Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GT-R Transmission goes bye-bye

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 06:36 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
That's funny. I used to own a Boxster and drove the **** out of it for 3 years and had 0 issues. 50,000 miles later the car ran stronger than ever.
:> good one GTR guys going to die defending there car eheheheh

Old 12-30-2008, 07:30 AM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by yalmutawa
:> good one GTR guys going to die defending there car eheheheh
Pot...kettle. Or in this case, Porsche...GTR.

Old 12-30-2008, 07:53 AM
prpsebuilt is infamous around these parts
Seems like a'lot of GT-R threads are being recycled. Has anyone got something new ?

Old 12-30-2008, 11:40 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by prpsebuilt
Seems like a'lot of GT-R threads are being recycled. Has anyone got something new ?
We're working on getting JohnTurbo an upgraded gearset to help rebuild and strengthen his broken GTR transmission. Once the Aussies get back and Tokyo AutoSalon ends you can expect to see some more news.

Old 12-30-2008, 01:27 PM
bbvette00 is infamous around these parts
still a sick car

Old 12-30-2008, 04:54 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Hey,

I have delt with you guys before on my supra. I assume you know Gary your driver from up here in Huntsville. What goodies do you have for the GTR?

Originally Posted by onelove
We're working on getting JohnTurbo an upgraded gearset to help rebuild and strengthen his broken GTR transmission. Once the Aussies get back and Tokyo AutoSalon ends you can expect to see some more news.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:21 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kickhard
Hey,

I have delt with you guys before on my supra. I assume you know Gary your driver from up here in Huntsville. What goodies do you have for the GTR?
I of course know Gary I actually was one of the first people he spoke to at Titan many moons ago when his white Supra was bone stock, he drove it down to get a T78 package. The first of many long drives to FL that car has seen (as well as trips across country).

As far as the GTR, we have a small section on our website devoted to car (it can be linked off the front page of http://www.titanmotorsports.com . We are in the process of updating the entire site so unfortunately not everything is shown. If it's available for the GTR we have access to it, and if it's not and someone wants it to be we can likely get the resources to have anything needed produced. I'm sure in the next year or so we'll likely get our hands on one to build into a monster, until now I'm just helping JohnTurbo and the guys at Samurai Speed get the extra parts they need to get their car back together and keep the GTR record.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:37 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Thats cool. Yeah I remember many moons ago also when he had the Greddy T78 on there. He was the first out of about 3-4 supra owners here in town to make that magical step to single turbo. Gary is a good guy. I see him pretty often putt putting around in that monster here

I cant remember the name of the guy that does or did your aem tuning but he helped me out when he was up here with gary. My car had the horrible problem of stalling when coming to a stop which at that time was pretty common with aem tuned supras. Turned out a specific table hadnt been set which many tuners who claimed to know everything didnt do.

back to the GTR. I am still in the break-in stage(800miles) but when I get to 2000miles I will give you guys a shot

Originally Posted by onelove
I of course know Gary I actually was one of the first people he spoke to at Titan many moons ago when his white Supra was bone stock, he drove it down to get a T78 package. The first of many long drives to FL that car has seen (as well as trips across country).

As far as the GTR, we have a small section on our website devoted to car (it can be linked off the front page of http://www.titanmotorsports.com . We are in the process of updating the entire site so unfortunately not everything is shown. If it's available for the GTR we have access to it, and if it's not and someone wants it to be we can likely get the resources to have anything needed produced. I'm sure in the next year or so we'll likely get our hands on one to build into a monster, until now I'm just helping JohnTurbo and the guys at Samurai Speed get the extra parts they need to get their car back together and keep the GTR record.

Old 12-31-2008, 10:30 AM
speedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the roughspeedneed is a jewel in the rough
i liked my old R-33GTR...:-(

Old 12-31-2008, 05:21 PM
frog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 8speed
Very nice, so how come the GT-R fanboys aren't using this as a rebuttal?
We don't need to make a rebuttal, the GT-R does all the talking on its own :P

And why is Porsche ranked #1 by JD Power and Nissan 18th?

I hate the taste of crowj
And why is the GTR ranked higher in all recent COTY Articles/Comparissons

That's funny. I used to own a Boxster and drove the **** out of it for 3 years and had 0 issues. 50,000 miles later the car ran stronger than ever.
Cool, good for you, i had a Suzuki Swift and drove it stupidly hard and abused it for a long long time and had no issues, also had an old BMW and abused the crap out of it for years with no problem, that doesn't mean they are better cars than the GT-R, in fact it means nothing at all.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:33 PM
Banned
8speed is infamous around these parts
good point!

Old 12-31-2008, 07:49 PM
GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !GotBoost? Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by frog_a_lot

Cool, good for you, i had a Suzuki Swift and drove it stupidly hard and abused it for a long long time and had no issues, also had an old BMW and abused the crap out of it for years with no problem, that doesn't mean they are better cars than the GT-R, in fact it means nothing at all.
Excuse you Mr. Frog. Was I bashing any car on this post? I was merely stating a personal experience in rebuttal to Galactus stating that the Boxster engine was a POS. You have a problem with that? I never stated that the Boxster was a better car than the GTR. Get a life and grow up. You obviously are a GTR troll and fanboi.

I'm real sorry to hear that you had to drive a Suzuki.

Last edited by GotBoost?; 12-31-2008 at 08:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:55 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
tone it down everyone, please...or infractions will bring in the new year

Old 01-01-2009, 01:42 PM
frog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by GotBoost?
Excuse you Mr. Frog. Was I bashing any car on this post? I was merely stating a personal experience in rebuttal to Galactus stating that the Boxster engine was a POS. You have a problem with that? I never stated that the Boxster was a better car than the GTR. Get a life and grow up. You obviously are a GTR troll and fanboi.

I'm real sorry to hear that you had to drive a Suzuki.
Woah dude chill, i wasn't having a go at you or your car or anything, im not a troll or a fanboi, i love the GTR its an awesome car, but i also love Porsches they are both great cars, all i was stating was that people have good and bad experiences with cars and just because one person thrashes the car they own and it doesn't break it doesn't mean someone elses same car will behave the same. Don't take any of my comments pesonally, i guess its also hard to sense sarcasm and joking tone on a forum.

And old school swifts where the best Suzuki's ever made, was an awesome little car. Fairly quick for what it was as well.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:32 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by frog_a_lot

The GTR is a new car that has been out of reach for most people. All of a sudden it is availabile, all the hoopla will die down in a couple of years time.

Magazine testers have thus far ignored the GTR's reliability problems, how it stands up with long track use, and the faulse performance times (esp with LC).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT-R Transmission goes bye-bye