Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

Who are the most respected Mini tuners?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Absolute Motoring is infamous around these parts
Check out Palo Uber: http://www.paloubermini.com/

We have done some installs with there products and they are very high quality.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:26 PM
beaner is infamous around these parts
for real tuning, i would look at Lucky Dog Garage. http://www.luckydoggarage.com/

they seem to me to have the best handle on tuning the factory ecu vs. a piggy-back system. if enough others pony up, john from LDG, will be coming to so. fla. to dyno-tune several cars. i'll keep you posted as to how it all works out. fireballed tim and a guy named emil on the west coast also seem to have a good handle on things. i'm talking about real engine tuning, vs. bolting on aftermarket parts......

Old 07-10-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by sporters78
i do believe that Renntech does mini too
Renntech doesn't normally do MINIs. however, they have put together the sickest MINI that i have seen on the track. they installed a Mini Mania Stage 3+ kit on a friend of mines car. he is a great driver with much experience in his car, but he makes 997's look silly. he has detuned to about 235 whp in an effort to be more reliable. he is running in the super solo group w/ PBOC. there are no chumps in this run group.

Old 01-06-2008, 06:20 PM
i'd recommend Don Hollingshead at DMH Motorsports in NJ. He has worked to develop some of the nicest MINI parts available. i've spoken to him many times, but haven't taken the plunge. i'll be meeting him at Sebring in a couple of weeks where we will both be driving...

Old 01-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I think the guy that owns this company is a member of this board. I know when I pick up a MCS for the GF in the next few months I will deal with him.

http://www.altaminiperformance.com/

Old 01-06-2008, 06:32 PM
msb2tg996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Absolute Motoring
Check out Palo Uber: http://www.paloubermini.com/

We have done some installs with there products and they are very high quality.
I don't know what quality is for you but Palo ubers stuff should be at the bottom of anyones list, there are a few looong threads on Nam about this company, do a search. I wouldn't push their products if i were you.
Stay away from these guys, bad news.

Old 01-07-2008, 01:06 PM
TT/T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Cpais
Is there anyone in the NY area.
+1

I was wondering also

Old 01-07-2008, 01:29 PM
as in my previous post....DMH Motorsports. Don is located in the NYC area (actually NJ). he is a well respected MINI, BMW and Lotus tuner. Mixed opinions on NAM....people either love him or hate him. i do believe that he know his stuff....particularly with track-oriented cars.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:31 PM
ALTAADAM007 is infamous around these parts
What about me? :-)

Old 01-07-2008, 09:34 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ALTAADAM007
We have you down 2x in this thread alone. You are covered!

BTW: did your MCS at GP ever sell?

Old 01-07-2008, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by ALTAADAM007
it's a long way from portland to NY! although some of those parts have found there way to my car in florida.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:50 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Jan at RMW (revolution mini) is doing some great stuff, particularly his head work, tuning, custom header and exhaust, etc.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mkell
Jan at RMW (revolution mini) is doing some great stuff, particularly his head work, tuning, custom header and exhaust, etc.
I've been hearing this as well. Also heard he is in the final stages of a FI kit... can anyone validate that?

Old 01-08-2008, 03:55 PM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Jedidiah
I've been hearing this as well. Also heard he is in the final stages of a FI kit... can anyone validate that?
I'm not sure on the specifics as I haven't done my homework, but yes, he is finishing up a kit using a Rotrex (I think) blower.

Old 01-08-2008, 03:59 PM
Jedidiah is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mkell
I'm not sure on the specifics as I haven't done my homework, but yes, he is finishing up a kit using a Rotrex (I think) blower.
Thanks Matt. Love all this development going on for the Cooper S. 2008 should be a good year for Mini tuning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Who are the most respected Mini tuners?