Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

ZR1 vs GTR video

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:57 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
ZR1 vs GTR video

ZR1 is scary...

video HERE

Old 10-28-2008, 09:51 PM
pinoyamg is infamous around these parts
Hes, kamusta! Nice find. GTR and ZR1 are great cars and both posted phenominal performance numbers. Vspec should be a bit better and hopefully more reliable. Love how the video ended I doubt its any more scary than your rt12. Hows she running?

Last edited by pinoyamg; 10-28-2008 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:52 PM
hesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nicehesperus is just really nice
Originally Posted by pinoyamg
Hes, kamusta! Nice find. GTR and ZR1 are great cars and both posted phenominal performance numbers. Vspec should be a bit better and hopefully more reliable. Love how the video ended I doubt its any more scary than your rt12. Hows she running?
i dunno... the Ruf is AWD (though others are RWD)... so not quite as scary maybe!

running well enough i suppose... saw 350+kmh on the speedo not too long ago. not bad on our crappy kalabaw **** pump fuel!!!

Old 10-28-2008, 11:37 PM
350!.... highways must be much improved from when I remembered. Maybe those "pinoy gas additives" really do work! Who knows, you may just see a "kalabow" logo on the side of the ferrari f1

Old 10-28-2008, 11:57 PM
350!.... highways must be much improved from when I remembered. Maybe those "pinoy gas additives" really do work! Who knows, you may just see a "kalabow" logo on the side of the ferrari f1
hahaha! there's ONE highway where its possible anyway...!

Old 10-29-2008, 04:13 AM
Just out of curiosity, is the philippines supercar friendly? I mean, service, drivability, and security. You have an extensive list of rides... has service ever been an issue, particularly with the ruf?

Old 10-29-2008, 04:43 AM
Banned
Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !Speedshaq Is a GOD !
The zr1 really smoked the gtr at the end

Old 10-29-2008, 04:50 AM
Just out of curiosity, is the philippines supercar friendly? I mean, service, drivability, and security. You have an extensive list of rides... has service ever been an issue, particularly with the ruf?
for Porsche's, service is not a problem, as Porsche Philippines is ok with service and warranty support. in fact, Porsche Asia-Pacific has set-up a technical center here, so the Phils is supposed to eventually train people for deployment elsewhere in the region. They're not perfect, but they have full factory contact (i see guys from Germany regularly flying in to conduct training,) and most importantly again, there's that all important warranty support for cars purchased thru them.

for other exotics... you're out of luck. Ferrari Philippines doesn't sell new cars anymore, and can only service up to the Modena. There's no Lambo either. Lambo owners will get together and fly in someone from Lamborghini Singapore or Hong Kong or wherever, with tools and whatnot, pay his planefare and hotel accomodations for a few days, to work on their cars.

of course there are a number of local shops that will attempt repairs, especially on older cars... results may vary, depending on the nature of the problem.

our roads are crap... massive potholes that can put even SUV's out of commission! so you need to know road conditions ahead of time... traffic is awful too... so realistically, these are mostly Sunday morning cars. a few 911's are driven daily, but few and far between. Cayenne's of course are much more suitable for this.

the Ruf is still basically a Porsche... so for things like oil changes, brakes, etc, Porsche is happy to service it, given a good relationship with them

the one time there was an issue with the engine (turned out to be nothing but a loose cam angle sensor bracket,) Mr Ruf refused to let anyone else touch the engine, and promptly sent a mechanic over all the way from Pfaffenhausen to fix the car. the Ruf mechanic was in Manila for something like 4 days... and we didn't pay a cent for airfare, lodging or service. (ok, so i bought him a few drinks and generally showed him a good time while he was here )

How's THAT for service eh?

Old 10-29-2008, 05:48 AM
humveelat is infamous around these parts

lol...That's a great trademark logo.

O.T. : Hello mga kababayan!

Old 10-29-2008, 10:52 AM
AJN334 is infamous around these parts
Caption: Using launch control self distructs tansmission and is not recommended

Old 10-29-2008, 11:53 AM
JROW is infamous around these parts
Very cool vid.

The ending is awesome.

Old 10-29-2008, 12:20 PM
zosomoso is infamous around these parts
well no surprise there lol. im actually impressed with how well the gtr kept up despite its defecit of over 100hp and 500lbs of weight. call me biased though

nonetheless both are awesome cars in their own way. And obviously the ZR1 is the better preformer, maybe even best in the supercar class.

Last edited by zosomoso; 10-29-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Jorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant futureJorgeassoc has a brilliant future
Thats a no brainer.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:08 PM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts
Call me biased but for a couple grand I'll take a used z06 mod it and put down well over 600 hp for half the price. The 427 is a better motor than the zr1 and can take more abuse given the fact that it's NA. Heat soak will kill the zr1 lap after lap. Still an incredible machine from the factory.

Old 10-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Adismo is infamous around these parts
video no longer available

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ZR1 vs GTR video