Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Production Base GT-R to hit 7:24 at the Nurburgring in April 09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 07:32 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Why are you GTR guys so sensitive, I was honestly talking about cars like the Enzo Cars that perform on a level where they should need proprietary fluid and ridiculous service costs.

Yeah right!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 08:11 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
How did we get on drag racing?

Mag racers? And how many laps do you have at DE's again? I'm pretty sure you are a noob.

Originally Posted by jaspergtr
please don't assume that i 'bought' into anything... i ordered my car way before i heard of any of this bs that is being discussed by you mag racers here. i'm too busy enjoying my car on tracks, and getting my solid 11.4's all day on my 425hp/436tq gt-r.

i'd like to see how this works out for you, but i've got an 11.2 i'm trying to get with a good launch.

let me know what cars i can't beat in stock form, because the car weighs almost 400lbs... because i'll be on the strip beating z06's (which i have, quite a few times).

i know a shelby gt500 that has about 425whp, but can't break into the 11's...

what is the hp/weight of a gto, or the new challenger srt-8? (i really don't know this)

Old 03-19-2009, 04:34 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
How did we get on drag racing?

Mag racers? And how many laps do you have at DE's again? I'm pretty sure you are a noob.
yup, i'm a noob at de's... and we got on drag racing, because you pretty much had the same position when i mentioned about a person i knew who ran 11.7's all day. well now that i've beaten that time consistently and repeatedly, i'm just finding ways that you've been incorrect about your assumptions of advertised times vs practical times.

i've only run about 100 laps around vir, and this noob after one event can run less than 2:10 at vir in a stock car.

i don't give a crap about what somebody else can do/not do in my car. i know what i can do in it. you do not appear to know what the gt-r is capable of first hand... so you read magazines (paper or online) to find out what others are doing - mag racing.

i know i can do 11.4's in the 1/4 stock.

i know i can run 2:10-15's all day around vir.

what can you do in the gt-r? or do you need a magazine to tell you?

sorry, man... obviously you know i'm just giving you a hard time. but your position is entertaining.

i've mentioned this on another forum as well (there is a great discussion going on with on of the authors/reviewers), but suzuki ran over 2000 laps over 5 years, and had one great lap. i don't think he could repeat it within the next 500 laps.

hell, even michael shumacher would put down a qualifying lap, and then run better during the race - sometimes 3 - 4secs quicker, after only 50-70 laps or so around a 3 mile track.

now imagine that he is running on a single 13 mile track with one car for 4 years. you think it's possible he could improve 25 secs on one lap after thousands of laps?

i think the guy who ran the viper acr would lower his/her time even more if he/she had the same amount of seat time as suzuki.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:00 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
There is no such thing as a Production car ring record

SO we are essentially arguing about something that Nissan hyped/ made up for there marketing.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
There is no such thing as a Production car ring record

SO we are essentially arguing about something that Nissan hyped/ made up for there marketing.

This is really stupid because none of us would be able to run those times posted. I could care less what any of them ran in the ring. They are all just indicators of how a car and driver perform together. It would take countless hours and runs to acheive a best time for any of the cars/drivers.
The ring this the ring that the ringer won So what!!!!

Old 03-19-2009, 05:22 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I have ran mine in 6:22 seconds and I consider it a production car, I did the timing and I verified my own record.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:11 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kickhard
This is really stupid because none of us would be able to run those times posted. I could care less what any of them ran in the ring. They are all just indicators of how a car and driver perform together. It would take countless hours and runs to acheive a best time for any of the cars/drivers.
The ring this the ring that the ringer won So what!!!!
exactly...

Old 03-19-2009, 06:27 PM
th3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of lightth3Stig is a glorious beacon of light
so besides myself, jasper and kickhard and a few other members of the forum.... NONE of you know how the car actually handles or drives except for the 5 minute rides you got, or the videos you've watched on youTube.
No wonder the number of intelligent posts/blogs overall on the internet dwindle everyday...

