Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Markups on GTRs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 12:41 PM
RepoMan is infamous around these parts
Do all your negotiating through the phone. Not sure of the updated pricing but you should just give them an offer and see what's what.

Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 PM
termsheet is infamous around these parts
Been making some calls. Pretty clear to me now that it really depends on the market. In big markets like CA, even though unemployment is really high and this is the epicenter of the housing implosion, the market is so big that there are still plenty of people with money so I'm less surprised that dealers are holding out. In some of the smaller markets dealers are finally starting to discount. I found a couple of dealers who will do $1500 off MSRP.

I also found a used one in Orange County on Craigslist listed at $71.5. The owner says he'll take $69K. The car has 1200 miles. He's had it listed for almost 2 months with no takers. Seems like the high bidders on the EBAY auctions for new ones are ending around $74 or $75K now. Of course these offers don't meet the reserve so they are relisted. For used ones with under 2500 miles the highest bids were $45K, $50K, $62, $68K and one outlier at $73K back in February. This tells me people are hesitant to buy one used or they would just rather pay the extra $10K for a new one.

I think by Q3 or Q4 when the millions of people who got laid off in the last 90 days start running low on savings then you'll easily see used ones in the sixties and maybe high $50's.

Old 03-13-2009, 04:18 PM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
With todays economy they would be stupid to have the same markup when first introduced. They wanted 20k above when I first started looking at them. Ended up with an 996tt for almost half the price.

Old 03-13-2009, 07:23 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
what car in demand doesn't start off with a mark-up?

when i was shopping for an r8, i was quoted $150k.

the new msrp is $83k for premium, $80k for base. (i didn't see it mentioned)

Old 03-13-2009, 10:40 PM
NSX_RR is just really niceNSX_RR is just really niceNSX_RR is just really niceNSX_RR is just really niceNSX_RR is just really nice
all the ones I seen are still well over sticker, well over

Old 03-14-2009, 01:25 AM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
I think the demand is still high and low MSRP cars are in low supply or gone. There will always be some owners that are in a money crunch and need to sell at a lower than market price but it seems dealers are still charging over MSRP though for in stock cars.

Now that 2010 prices have been announced at 79k base and 83k premium(roughly 3000-3500 increase over the 2009 price increased cars) Lets see how dealers are going to play with prices now. If inventory, production are low and demand is high then prices will hold and dealers will still play the mark up game

Old 03-14-2009, 08:46 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
if you're serious about getting a gt-r, checkout mygtr.com, or nagtroc.org.

there are always people popping up there that either work at gt-r dealers, or 'know a place' where they got theirs.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.