Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GTR v Cobra vid

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 06:13 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
There are two cars that I consider the american supra, one is the buick GN. The other has the same engine. Both are amazing.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:53 AM
revracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nicerevracer is just really nice
Originally Posted by Lateral G
They've already began to go that direction.....I remember back in 04 when they had be out for about a year and had really begun making a name for themselves around the streets. I was saying to myself, this is the gonna be the American Supra and they were only made for 2 years. I wanted one so bad, so I could throw a KB Blower on it and live the 600+whp life.

Like this video from one of the orignal guys, Predator03..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDCWX8Svt-0

Old 01-28-2009, 03:14 PM
Banned
8speed is infamous around these parts
This is nothing new....bone stock Z06 smokes godzilla all day every day and twice on Sunday so it should come as no surprise that a modded Cobra will do the same!

Old 01-28-2009, 04:04 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Well, the GTR guys will argue that their motors are designed to take huge power, so is the supra. But what happens when you put 600+ into a $5k motor? This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyA2O...eature=related

Old 01-29-2009, 01:57 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
i'm not sure of any gt-r owners that think it can make huge power...

just 600whp. that's about the high average for this car.

gt570kit, and cobb. nothing more

actuators, exhaust, and tune essentially.

exhaust and tune 500whp. proven.

Old 01-29-2009, 01:58 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Almo
Whatever you say. :/
... says the ignorant non-gtr owner.

on a stage 1 (conservative tune, without exhaust or anything) my car gained 25hp. and about 45lb-ft tq (100lb-ft for most of the range).

i can show you my dyno if you'd like. but you probably don't want to see it, because it's more fun living in ignorance, and spewing non-sense.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 01-29-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by USCCayman
I'm guessing the GTR voided his warranty.
lol! retarded statement...

please read up on one of your members here on this forum... launched, tuned, and still has a warranty...

for some reason gt-r owners have different information than non-gtr owners...

maybe we should start listening to everyone else, instead of reading manuals, talking to service departments, and experiencing for ourselves, so we can be as uneducated about a car we don't own, or never intend to own...

so what's this i hear about pdk transmissions breaking only a few weeks after it was released?

Old 01-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
... says the ignorant non-gtr owner.

on a stage 1 (conservative tune, without exhaust or anything) my car gained 25hp. and about 45lb-ft tq (100lb-ft for most of the range).

i can show you my dyno if you'd like. but you probably don't want to see it, because it's more fun living in ignorance, and spewing non-sense.

LOL, does the mighty GTR owner want a cookie?

Old 01-29-2009, 04:25 PM
nah... just want the ignorant people to not try to discredit information based on the fact that they don't like it.

there are some seriously ignorant people here. you appear to be one of them. i try to use facts. you appear to like speculation.

i believe my method has more credibility than yours...

but, you can feel free to disagree with me. that is the beauty of forums.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:15 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
nah... just want the ignorant people to not try to discredit information based on the fact that they don't like it.

there are some seriously ignorant people here. you appear to be one of them. i try to use facts. you appear to like speculation.

i believe my method has more credibility than yours...

but, you can feel free to disagree with me. that is the beauty of forums.
I believe you are the ignorant one as I haven't speculated nor have I spewed non-sense. Care to enlighten to how I did so ol mighty one?

Last edited by Almo; 01-29-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:56 PM
you personally haven't spewed nonsense, but there sure is a ton going on over here about sh*t that these members know nothing about...

as far as you - if you refer to my post #36, where i referred to you making the comment 'whatever you say', and then my response to you (which you quoted, just reread that first line, i don't know why you are asking me to do this again).

someone said they can make gains... why discredit the claim? what possible basis to you possibly have to disagree? tuned a lot of gt-r's have you?

these comments do nothing to drive the enthusiasm of members trying to gain knowledge. and the warranty crap - nonsense (the other posts i quoted). let's stick to reality.

in a few days/weeks all of the gt-r owners will be launching the hell out of their cars in vdc-r mode. without any possible warranty implications...

Old 01-29-2009, 07:23 PM
For the record and regarding my whatever statement, it was in reference to the first portion of the one post. Not about what the GTR could do with a tune , this and that.

you personally haven't spewed nonsense, but there sure is a ton going on over here about sh*t that these members know nothing about...

as far as you - if you refer to my post #36, where i referred to you making the comment 'whatever you say', and then my response to you (which you quoted, just reread that first line, i don't know why you are asking me to do this again).

someone said they can make gains... why discredit the claim? what possible basis to you possibly have to disagree? tuned a lot of gt-r's have you?

these comments do nothing to drive the enthusiasm of members trying to gain knowledge. and the warranty crap - nonsense (the other posts i quoted). let's stick to reality.

in a few days/weeks all of the gt-r owners will be launching the hell out of their cars in vdc-r mode. without any possible warranty implications...

Old 01-29-2009, 07:34 PM
bruceinmiami is infamous around these parts
i'm sure the GTR will put down crazy 1000+ hp given a couple of years of tuning in the aftermarket. lesser cars do so already, after all.

the cobra just can do this a bit easier given the original package specifications (large engine built for heavy boost from the factory, uncomplicated ecu tuning, and put down by a bulletproof drivetrain.

Old 01-29-2009, 07:37 PM
almo - then please forgive my hostility... it's just that slamming the gt-r has become the norm on this board... i get it. not everybody likes it. it's not for everybody. what i dislike is the perpetuation of rumors/myths/lies/misinformation. but more than that, i dislike the treatment of people who actually just want to have a discussion, and then get slammed/discredited for it.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 01-29-2009 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by bruceinmiami
i'm sure the GTR will put down crazy 1000+ hp given a couple of years of tuning in the aftermarket. lesser cars do so already, after all.

the cobra just can do this a bit easier given the original package specifications (large engine built for heavy boost from the factory, uncomplicated ecu tuning, and put down by a bulletproof drivetrain.
there are some high hp gt-r's right now (around 700hp). and this is getting higher, as the turbos are being reworked, the tuners understand the engine, the benefit of wastegate actuator upgrades, and additions like that. my concern then becomes - what is too much? before the next weakest part gets affected, i.e. plasma lining, transaxle, etc...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.