Old 03-19-2009, 06:42 PM
Exactly, welcome to the internet

I also hear alot of spouting off about how the GTR is better than certain cars, that GTR owners have never driven.

Old 03-19-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by th3Stig
so besides myself, jasper and kickhard and a few other members of the forum.... NONE of you know how the car actually handles or drives except for the 5 minute rides you got, or the videos you've watched on youTube.
No wonder the number of intelligent posts/blogs overall on the internet dwindle everyday...
How do you compare the cars, since your one of the very few that has driven the GTR and the Z06?

Old 03-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Most of the people spouting off the ring times good or bad in this forum have either studied what everyone has said about it good or bad on the internet and never really experienced a GTR for what it is. And that is great car for the money.

That being said I have mad love and respect for all the fast movers no matter how they achieve it

Again I would really like to know germeezy1,heavychevy,(add all the other people mad at nissan) have you ever sat in one, got behind the wheel of one, drove one, drove one fast? It would be like me saying how bad a CGT is because I read on the internet guys where losing control of it at speed and killing themselves even though I have never experienced one in the flesh.(now i know the CGT is a awesome car so dont think that) or................

Have we all been sitting behind our keyboards going to every site google pulls up to study a GTR?

Old 03-19-2009, 07:08 PM
i think germeezy has one too.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:30 PM
No I don't have one, and if you look at my posts I never comment how they drive. I do know how an R34, and R32 drives from my time of almost buying one from Motorex.

I know a few guys with them, so I will make it a point in the next few weeks to at least get a ride in one. My posts are simply about the bogus ring times and Nissan's past history. I did not like the GTR at first but after I actually saw one in person, especially on flat black I forged wheels I really like them.

That being said, no one denies the GTR isn't an amazing value for its performance. I have an issue with the car being treated like the 2nd coming of Christ however, and I have a problem with the blatant fanboi's.

I respect the people who own one because they put their money where their mouth is. I hear the same stupid lies about how bad Corvettes are, but I know what is true and not true about the cars. I also put my money where my mouth is. ( I voted with my pocketbook )

Old 03-19-2009, 07:41 PM
No I don't have one, and if you look at my posts I never comment how they drive. I do know how an R34, and R32 drives from my time of almost buying one from Motorex.

I know a few guys with them, so I will make it a point in the next few weeks to at least get a ride in one. My posts are simply about the bogus ring times and Nissan's past history. I did not like the GTR at first but after I actually saw one in person, especially on flat black I forged wheels I really like them.

That being said, no one denies the GTR isn't an amazing value for its performance. I have an issue with the car being treated like the 2nd coming of Christ however, and I have a problem with the blatant fanboi's.

I respect the people who own one because they put their money where their mouth is. I hear the same stupid lies about how bad Corvettes are, but I know what is true and not true about the cars. I also put my money where my mouth is. ( I voted with my pocketbook )
Cool thanks for being honest. If you came close to buying a R32-34 then the 35 will just blow you away. Take the time to get a ride or drive one. If you were in my area I would gladly offer.

Well it being treated like the 2nd coming of christ is however the mags fault.

And true about people who lie about how bad a Corvette. They wouldnt make em if people didnt want em.

The cars sports cars on my list to buy last year was a ZO6,996tt,997tt,GT2,GTR. I drove them all before buying and came close to a 997tt but the only way I could have swung that was getting used so after eyeing a GTR for years and following its developement and touting of the coming of christ with it. I bit the bullet. I loved the ZO6 though, lots of value for the money too.

Old 03-19-2009, 07:56 PM
My car is modified some ways beyond a C6 Z06....

That being said Nissan still hasn't fixed the ride and weight issues, but the R35 is on a whole other level than the R34 V Spec was. I did hear a rumor that possibly someone may or may not be working for a dual clutch gearbox upgrade said to be able to handle big power.

So in that case, and with custom manifolds and more boost and more turbo....can you say Veyron killer?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Production Base GT-R to hit 7:24 at the Nurburgring in April 09