Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

Mini's with HRE's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Former Vendor
KevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to beholdKevinS4 is a splendid one to behold
Mini's with HRE's

Here are two Mini's with HRE wheels.

19" 545R with black centers

18" 840 in Brushed Finish

Old 05-16-2008, 11:46 AM
Jay Slay has a spectacular aura aboutJay Slay has a spectacular aura about

Nice..but in some cases, the HRE's are worth 25% of the car..

Old 05-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Akara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the roughAkara1 is a jewel in the rough
Do they have the Monoblock applications for Minis yet?

Old 05-16-2008, 02:34 PM
M3This has a spectacular aura aboutM3This has a spectacular aura aboutM3This has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Akara1
Do they have the Monoblock applications for Minis yet?
That would be sick ...

Old 05-16-2008, 02:44 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
i think those are too much for a Mini

Old 05-16-2008, 02:55 PM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Jay Slay

Nice..but in some cases, the HRE's are worth 25% of the car..
My first thought too, it's pretty pathetic to spend that much on a mini.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:06 PM
beaner is infamous around these parts
mr. pathetic chiming in here....let me start w/ a pic of my MINI w/ 447R HRE's.

i love my MINI and i'm a wheel junkie. i like nice wheels. my HRE's are for street use. for the track i have a set of SSR type C-RS for rains/intermediatees. i have two sets of custom Kodiak Racing wheels for my slicks. i have about $14k invested in wheels/tires for this car. i have also done serious mods to the rest of the car. New cobra seats w/ custom ostrich inserts, roll/harness bar, 6-pt harnesses are my latest endeavor. i could drive an M3 or 996 if i wanted. i like my MINI and want it to be unique and as nice as i can make it. i also pass cars on the track that cost more than 3X my car. meet me on the track and see my car before declaring that HRE's have no place on a MINI.

Old 05-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Jay Slay has a spectacular aura aboutJay Slay has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by beaner

i love my MINI and i'm a wheel junkie. i like nice wheels. my HRE's are for street use. for the track i have a set of SSR type C-RS for rains/intermediatees. i have two sets of custom Kodiak Racing wheels for my slicks. i have about $14k invested in wheels/tires for this car. i have also done serious mods to the rest of the car. New cobra seats w/ custom ostrich inserts, roll/harness bar, 6-pt harnesses are my latest endeavor. i could drive an M3 or 996 if i wanted. i like my MINI and want it to be unique and as nice as i can make it. i also pass cars on the track that cost more than 3X my car. meet me on the track and see my car before declaring that HRE's have no place on a MINI.

Taking a big defense on this one. I own a Mini too...08 Grey with the upgraded leather package..love it..just wouldn't spend that much on wheels for it..thats just me...i got it for the gas mileage...

Old 05-16-2008, 06:30 PM
Chris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud ofChris G has much to be proud of

Looks good. I've always liked Minis. I should take one out for a test drive sometime.

Old 05-16-2008, 08:22 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Looking good!

Old 05-16-2008, 08:48 PM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
I couldn't care less how fast you can drive your car on a track, my point remains that it's silly to spend that kind of money in relation to the value of the car.

Old 05-17-2008, 01:56 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
too each its own. Some say it dumb to spend money on gas? still i see more suv'd, big v8 on the road then gas saver. who really cares if you spend 10K on wheels and tires. If that makes you happy so be it. I really like hre's. I have had them on most of my cars. I'm thinkabout gettign some for my mini. C20 or something. With a nice finish. Can't make up my mine but the 840 look so nice.

Old 05-17-2008, 05:59 PM
Yoogene is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by LABrit
I couldn't care less how fast you can drive your car on a track, my point remains that it's silly to spend that kind of money in relation to the value of the car.
then why mod a car at all? it's all a hobby

Old 05-17-2008, 06:18 PM
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
I like em!....and i dont have a problem with HRE's on a Mini...or any car for that matter. If you like wheels - you like HRE's - and no matter the car they usually look good so there you have it.

Would i do it? Prally not....but it doesnt bother me

Old 05-18-2008, 01:57 AM
FreshBenz is infamous around these parts
no problem in havin HREs on a Mini, yes its a little odd...but hey when u see something like that it makes a statement about the owner of the car. they obviously have money to play with and are just enjoyin it

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mini's with HRE's