Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

r34's in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:36 PM
Psypher is infamous around these parts
In all reality dyogi817, if you want me to post the entire procedure as I understand it, I will. With that said, get ready for a BIG wall of text. It is extreamly complicated and California makes it even tougher compared to all other states. From what I know, kit cars are legal in 49 of the 50 states. Wanna guess what state it is illegal in...

Like I said, if you or anyone else wants me to post sites/threads/contacts/rules etc. about importing one, I will. Just remember that it is seriously WAY easier to buy one here already. Trust me man, I spent 2 years doing the research. It isnt worth it. Pay the extra money and get one here.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:52 AM
dyogi817 is infamous around these parts
ok ok so im getting it more and more now..its basically going through hell to import one here and legalizing it,, and my best choice is to find one already in the states.. so if i were to get one here is it just the money and im done or is there still things i need to do before i can actually drive it?.. and wen you say that its better to find one here do you mean specifically los angeles cali or would anywhere in the US be fine to get it?

Last edited by dyogi817; 04-15-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:43 AM
JesusFast is a jewel in the roughJesusFast is a jewel in the roughJesusFast is a jewel in the rough
good luck man, if you lived in a different state you would save so much money.

way to go man!!!!!! ha

Old 04-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by dyogi817
ok ok so im getting it more and more now..its basically going through hell to import one here and legalizing it,, and my best choice is to find one already in the states.. so if i were to get one here is it just the money and im done or is there still things i need to do before i can actually drive it?.. and wen you say that its better to find one here do you mean specifically los angeles cali or would anywhere in the US be fine to get it?
If its already legalized and registered in the US, the question to what else you will need to do to it all depends on CA laws and how the r34 was registered in the previous state. You need to see what the title reads.

Start browsing this site. Every once in a while an r34 will come up for sale.

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?act=idx

Old 04-15-2009, 09:41 PM
JesusFast is a jewel in the roughJesusFast is a jewel in the roughJesusFast is a jewel in the rough
mine is for sale

Old 04-16-2009, 04:32 AM
Francesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to beholdFrancesco is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JesusFast
mine is for sale
Where are you located? I've been looking for one myself, I just haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:03 AM
Old 04-17-2009, 01:30 PM
rmani is infamous around these partsrmani is infamous around these parts
i've been eying your car for a while but I just can't spend the money right now. R34s are more rare than murcielagos in my neighborhood I'd love to see the look on peoples' faces when they see one. I like the right hand drive too it's so cool just cause it's so unusual here.

Old 04-19-2009, 06:39 AM
Non of the pictures work.

Old 04-19-2009, 09:41 AM
here you go

Name:  DSC_0114.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  261.6 KB

Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 AM
Royalty is infamous around these parts
How much does a kit cost for the R34?

Old 05-01-2009, 11:40 AM
dyogi817 is infamous around these parts
Yea how much does a kit r34 cost? And how much for the drivetrain

Old 05-01-2009, 04:26 PM
danox574 is infamous around these parts
There is no kit, but a US-imported and remanufactured chassis from Kaizo starts at about $65,000 for an R34. They will tell you over the phone about availability and pricing on a per-unit basis based on what might be unique about it. In Japan a crate replacement R34 motor is about $5k (base, not the Nur drivetrain) and the 6speed Getrag is about $5k, so going used, you might pay less, but consider shipping on these items. You'd need a few more pieces. Don't ignore items like lights, for example, which are very expensive for this car -- anything that has an approval associated with DOT is usually not included. Your price varies on how 'right' you do it. Getting up and running is one thing, building an excellent example involves a lot of little parts you need to pay a lot of overseas shipping for. I think the prices are competitive with the grandfathered, bond-released Motorex cars at the end of the day (as long as they are available), if you're doing your own work. Paying a shop rate would be painful for the assembly work.

Last edited by danox574; 05-01-2009 at 04:27 PM. Reason: corrections