Eric

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mpls/St. Paul area: Who do you trust to change tires on your nice wheels?