Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Porsche Owners - Chill out-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 12:58 PM
hhazrati is infamous around these parts
Porsche Owners - Chill out-

The last couple of days, I have looked on this forum (which I didn't even know existed) and the hatred and venom spewed forth by Porsche owners and GTR haters is very amusing. I have been a Porsche owner for 20 years, 9 different p-cars. I have been a 6speed member for 6+ years. Ok guys, CHILL OUT. Unless your family owns Porsche AG, and you are worried about your trust fund, don't be a hater! These are just cars. Nissan has made a great sports car (except for the trans. -joke). So what if Nissan makes them jump through hoops to keep the warranty. Porsche isn't much better, I know I dealt with them with the issues of tracking my 966TT and warranty.
The GTR is a nice sports car, one of several from different manufacturers. It beat out the997 TT AND 997GT2 on the track (in germany).
Kudos to the GTR. Can't we just get along.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:36 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Like ive said before, GTR lovers invaded this forum along with most automotive forums touting the GTR as the best and greatest. They also had very bad habit of putting down other cars i.e. putting down Porsche cars in a Porsche forum.

Old 01-01-2009, 03:38 PM
TRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of lightTRAKCAR is a glorious beacon of light
Different

Porsches and GTR's are just such different cars and both are very impressive in such diffrent ways. In August I got both my first Porsche and the GTR. You really can not compare the 2. Different excellent cars for different reasons.

In the end decided to sell the GTR, but I was extremely impressed with the GTR and it was a hard choice. If I drag raced or wanted a faster, better street car, I would have kept the GTR.

I never drag race and I track my car about 30 days a year and the GT3 seemed a better fit in terms of existing knowledge about what to use and what not to use and where to get it in terms of track parts. GT3 is lighter, more proven on track, less techy, more pure and the GTR was more profitable.

Also; It seem to be one of the few who thinks the GTR is beautiful, more exotic looking than the GT3 and it made my GT3 look dated.

Anyone dumping on either one is doing just that; Dumping..

Now the Spec V on the other hand.........

Old 01-01-2009, 04:57 PM
frog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Like ive said before, GTR lovers invaded this forum along with most automotive forums touting the GTR as the best and greatest. They also had very bad habit of putting down other cars i.e. putting down Porsche cars in a Porsche forum.
Except pretty much all the bagging and car bashing is being done by Porsche owners bagging the GTR or others bagging the GTR.

Old 01-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Brando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud ofBrando has much to be proud of
Cool

I'm "Chilled"........and my transmission works.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:49 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by hhazrati
The last couple of days, I have looked on this forum (which I didn't even know existed) and the hatred and venom spewed forth by Porsche owners and GTR haters is very amusing. I have been a Porsche owner for 20 years, 9 different p-cars. I have been a 6speed member for 6+ years. Ok guys, CHILL OUT. Unless your family owns Porsche AG, and you are worried about your trust fund, don't be a hater! These are just cars. Nissan has made a great sports car (except for the trans. -joke). So what if Nissan makes them jump through hoops to keep the warranty. Porsche isn't much better, I know I dealt with them with the issues of tracking my 966TT and warranty.
The GTR is a nice sports car, one of several from different manufacturers. It beat out the997 TT AND 997GT2 on the track (in germany).
Kudos to the GTR. Can't we just get along.
Ya the gtr beat out the 997 tt and the gt2 lmao... yeah .... read the whole story on the 997 section so you know next time before you speak ... oh also, my car can achieve its performance numbers with out having my warranty voided .

Old 01-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Banned
8speed is infamous around these parts
The reason is simple for all the GT-R stroking and overhyping IMO. The GT-R is an iconic sports car that has been around for decades and is an established member of sports car lore, but until now was never available in the states. If the 911 turbo on the other hand was never available in the states and out of nowhere was hyped and talked about with record breaking performance then released in the states, the same amount of hype and stroking would occur by fanboys everywhere! The GT-R stroking has little if anything to do with Nissan or the car itself, it's the fact that the car has such a huge fallowing and that it (until now) has never been attainable nor available for so many hears.

