Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

The tumbler is down!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 03:35 AM
ThEGrEaT1 is infamous around these parts
The tumbler is down!

So my pops went to take the GTR in to Glendale Nissan for the Reprogram and somehow they managed to fry the ECU or somethin of that matter basically car wont even start so they gotta sent the computer back to Japan but they said should take about a week...your thoughts this happen to anybody else??

Old 02-28-2009, 07:35 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
i would laugh, but this probably isn't funny to you.

dumbasses...

the tcm update has absolutely nothing to do with the ecu. guys have had their ecu's reflashed, and still not affected by the update.

imagine the fun he is going to have when he has to do something serious, like an oil change.

Old 02-28-2009, 08:41 AM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
I wonder how they would fry the ECU.... Short circuited it? They should just get one overnight and pop in. The fact that your car is out for a week for something that is not related to the job is ridiculous. I would make the complaint and never go back again.

Old 02-28-2009, 04:15 PM
So my pops told me that they told him that when they were doing the Reprogram their computer fried and when that happens and its hooked up to the car it fries the computer in the car. Needless to say my dad doesnt believe it so we'll see what happens

Old 03-01-2009, 01:10 AM
Vladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of lightVladcanada is a glorious beacon of light
sue them.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:42 PM
RepoMan is infamous around these parts
What kind of car did they give you to have you get around while the GTR is in the shop?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:57 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Sounds like BS. I hope they didnt mess something else up and are getting themselves a week to fix it by saying the ECU fried.

Old 03-10-2009, 11:31 PM
A G37 four door sedan

Old 03-11-2009, 07:11 PM
EV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the roughEV0LVE is a jewel in the rough
take the car back and bring it back when the parts come in. crazy as it sounds, i just wont trust anyone who fries an ecu. or take the car to another trusted dealer (if you have one) and have that dealer deal with the warranty.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:30 AM
mdy
mdy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Francesco
Sounds like BS. I hope they didnt mess something else up and are getting themselves a week to fix it by saying the ECU fried.
I agree. Sounds like they did something they don't want you to find out about. I had something similar happen when I took a car in for some warranty work and after several delays I found out they had shattered my windshield and were waiting for a replacement.

Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 AM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
I'm sure your average Nissan dealership lacks the technical ability to deal with such a hi-tech sports car.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !Vic55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JC919
I'm sure your average Nissan dealership lacks the technical ability to deal with such a hi-tech sports car.

Agree, is Glendale Nissan GT-R certified??

Old 03-13-2009, 04:14 PM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
Thank god for warrenties

Old 03-13-2009, 05:40 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JC919
+1. but this is why nissan does not allow nissan dealers to sell/fix gt-r's, unless they are gt-r certified. this is also why not all nissan dealers are gt-r authorized. it costs them money.

(hence markup)

Old 03-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by RepoMan
What kind of car did they give you to have you get around while the GTR is in the shop?
odd question.

it's stated in the manual, that if your car is turned in for anything (oil change, clutch adjustment, putting nitrogen in your tires, etc...), you must be given an opportunity for a loaner or free rental, to equal a nissan maxima or other premium level car.

does the type of car that you get while turning a car in determine whether or not you buy a vehicle?

how often do you plan on turning your car in?