Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GTR and the warranty issue...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 03:51 PM
xxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these parts
GTR and the warranty issue...

It looks like you can't drive the GTR to the point where it posts those numbers it posts without harming your coverage under warranty. This basically states that you either drive like a ***** or you don't get covered. I wonder if they have an computer reader that can tell the dealer how it has been driven like the Lotus Elise?

http://www.mygtr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245

Old 09-04-2008, 04:47 PM
MCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to beholdMCM97 is a splendid one to behold
Performance Optimization Services...sounds like a POS.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:11 AM
AMG Insure is infamous around these parts
GTR warranty info

I don't know if it's bs or not but my local Nissan dealer mentioned at speeds in excess of 110mph will void the warranty ( non us cars) and that any mods including wheels will void the warranty.

Old 09-05-2008, 12:31 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
I was told by a friend who bought one that he had to sign a written acknowledgment that due to its design as a performance car that any rattles or mechanical noises during operation were inherent by design and that the buyer agreed they were not subject to warranty claims.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:31 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a bunch of sour grapes. Any mod to any car technically voids your warranty. Abuse is subjective, and going over the speed limit can be determined as abuse by any OEM. Nissan is not the only company playing this game. I know of several people who paid the price for tracking BMW's, Audi's and Pcars. At the end of the day, its your money and you should do what you want with it. But. lets not sit here and **** on Nissan for protecting themselves from a pretty obvious issue. We all know why people are buying GTR's and what they will do with them, we know what demographic they fall into and Nissan is just trying to make a buck. So I say, who cares unless you plan on buying one!
I can't even imagine how cheap these things will be 12 months from now on the used market.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:27 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
it will not hold up with the laws that are in place.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:44 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by HotRodGuy
it will not hold up with the laws that are in place.
Ditto. There is a thing called the "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act". I highly doubt these restrictions will fly in the U.S., assuming they are legitimate to begin with.

Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 AM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Have they sold them all or ??????

I got to ride in my friends and its a spectacular car especially when you hop out and see the Nissan badges. I was sure I wouldn't like it and am now very impressed.

Old 09-05-2008, 10:11 AM
xxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these partsxxForgedxx is infamous around these parts
I wonder how expensive that car will be to repair/maintain once out of warranty.

Old 09-05-2008, 04:14 PM
shakazulu12 is infamous around these partsshakazulu12 is infamous around these parts
I actually gave up my spot on my order over the concern about repairs etc. Plus being a first year design etc. I understand that Oil changes are 250ish, transmission and differential fluid changes are over a grand. Brake jobs are 6 grand. There are a bunch of "Perfomance" checkups you have to do. Nissan has some concerns about the longevity of the transmission already, which is why they put the verbiage in about abusing the car. A new tranny is 18k.

Granted, this is all hype at this point, as nobody has really had to service one yet, but it was enough to make me want to wait a year

Old 09-05-2008, 04:28 PM
paneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to beholdpaneraiwatches is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shakazulu12
I actually gave up my spot on my order over the concern about repairs etc. Plus being a first year design etc. I understand that Oil changes are 250ish, transmission and differential fluid changes are over a grand. Brake jobs are 6 grand. There are a bunch of "Perfomance" checkups you have to do. Nissan has some concerns about the longevity of the transmission already, which is why they put the verbiage in about abusing the car. A new tranny is 18k.

Granted, this is all hype at this point, as nobody has really had to service one yet, but it was enough to make me want to wait a year
I find it almost impossible to believe a brake job for a Nissan (GTR) is 6K

Old 09-05-2008, 04:42 PM
shakazulu12 is infamous around these partsshakazulu12 is infamous around these parts
Believe it, call your local dealership or check on the GTR forums. I had actually not asked about servicing costs at all for several months. Then decided to figure it out with the dealership, the numbers were pretty eye opening. The state the brakes should last 40k miles with "normal use" but who knows what that means.

Old 09-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Esquire is a name known to allEsquire is a name known to allEsquire is a name known to allEsquire is a name known to allEsquire is a name known to allEsquire is a name known to all
Originally Posted by trojanman
Ditto. There is a thing called the "Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act". I highly doubt these restrictions will fly in the U.S., assuming they are legitimate to begin with.
If there's nothing deceptive about it (i.e. it's written in English, bolded, has the appropriate title, and is easily found), MM won't kick in.

Just because a warranty seems inherently unfair, doesn't mean it won't be upheld in court or when challenged under MM.

Freedom of contract is a very powerful concept.

Old 09-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by paneraiwatches
I find it almost impossible to believe a brake job for a Nissan (GTR) is 6K

Think of how fast the car is, and what kind of braking set up it requires to stop it like it does. Then think of how much the ceramic brake option is on a new porsche boxster/911 etc. About $8,000 option. I'm sure it isn't cheap... maybe not $6,000 but possibly close. This is where the GTR fails hard. The upkeep and maintenance, where as I bet a damn C6 zO6 can easily make it through life reliable and without anything above and beyond basic stuff. Simple is better most of the time.

Old 09-08-2008, 08:02 AM
JZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond reputeJZRS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Esquire
If there's nothing deceptive about it (i.e. it's written in English, bolded, has the appropriate title, and is easily found), MM won't kick in.

Just because a warranty seems inherently unfair, doesn't mean it won't be upheld in court or when challenged under MM.

Freedom of contract is a very powerful concept.
Exactly and we saw the same thing with the E46 M3 and the Over-rev issue. I wish people would read fine print and make a decision before buying instead of pissing and moaning after the purchase.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GTR and the warranty issue...