Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Anyone here planning to do the AccessPort?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 02:39 AM
AndyZ is infamous around these parts
Anyone here planning to do the AccessPort?

Cobb Tuning did the whole Access Port deal with the GT-R they claim 70 horses and its completely reversible but I'm not sure if it would be totally invisible to any GT-R techs when you're getting the car serviced.

I thought it was cool so I about it a while ago.

Even though the warranty is touchy is there anyone here whos gonna throw caution to the wind and try this thing out?

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-20-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Streamlined is infamous around these parts
(psst, you might want to check Nagtroc, some already have it and you can read some first hand accounts and get info..)

Old 09-12-2008, 11:21 AM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts
I do not think that anyone would post a answer to this question for fear of ...

Old 09-12-2008, 08:33 PM
chrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to allchrisn is a name known to all
Originally Posted by prpsebuilt
I do not think that anyone would post a answer to this question for fear of ...
Seems like good product

Last edited by chrisn; 01-21-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:56 AM
omarm is infamous around these parts
A friend of mine has had this done locally and the car feels great. Havent been in a stock one to compare to though.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:22 AM
FikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond repute
I'm considering it.... how long does the cars computer hold driving data for? can we uninstall, drive for a week, then take it to the dealer?

Old 09-29-2008, 10:37 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
that's what i've heard... and i'm really close (within weeks) to getting this done.

i'm waiting for a baseline (dyno, 1/4 mile, and track times) to compare.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 09-29-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:58 AM
FikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond reputeFikseGTS has a reputation beyond repute
I'm hitting the drag strip in a couple weeks, then I'll do the 1000 mile performance optimization, then look into the access port, I will do before/after dynos....

Old 09-29-2008, 11:54 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FikseGTS
I'm hitting the drag strip in a couple weeks, then I'll do the 1000 mile performance optimization, then look into the access port, I will do before/after dynos....
wait a minute......... ......... ..............

you're going to the drag strip, and then getting your 1000 mile optimization?

aren't these backwards?

i love your motivation, but isn't the break-in period 1200 miles?

Old 09-30-2008, 06:17 AM
it will be at around 1000 miles when the strip opens.....

Originally Posted by jasperg35
wait a minute......... ......... ..............

you're going to the drag strip, and then getting your 1000 mile optimization?

aren't these backwards?

i love your motivation, but isn't the break-in period 1200 miles?

Old 09-30-2008, 08:24 AM
cool... good luck!!! post your times.

i'm looking to go this thursday.

(just to get a baseline)

i'm not dissillusioned about this car being a straight-line performer. i just want to see what it can do under acceleration before i take it to the track.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:16 PM
I've talked with other GTR owners with MANY more launches than that, lot's of BS rumors going around....

Originally Posted by MotorsportFan
The trannies aren't holding past 15 launches using launch control on average and they are $18k to replace.

Old 09-30-2008, 04:23 PM
thanks for all that research, I didn't ask for you to quote the manuals, I have them here...

again, let's see this "15 launch" tranny is done BS you mentioned, it's on the internet, it must be true, eh?

BTW, the break-in schedule consists of "recommendations", not following them doesn't void your warranty....

Considering that you're the guy who is going to drag race your car before you do the 1st performance optimization at 1000 miles when the break-in period (below 3500 rpm with less than half throttle for the first 300 miles and no rapid acceleration with full comfort mode for the first 1200 miles), I would heed your statements with total disbelief. I mean either you don't own a GT-R or you haven't even cracked open your owner's manual. Did your sales rep even tell you anything about the car? You can kiss your warranty goodbye if you track it.

This blackbox records everything from the first time the car is started. Even the new Maxima will tell you exactly when a CEL appeared. My rep told me that a customer who took his new Maxima in for service was told that it came on the xxx mile at a speed of 87 mph etc. That is the Maxima too. I bet the GT-R has a more sophisticated blackbox. So don't think that just unmarrying the Cobb AP and logging 50 or so miles is going to erase the altered boost pressure, a/f ratios, and ignition maps:

http://mygtr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245
You are too much. No seriously. You really make me

Last edited by FikseGTS; 09-30-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 04:32 PM
Black997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Considering that you're the guy who is going to drag race your car before you do the 1st performance optimization at 1000 miles when the break-in period (below 3500 rpm with less than half throttle for the first 300 miles and no rapid acceleration with full comfort mode for the first 1200 miles), I would heed your statements with total disbelief. I mean either you don't own a GT-R or you haven't even cracked open your owner's manual. Did your sales rep even tell you anything about the car? You can kiss your warranty goodbye if you track it.

This blackbox records everything from the first time the car is started. Even the new Maxima will tell you exactly when a CEL appeared. My rep told me that a customer who took his new Maxima in for service was told that it came on the xxx mile at a speed of 87 mph etc. That is the Maxima too. I bet the GT-R has a more sophisticated blackbox. So don't think that just unmarrying the Cobb AP and logging 50 or so miles is going to erase the altered boost pressure, a/f ratios, and ignition maps:

http://mygtr.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245
You are too much. No seriously. You really make me
hey Einstien you really make me!!! sounds like you either designed the GT-R or have read other peoples BS on forums and believe it to be true.

Old 09-30-2008, 07:07 PM
I mean either you don't own a GT-R or you haven't even cracked open your owner's manual. Did your sales rep even tell you anything about the car? You can kiss your warranty goodbye if you track it.
i can tell, by this statement, that don't own a gt-r, or have ever cracked open the owner's manual, and if you did, your sales rep didn't tell you anything about the car...

he must be aware of this, as everything is clearly stated on a paper that he signed.

and the nissan dealerships are giving us the green flag to take into to the track... 1/4 or other.

i, personally, told my dealer i was going to take it to the track. they said, take pics, and show us your times.

when specifically asked if their would be any warranty implications in accordance with the warnings stated in the manuals about neglect or abuse, they said it was meant for the track, and we expect to be treated as such. but if i run that track event in emergency mode (vdc off), there might be issues if something breaks because of that. but obviously i don't plan on getting stuck, and attempting to 'rock' the vehicle which would require the vdc to be turned off in the first place, especially because the vdc on 'r' would net me the best lap times.

and who set this 15 launch number? this is news to me, as i'm aware of an individual who has the original transmission (2008 model) who has over 50 launches. maybe his transmission was defective and won't break????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.