Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GTR vs ZR1 vs GT2 vs 599

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 02:02 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
GTR vs ZR1 vs GT2 vs 599

hope not a repost

great article, comparing some amazing cars.

not an outright victory for the GTR, but certainly a MORAL one, punching in basically the same weightclass as cars that cost many times more.

money no object, i'd have the 599 in a heartbeat though. wonder what the laptime would have been on intermediates ala MPSC's...

MotorTrend story HERE

Old 10-28-2008, 04:35 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I think that was a pretty fair assessment... And I'd take Didier Theys driving experience over Steve Millen any day... Millen was a great racer decades ago. I know several guys who have been on track with him and when an average "advanced" DE student is lapping better than your magazine test pilot, it's time to get a new test pilot.

The article pretty much reads as the reports from the latest Texas Mile 2K8 results. Several GTRs were in attendance and from what was reported, they couldn't sustain more than 166mph in the standing Mile.

Good read and I was impressed with the way the article was written.

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 10-28-2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:04 AM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
what to me was most impressive is the Ferrari's performance.

by far the most luxurious and exclusive and comfortable

it had the highest top speed in the test (though that's largely irrelevant, other than for bragging)

it was almost as quick as the GT2, and i think the 599 isn't on tires as sticky as the cups or the GTR's tires

and its the sexiest looking of the bunch!

of course its the most expensive, but as an overall package, its the one to have, IMO

(though reliability is always going to be a question mark i suppose)

Old 10-28-2008, 05:13 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
The expense of care and feeding of a Ferrari is why I went Porsche... The maintenance costs alone scared me away!

Although seeing the 599 up close and personal two weekends ago was BAD for my decision making!

Mike

Old 10-28-2008, 05:22 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
The expense of care and feeding of a Ferrari is why I went Porsche... The maintenance costs alone scared me away!

Although seeing the 599 up close and personal two weekends ago was BAD for my decision making!

Mike
i hear you brother... i sat in a 599 (only two of them in my country) a few months ago, and it made me go weak in the knees!

then i remember what happened to my friend's F430 not too long ago, when we were on a morning drive (sad video is HERE), and it reaffirms my decision to go German!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:12 AM
SpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura about
What issue is this from?

Old 10-28-2008, 03:25 PM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts
ZR1 is one mean sob. Crushes the competition. I would take the Ferrari however if I could afford it. Nissan did well. I was surprised at the 1/4 mile time for the GTR. I have yet to see a GTR turn low 11's. Goes to show what a good driver can do. BTW did they run the cars in the 1/4 ?

Old 10-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by SpeedLimit?
What issue is this from?
I'd also like to know.

Old 10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Jorgeassoc
I'd also like to know.
i believe its the latest one... Nov issue i guess?

Old 10-28-2008, 10:17 PM
pinoyamg is infamous around these parts
Smile

If this was a beauty pageant, ferrari would win hands down. But unfortunately, ferraris have had an otrocious history when it comes to reliability and self-destructing while parked. The nissan is another great attempt but falls short on the reliability curve, especially when launch control is used frequently. Nissan engineers will get it right, maybe with the vspec. The ZR1 is the true all around "supercar". Yeah its got plastic bits, and the interior is not so great, but what a performer. The gt2, what else can I say, its the gold standard for "relatively" affordable supercars. Its reliable, fast and exotic enough that you'll rarely see 4 different ones in the same day. Bottom line tho, is that each are "tools", all race cars in disguise. I'm just glad that there are varying cars at different budgets that can do the job right! For me, it'll be the ZR1. When the time comes that I'll be driving more than working, and have enough time to learn all the intricacies and technologies in the car that I could work on them myself, it'll definitely be the ferrari. Just my .02

Old 10-30-2008, 06:16 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Did Motortrend use the warranty voiding Launch Control feature in the Nissan GTR?

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qqyEjMTTito

Old 10-30-2008, 06:20 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Even shortshifting this ZR1 looked mighty mean.

ZR1 Goes 200+ MPH! - 2009 Corvette ZR1 Top Speed Run
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MxwZhWQYWcQ