Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

And I thought Porsche service was expensive...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 06:10 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
And I thought Porsche service was expensive...

$750 for 20K mile service in my 997TT, including brake flush, and service by a really attractive service manager...

I thought I was getting the shaft, but then I read this:

http://jalopnik.com/5191262/routine-...price-tag-2000

$115 a quart for tranny fluid?

Old 03-30-2009, 06:32 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
isn't the transmission a dual clutch? why does dual clutch tranny need 10 qts of fluid like an automatic?

i'd pay $5k for a clutch but not $2k for fluids.

20k service tranny interval is a joke right? that's almost F car-like in service.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:32 AM
RT8_M3 is infamous around these partsRT8_M3 is infamous around these parts
Thats pretty nuts.. I still can't justify paying that much for service at Nissan. It's a great car and all but....

Old 03-31-2009, 06:44 AM
jimmy is infamous around these partsjimmy is infamous around these parts
Nobody pays dealer prices,Same **** online for about 60.00 a qt. When a trans costs 20g the fluid will not be cheap!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:50 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jimmy
Nobody pays dealer prices,Same **** online for about 60.00 a qt. When a trans costs 20g the fluid will not be cheap!
So, they used 8 quarts at a discount of $84.24 a quart, total cost is $673.92 for tranny fluid alone.

8 quarts at your online price is $480, saving you $193.92.

So your 18K service cost is still $1815.75...

Old 03-31-2009, 01:08 PM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RT8_M3
Thats pretty nuts.. I still can't justify paying that much for service at Nissan. It's a great car and all but....
The brand should have no bearing on what price "should" be paid on advanced technology.

Old 03-31-2009, 01:14 PM
rseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud ofrseven has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jimmy
Unfortunately, people only raise this issue because its a Nissan and not a Ferrari. In those cases the excuse is usually just..."you gotta pay to play". But somehow this doesn't ring true simply because the car has a Nissan badge on it.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:59 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
wow...unbelieveable!

Old 04-01-2009, 12:54 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bbywu
So, they used 8 quarts at a discount of $84.24 a quart, total cost is $673.92 for tranny fluid alone.

8 quarts at your online price is $480, saving you $193.92.

So your 18K service cost is still $1815.75...
I have a GT-R and I follow the posts on Edmunds Inside line.

They overpaid on all fluids, parts and labor with the dealership they used.
$2k for the 18k mile service is too high! below is a simple analysis of pricing if they shopped.

1. GT-R tranny fluid can be bought for $57.48 a quart at the nismoshop.com. A savings of $230.00 for the 8 quarts needed!
2. GT-R differential fluid can be bought for $41.00 a quart. A savings of $63.00 for the 3 quarts needed.
3. Mobil one synth. oil for the GT-R can be bought for $7.00 a quart. They charged Edmunds 206.00 for an oil change. I paid $159.00 at my Nissan GT-R cert.dealer. Savings=47.00
4. They charged Edmunds $115.00 to install filters!?!?
come on, They could've of done that themselves.
GT-R air filters can be had for $27.00 each. Micro filters at only $33.00. So a savings of 70.00 on filters alone. plus doing it yourself would saved you a total of $185.00!!!!
So shopping around wouldve of saved Edmund's $525.00 easily. And possibly another $150 to $200.00 over excessive labor charges at Edmund's choice of dealership. Edmunds dealership looks to be charging between $115 to 150.00 an hour based on there post. My GT-R certified dealership charges $90.00 an hour.

$2000.00 less a conservative 650.00 for the smart GT-R owner!!! Now were looking at $1350.00 for the 18k mile service. Not so bad after all. Edmunds was looking to service the car without any concern of being smart budget conscious shoppers.

Anything about the GT-R causes wildfire controversy.

R

Last edited by rcalcaide; 04-01-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:46 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Might explain in part why you can find a shiny new GTR at about any ole Nissan store. The ones I drive by both have two.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:35 PM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
rcalcaide:

I wonder how that would affect your warranty if you don't service it at the dealer?

Old 04-01-2009, 09:20 PM
rcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud ofrcalcaide has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ekam
rcalcaide:

I wonder how that would affect your warranty if you don't service it at the dealer?
I am and will continue to service the car at a Nissan dealership as long as they are GT-R certified and have a GT-R master tech. This is required by Nissan for warranty work. All my price quotes listed above are for genuine GT-R fluids and labor provided by a GT-R certified tech. No way would I take a chance the way Nissan has scrutinized there Halo car.

But again, I still will shop for the best prices when it comes to parts and service.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by rcalcaide
I am and will continue to service the car at a Nissan dealership as long as they are GT-R certified and have a GT-R master tech. This is required by Nissan for warranty work. All my price quotes listed above are for genuine GT-R fluids and labor provided by a GT-R certified tech. No way would I take a chance the way Nissan has scrutinized there Halo car.

But again, I still will shop for the best prices when it comes to parts and service.
If you service the car yourself, your warranty is void?

Old 04-02-2009, 08:18 AM

I checked the warranty manual, and it doesnt state warranty is void if you service the car yourself. Im just not mechanically inclined to do so.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:10 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
no. it is only 'recommended'.

rcalcaide is right.

who gives a sh*t about 18000 mile service fees costing $1500 or $2000?

i just went through pads, rotors, and tires that total more than twice that before i hit 6000 miles.

are you guys pinching pennies that bad that the service costs on a gt-r are breaking you? you should be aware of this before you buy a car. that performance is going to cost money. perhaps you should invest in a lesser performing car. the maintenance will be cheaper.

compare gt-r and porsche brake job. similar?

how much does it cost a porsche with pdk for maintenance? i think that would be a fair comparison.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: And I thought Porsche service was expensive...