I agree with most of you in here, enough with the inane stroking and dissension. The GT-R is and will always be an iconic sports car as is the 911 (and other cars).....regardless of blown transmission and engine problems!

Stroke accordingly

Old 01-01-2009, 07:02 PM
McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !McDBrendan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 8speed
The GT-R stroking has little if anything to do with Nissan or the car itself, it's the fact that the car has such a huge fallowing and that it (until now) has never been attainable nor available for so many hears.
I disagree. A lot have been bashing on the GT-R for the transmission failures and that reason only. The comparison to a 911 didn't help the situation at all either... no one likes hearing something is better than what they have

I do agree that the GT-R is an extremely special car, and that the following Nissan has created is similar to, not the same as, the 911 following. I hate all the bashing that goes on too, but unfortunately, people always have to complain about something.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:00 PM
terrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the roughterrence is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Brando
I'm "Chilled"........and my transmission works.
So does mine in my GTR.

Old 01-01-2009, 11:59 PM
frog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the roughfrog_a_lot is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by unvmym3
Ya the gtr beat out the 997 tt and the gt2 lmao... yeah .... read the whole story on the 997 section so you know next time before you speak ... oh also, my car can achieve its performance numbers with out having my warranty voided .
And these are the type of comments that keep stupid "GTR vs the world" threads going and make you look like you are just bashing the GTR because its faster than you beloved Porsche's, although it is amusing that people whne bashing the GTR alwasy resort to comments like my car can achieve its performance numbers with out having my warranty voided.
We have heard it all before many times, its now just becoming a pointless stupid comment

Last edited by frog_a_lot; 01-02-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:03 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
no, but this is quickly becoming another pointless, stupid thread...civility please...

Old 01-02-2009, 12:30 AM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
I respect the GTR . I have a Japanese car out of my three (997tt/ 08 M3/07 Honda si) and had a Nissan (300zxtt) in 1990.

I considered the GtR as a step up replacement for the Honda at some future point . I am shaken by the customer service posts though . And yes .. it is part of the experience . I like reduced stress .

I got better Hp numbers out of my 997tt with mods (at 700) . I know I paid more and am ok with that .

I would miss the Porsche immensely if I got a Nissan .
The visa versa wouold not be the case for me.

I don't blame anyone who admires his car and that goes for both Porsche or Nissan owners .

That's all ok with me .

Last edited by yrralis1; 01-02-2009 at 12:33 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:23 AM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
I find the whole thing a bit amusing watching this as a relatively uninvested observer. I've driven both cars in question on track - which is probably more than 90% of the people arguing can say. All this 3rd party info being slug around is funny.

They are just cars - and no one here helped develop them. All they did was buy them. Only d-bags buy cars to impress others. Buy what you like and who cares what other people think. These arguements remind me of the Cartman fights on southpark. Everyone involved looks a little silly after a while...

Old 01-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
OMG what a joke. I have looked on the Porsche side of this site and have not seen near the hate that has come from certain members. Your comment is so funny. This is the GTR part of this site but I see you mostly here. What is wrong with posting about the GTR in this part of the site? GTR owners or fanboi's have not bashed the porsche here.

This probably will never stop. Might as well yank the GTR part of this site out!!

Originally Posted by monaroCountry

Old 01-02-2009, 10:42 AM
hhazrati is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by VSE Chuck
no, but this is quickly becoming another pointless, stupid thread...civility please...
sorry Chuck:

As OP I didn't intend this thread to be another cyber MMA. When I stumbled on this sub-forum, the hatred just really surprised me and as a long time Porsche owner, I had to comment. I think there is no further point to this thread and it needs to be locked.

If I only knew how, that would be nice.

Last edited by hhazrati; 01-02-2009 at 10:45 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche Owners - Chill out-