Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Production Base GT-R to hit 7:24 at the Nurburgring in April 09

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 10:28 PM
gp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to behold
Production Base GT-R to hit 7:24 at the Nurburgring in April 09

The recently updated Nissan GT-R (2009 JDM,EDM,ADM model year/2010 USDM model year) is returning to the ring in April and Tochio Suzuki anticipates some blistering times.

This new model year update features 3kW more power, revised suspension and revised tire compounds for both the Dunlop and Bridgestone run-flat street tires.

Of course all depends on the weather.

One can only imagine what the Spec-V will achieve.

Source: CarAdvice

Old 03-05-2009, 06:34 AM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
So they're going to test out the times of the updated version, but not release the times of the V-spec........brilliant. As hard as the original time was to believe I can't imagine the uproar the update would bring.

Old 03-05-2009, 02:46 PM
ACRJUD is infamous around these parts
How much more power is 3KW

Old 03-05-2009, 02:57 PM
gp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jpvarghese
So they're going to test out the times of the updated version, but not release the times of the V-spec........brilliant. As hard as the original time was to believe I can't imagine the uproar the update would bring.
From what's being said by Nissan it looks like this ring attempt is going to be a pretty major deal. At least two new models will set a ring time. The base GT-R as well as the Spec-V but I can only speculate over the Spec-V's lap time. It is also more than likely that the 370z will also set a lap time.

They will also take steps to help deal with the Porsche farce. It will probably be a press open event.

Old 03-06-2009, 03:12 PM
zosomoso is infamous around these parts
wow i am in deep anticipation for the results!

Old 03-06-2009, 04:41 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
I'm sure this test will result in a drama fest. I do look forward to the results though.

Old 03-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Gungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant futureGungriffin has a brilliant future
I would love for them to invite the press to inspect and view the cars durring the run. I think that things might be a little different then. Just my .02 though. Best of luck to them. I am sure HeavyChevy will be eagerly awaiting the times too

Old 03-07-2009, 10:52 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Gungriffin
I would love for them to invite the press to inspect and view the cars durring the run. I think that things might be a little different then. Just my .02 though. Best of luck to them. I am sure HeavyChevy will be eagerly awaiting the times too
Actually, I think HC could care less what the times are...he's just waiting to put the beat down on the GT-R fanboys.

Last edited by bbywu; 03-07-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-14-2009, 02:05 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
When they test a legitimately stock car that isn't 11 mph faster on the back straight than the test cars that everyone else gets, then I'll believe their ring times.

I'm surprised they have the nerve to even report times after being called out YET AGAIN.

When someone else hits 180 mph 2 times in a bone stock car and runs within 5-8 seconds of Suzuki without Nissan being present then I'll buy it. But those other cars had way more power than any stock vehicle. That's for sure.

And media days aren't going to prove jack unless the media are using GPS to monitor hp output levels and dynoing before and after the run. I belive the runs were made on factory tires, but the hp bit is the smoking gun.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:21 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
What is not under dispute is the VR38's excellent ability to produce power and handle more boost on stock turbo's.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:08 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
No matter what nissans does to try to show how legitimate the times are you will still have the ring haters that dont believe it. I dont care if they put these people in the car with a stop watch in each of their hands timing it along with real time monitoring of every aspect of the car (like boost) a ringer will still be called.

But I am glad Nissan is responding to the allegations and making an event out of it to show its times are respectable. If the times hold out I suspect the 2010 GTR will be just a tad quick not because of the extra 5 hp but because of the better tires and suspension. With SpecV honestly dont see that much of a better time than the regular GTR. Hopefully in April the weather and track will be good. Weather wise it is still border line winter/spring then

No one will own up to it if the GTR backs up the old ring times

Last edited by Kickhard; 03-14-2009 at 03:14 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:12 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kickhard
No matter what nissans does to try to show how legitimate the times are you will still have the ring haters that dont believe it. I dont care if they put these people in the car with a stop watch in each of their hands timing it a ringer will still be called.

But I am glad Nissan is responding to the allegations and making an event out of it to show its times are respectable. If the times hold out I suspect the 2010 GTR will be just a tad quick not because of the extra 5 hp but because of the better tires and suspension. With SpecV honestly dont see that much of a better time than the regular GTR. Hopefully in April the weather and track will be good. Weather wise it is still border line winter/spring then
It's not that I don't believe it, its that the ring time isn't true. Cars don't miracously pick up 11 mph on straightaways. Cars that weight 3900 lbs and have 480 hp also don't miracously have peak lap speeds as cars that weigh 3400 lbs and have 638 hp.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by germeezy1
It's not that I don't believe it, its that the ring time isn't true. Cars don't miracously pick up 11 mph on straightaways. Cars that weight 3900 lbs and have 480 hp also don't miracously have peak lap speeds as cars that weigh 3400 lbs and have 638 hp.
LOL There you go just like I said. This debate will never Miraculously get resolved even if Nissans new times in april tie or beat the previous one. It will always be another reason that the GTR cheated. The GTR has done some miraculous things for what it is already and I really dont know about the ring times but it has surprised alot of people all over the world on the race tracks.

Again in April the new times will again be called not true a farse, cheating etc...........

Last edited by Kickhard; 03-14-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:35 PM
People lie, Nissan lies...and has lied in the past about " Ring " times ...numbers however they don't lie ...and that is the beauty of Nissan allegations about Ring times.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:21 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
If you take a load of crap, then then come back with a bigger load of crap, does that somehow make the first load of crap anything other than load of crap?

Oh I'm sorry, I guess Chris Harris isn't a good enough driver to push the gas pedal far enough to get withing 11 mph of Suzuki on a straight.......................

When the people crying foul is pretty much EVERYONE, I don't see where you are coming from. Of course people are coing to say they cheated and lied, because it's obvious they did, and they've done it before then on a couple of occasions.

Originally Posted by Kickhard
LOL There you go just like I said. This debate will never Miraculously get resolved even if Nissans new times in april tie or beat the previous one. It will always be another reason that the GTR cheated. The GTR has done some miraculous things for what it is already and I really dont know about the ring times but it has surprised alot of people all over the world on the race tracks.

Again in April the new times will again be called not true a farse, cheating etc...........

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Production Base GT-R to hit 7:24 at the Nurburgring in April 09