New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

Mike from Orlando

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 08:28 AM
goodwin74 is infamous around these parts
Mike from Orlando

Good morning everyone. I'm Mike and I just signed up to get more insight on Porsche's (mainly Boxsters) from people that own them. I'm in the process of selling my 2011 GT500 and looking to get into a Porsche but don't know what all I should be on the look out for when shopping for one. I do know I will miss the horsepower I currently have since a 2013 Boxster is under 300hp and the S variant is under 350hp. I do feel that with the Boxster's light weight and wonderful steering/suspension, I won't feel too bad for putting my Shelby up for sale.

I also want to know about maintenance on these. Since they're mid engine I'm sure I will spend more on oil changes and other forms of maintenance than I do my my Shelby.

Any comments and/or ideas from you all would be worthwhile since I'm ready to pull the trigger on one any day now.

Old 11-20-2015, 12:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6 Speed, Mike! The Boxster is a great P car to purchase. If you're DIY savvy, it'll help you save money on maintenance needs. We have great tech articles and parts that can help you save. Good luck on your search and if you need anything be sure to let me know.

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST