Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

HKS Resignated Mid Pipe - ON SALE NOW!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Banned
Eugene@SPE is infamous around these parts
HKS Resignated Mid Pipe - ON SALE NOW!

SP Engineering will receive HKS's resonated mid pipe towards the end of January. We currently have 2 available for preorders!

PM or Call to place your orders!

Eugene @ SP Engineering

Last edited by Eugene@SPE; 01-13-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-06-2009, 10:11 PM
xmugenxdc5x is infamous around these parts
bump for SP

Old 02-13-2009, 07:49 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
this has become my favorite mid-pipe so far.

i think there is one left - gtm.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:17 PM
nsavastano is infamous around these partsnsavastano is infamous around these parts
mid-pipe

What is the price for the mid-pipe?
Thanks
p.s. in general what can you expect from this alone from a performance and sound point of view and how difficult is it to install?

Old 02-21-2009, 07:23 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
you can expect a 20-30 hp and tq increase... this is due to the removal of the secondary cats and allows for about a 2psi increase.

everyone that gets any sort of y-pipe reports of stronger pulls, due to the increased boost. i'm still holding out until all the y-pipes are done. but this one is getting the best reviews so far.

as far as price, i forget about this one specifically, but they usually range from $600-$900.

Old 02-22-2009, 10:34 AM
Black997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
you can expect a 20-30 hp and tq increase... this is due to the removal of the secondary cats and allows for about a 2psi increase.

everyone that gets any sort of y-pipe reports of stronger pulls, due to the increased boost. i'm still holding out until all the y-pipes are done. but this one is getting the best reviews so far.

as far as price, i forget about this one specifically, but they usually range from $600-$900.
how do you gain 2psi of boost from a loss in back pressure I can't wait to hear this explanation.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:42 AM
didn't think it needed explaining.

it's a fact. i'm not here to give classes...

if you don't own a gt-r, then i guess you don't really care. if you owned one, you'd know this already.

Old 02-22-2009, 01:15 PM
jsbkg is infamous around these parts
Hi jaspergtr,
I see you everywhere, lolz I'm debating on few Y pipes. HKS Resignated Mid Pipe is one of them, too.

Old 02-23-2009, 11:16 AM
Black997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the roughBlack997Turbo is a jewel in the rough
didn't think it needed explaining.

it's a fact. i'm not here to give classes...

if you don't own a gt-r, then i guess you don't really care. if you owned one, you'd know this already.
It does need explaining because you are making a claim that does not seem possible
I do own a GT-R and I do have this mid-pipe in my car. I do not already know this information so could you please explain it to me?
Would you like pictures of it?

Last edited by Black997Turbo; 02-24-2009 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:09 PM
jasper where are you I want a response

Old 02-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Originally Posted by jsbkg
Hi jaspergtr,
I see you everywhere, lolz I'm debating on few Y pipes. HKS Resignated Mid Pipe is one of them, too.
lol! the hks legamax sounds heavenly. i make my rounds to disspell some of the myths. i found this site because of the wife's interest in 911's.
Originally Posted by Black997Turbo
It does need explaining because you are making a claim that does not seem possible
I do own a GT-R and I do have this mid-pipe in my car. I do not already know this information so could you please explain it to me?
Would you like pictures of it?
no pics needed. not many people would claim to own a gt-r, if they don't have one. (except a few trolls on the gt-r sites). it is pretty simple,though. take the pipe off your car, and look at your boost gauge. you should peak somewhere around 11.5 and taper off around 10.5 -10.
if you put the y-pipe on, you should notice a spike around 13 - 13.5 (some report 14), and a taper off around 12 - 11.5.
Originally Posted by Black997Turbo
jasper where are you I want a response
lol! i was at vir with about 20 other gt-r's for the east coast gt-r event.

wish you joined us... had a few guys from up north (nj, maryland, etc...).

Old 02-24-2009, 06:40 PM
lol! the hks legamax sounds heavenly. i make my rounds to disspell some of the myths. i found this site because of the wife's interest in 911's.

no pics needed. not many people would claim to own a gt-r, if they don't have one. (except a few trolls on the gt-r sites). it is pretty simple,though. take the pipe off your car, and look at your boost gauge. you should peak somewhere around 11.5 and taper off around 10.5 -10.
if you put the y-pipe on, you should notice a spike around 13 - 13.5 (some report 14), and a taper off around 12 - 11.5.

lol! i was at vir with about 20 other gt-r's for the east coast gt-r event.

wish you joined us... had a few guys from up north (nj, maryland, etc...).
I understand people are saying they report increased boost but I don't think that is true. Because less backpressure equals less boost, unless they tuned them at the same time
I originally signed up for the VIR even but I didn't realize it was 7 hours from me and I knew it was going to be below 40 degrees at this time of the year so not much as much grip to be offered as when its 75 and rubber on the track

Old 02-24-2009, 07:11 PM
do you know mc? he can give you first hand knowledge.

what were your stock boost levels?

Old 02-25-2009, 12:26 PM
do you know mc? he can give you first hand knowledge.
So your just saying it because someone else did and you believed it? You don't know any actual reason why it would gain 2-3 psi? If your answer to both these questions is YES then back down now your wrong as I originally stated. If you want to continue to have this debate then explain why all other GTR midpipes don't have this boost gain or if they do explain why. Thanks for playing

Old 02-25-2009, 02:57 PM
you seem to be mistaken...

please don't assume.

i've seen this firsthand. i did not say that this was the only midpipe to give gains. please read. i'm all of the sudden doubting that you have this pipe on your gt-r. or else you would have almost the same results that every other person has, with almost every other y-pipe that eliminates the secondary cats...

if the turbo takes x% of exhaust gases, and that number increases as a whole, then x% also increases as a whole. come on, please use common sense. i thought you were kidding. even my 12 yr old knew this. you put bigger exhaust on turbo cars, you get gains. you reduce the obstruction, you pass more air. the more air you pass the more the turbos have to work with.

and i asked if knew mc, because he's pretty well-known within the community, and he and i have had many discussions about this.

do you know the diameter of the mid-pipe you supposedly have?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HKS Resignated Mid Pipe - ON SALE NOW!