Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

The automotive/MINI world lost a great friend...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 09:00 PM
mr2gork is infamous around these parts
The automotive/MINI world lost a great friend...

I don't think anyone on this forum knows me, and that is fine as I'm quite the lurker. However I thought everyone should know that a friend and co-worker of three and a half years died unexpectedly on Tuesday. I don't want to bum anyone out, more so make others aware of his memory so that he will live on, and so people take a moment to be thankful for everything that they have, most importantly the gift of life and loved ones.

Glenn C. O'Gorman
Glenn C. O'Gorman, 32, of Kansas City, Mo., passed away suddenly on Tuesday, April 8, 2008, at the St. Joseph Medical Center after suffering a severe stroke. Visitation will be held at Muehlebach Funeral Home, 6800 Troost Ave., Kansas City, Mo., on Friday, April 11, from 6-8 p.m., with a prayer service at 7 p.m. Mass of Christian burial will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, April 12, at St. Elizabeth Catholic Church, 75th and Main in Kansas City, Mo. Burial will follow the service at Mt. Olivet Cemetery. Glenn was born on March 31, 1976, in Kansas City, Mo. His family moved to Leawood, Kan., in 1984. He was a 1995 graduate of Blue Valley North High School. Glenn continued his education at JCCC, where he completed with honors the automotive technology curriculum. His lifelong love for cars inspired him in his career path. He was employed by Baron BMW as the lead technician on the Mini Cooper Team. Glenn had many hobbies, but his true passion was auto restoration and collection, especially classic Mini Coopers and Volkswagens. He won many car club awards and was admired in that community for the quality of work he did. He also had a love for motorcycles and the outdoors. His kind heart, gentle sprit and giving nature gained him friends wherever he went. He will be greatly missed by all the people whose lives he has touched. He was preceded in death by his grandparents Norma and Firmin Hadaller, Robert and Mary O'Gorman, and his beloved uncle, Thomas McDowell. He leaves behind his adoring parents, Robert and Elaine O'Gorman of Leawood Kan., and the love of his life, Jessica Zimmer of Lawrence Kan., and her parents, Jerry and Mary Zimmer of Cape Girardeau, Mo. He is survived by his devoted brother and sister-in-law, Paul and Dayna O'Gorman and their children Hayden and Libbey of Olathe, Kan.; his aunt, Sister Margaret O'Gorman of St. Louis, Mo., and countless close friends and co-workers. As proof of his generous nature, Glenn expressed his wish to be an organ donor so he will live on by giving the gift of life to others. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests family and friends sign an organ donor card, or memorial contributions be made to Harvesters Community Food Network or The . (Arrangements by: Muehlebach Funeral Home, 816-444-2060, available at www.muehlebachchapel.com.)
Published in the Kansas City Star on 4/11/2008.

Last edited by mr2gork; 04-11-2008 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:17 PM
JT3
JT3 is infamous around these partsJT3 is infamous around these parts
Wow...he graduated when I did.

You just never know.

RIP

Old 04-13-2008, 04:00 PM
OneLastBreath is infamous around these parts
You live well and you pass away well and missed. =(