Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

friend's GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
^ I don't see why the M3 is better looking than the GTR. Looks like a normal 3 series. 9 out of 10 chicks reckon that its just a 3 series with a body kit. I know, i've asked. 8 out of 10 chicks know a GTR when they see one. Asked which car looks better, all 10 says the GTR does. Asked which car looks 'faster' all 10 says the GTR does.
I tend to believe the opinion of chicks when it comes to subjective assessment of a car's looks. Chicks don't let bias effect their judgement as much as men do. A car to chicks is just a car.

BTW, they are split when it comes to the Porsches. Half reckon that Porsches look "cute". The other half think Porsches look like toads. Most of them couldn't tell the difference between a turbo and a base 911 - until you tell them about the side ducts.
They all reckon that Ferraris and Lamborghini look the best. No surprises there.

Last edited by Quacker; 12-04-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:07 AM
Banned
Synchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these partsSynchzilla is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Quacker
^ I don't see why the M3 is better looking than the GTR. Looks like a normal 3 series. 9 out of 10 chicks reckon that its just a 3 series with a body kit. I know, i've asked. 8 out of 10 chicks know a GTR when they see one. Asked which car looks better, all 10 says the GTR does. Asked which car looks 'faster' all 10 says the GTR does.
I tend to believe the opinion of chicks when it comes to subjective assessment of a car's looks. Chicks don't let bias effect their judgement as much as men do. A car to chicks is just a car.
I wasn't aware that was how we judged how good cars looked. As for it looking like a 3 series, the only similarities between it and the 3 coupe would be the tail lights. (Have you seen one in person?)

Clearly the girls you are talking to have poor taste in automobiles. I honestly don't see why cars that look like they are from the future are equated with looking faster. Honestly, the BMW is simply more tasteful. This is a concept many automakers fail to grasp.

Apologies for using "honestly" more times than I did articles (almost).

.....Honestly

Last edited by Synchzilla; 12-05-2008 at 01:12 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:57 AM
s4awd@yahoo.com is infamous around these parts
I have both. Here's my take that I posted elsewhere.

My lease on the 550i 6MT is at its end and after trying to commute in the GTR, I gave up and picked up my new daily d. Here's my take on the two.

GTR: Feels fast going slow. Feels insanely fast going fast. Just a lot of fun but a serious pain driving on imperfect roads. Almost miserable. Gut wrenching, neck snapping torque, is what this car is. Steering is great and the car is huge fun on twisty roads. No need to go to the track to have big fun.

M3: Feels slow going slow. Feels slow going fast. I have to keep pressing the M button to have any kind of fun. 550i feels faster because the torque is there. punching the throttle on the 550i is way more fun. The M3 has to be going before you feel much although I know I'm going fast, it doesn't feel like it. Steering wheel is too chunky and shifter throws too long. Longer than the 550i if you can believe it. But the ride is great. Steering is a little numb. This thing needs to be on the track to have fun.

To sum it up. I can't take the 550i to the track and can't commute in the GTR. The M3 can do both. If you can only have one, then the M3 is a great choice. If you can have two, then the GTR and the 550i 6MT sport pkg is the ultimate combo.

As for looks, the GTR blows the M3 out of the water in terms of presence. That doesn't mean the GTR actually looks better. The M3 is a sharp looking car but because of the GTR's size, angles, there's just more to look at which makes it stand out.

Old 12-05-2008, 10:40 AM
Banned
Quacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these partsQuacker is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Synchzilla
I wasn't aware that was how we judged how good cars looked. As for it looking like a 3 series, the only similarities between it and the 3 coupe would be the tail lights. (Have you seen one in person?)

Clearly the girls you are talking to have poor taste in automobiles. I honestly don't see why cars that look like they are from the future are equated with looking faster. Honestly, the BMW is simply more tasteful. This is a concept many automakers fail to grasp.

Apologies for using "honestly" more times than I did articles (almost).

.....Honestly
I have seen many M3's. From the older models to the recent ones, and to be honest, i never look twice at them. It doesn't look like a sports car to me - more like something a rich old guy or granny would drive to do the shopping with. Don't get me wrong, the M3 looks nice, but doesn't have that 'look at me' presence that the GTR has. And the girls i've chatted to agree.

Last edited by Quacker; 12-05-2008 at 10:43 AM.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:45 AM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
I have seen many M3's. From the older models to the recent ones, and to be honest, i never look twice at them. It doesn't look like a sports car to me - more like something a rich old guy or granny would drive to do the shopping with. Don't get me wrong, the M3 looks nice, but doesn't have that 'look at me' presence that the GTR has. And the girls i've chatted to agree.
See, the girls around here tend to lean towards the BMW. The Nissan does have a "look at me presence" but the general consensus (that I hear at least) is that it's a bad "look at me."

I just asked the girls I live with though...

And to say the M3 doesn't look like a sports car makes me wonder if we are looking at the same car...

Old 12-06-2008, 01:25 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by McDBrendan
See, the girls around here tend to lean towards the BMW. The Nissan does have a "look at me presence" but the general consensus (that I hear at least) is that it's a bad "look at me."

I just asked the girls I live with though...

And to say the M3 doesn't look like a sports car makes me wonder if we are looking at the same car...
Maybe it's cos the girls i've talked to are in their late teens/early twenties, and the ones you've asked are middle age?

Old 12-10-2008, 12:58 AM
RavS is infamous around these partsRavS is infamous around these parts
Maybe it's cos the girls i've talked to are in their late teens/early twenties, and the ones you've asked are middle age?
My vote is for the M3. It is a car that is more versatile than the GTR. At least it's tranny can hold up vs nissans. I've already bought a nissan only to have tranny problems, premature catalytic converter failure/butterfly valves coming loose. None of these items were addressed by nissan,

Old 12-10-2008, 01:32 PM
Milan is infamous around these partsMilan is infamous around these parts
Personally I'd rather have the M3 over the G35 with Maxima wheels

Old 02-10-2009, 11:07 PM
s2000_s4_996TT is infamous around these parts
Love the color

Old 02-13-2009, 07:13 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Milan
Personally I'd rather have the M3 over the G35 with Maxima wheels
g35?

is this a serious statement?

edit: i'm really curious as to what similarities you think there are between the g35 (v35 skyline coupe) /g37(v36 skyline coupe) and the gt-r (r35). is it the engine? transmission? interior? wheel size? which maxima has 20" forged aluminum rays wheels? i missed the option on the g35 that offered 15" rotors, 6 piston brembo fronts, and adjustable bilstein suspension...

please help, because i would have kept my g35 and just put maxima wheels on it.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 02-13-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-13-2009, 07:16 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !

BTW, they are split when it comes to the Porsches. Half reckon that Porsches look "cute". The other half think Porsches look like toads. Most of them couldn't tell the difference between a turbo and a base 911 - until you tell them about the side ducts.
They all reckon that Ferraris and Lamborghini look the best. No surprises there.
it's also similar that people can't tell the difference between a r34 skyline coupe, and a skyline gt-r. they think that all skylines are gt-r's.

it's about time the gt-r gets its own chassis.

Old 02-16-2009, 07:12 AM
nigelquest is infamous around these parts
Not a bad pair in the last pic