Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

r34's in Los Angeles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 03:00 AM
dyogi817 is infamous around these parts
r34's in Los Angeles

hey guys, this was probably asked a lot but im wondering on how i can get an r34 nissan skyline gtr imported to the US (Los Angeles specifically) i also wanted to know how much it is altogether with the car, importing it, making it legal, and all that stuff..plus i would probably also be heavily modding it so how would i be able to get parts for it too,, is all this even possible? please leme know thanks..

Old 04-06-2009, 08:08 AM
danox574 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dyogi817
hey guys, this was probably asked a lot but im wondering on how i can get an r34 nissan skyline gtr imported to the US (Los Angeles specifically) i also wanted to know how much it is altogether with the car, importing it, making it legal, and all that stuff..plus i would probably also be heavily modding it so how would i be able to get parts for it too,, is all this even possible? please leme know thanks..
You cannot currently legally import a R34 as an intact vehicle to the USA for street use. No Registered Importers can legalize the car at this time as it has been pulled from the non-compliant but eligible vehicles.

Current import information is here:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/

Old 04-08-2009, 10:22 PM
batman2 is infamous around these partsbatman2 is infamous around these parts

Old 04-09-2009, 02:24 PM
BoostedDub is infamous around these parts
You can import a Kaizo R34 though. It is basically a R34 unibody with interior, but no drivetrain. You can then buy the drivetrain from someone else and have it assembled here. Kinda like a kit car.

http://www.kaizoindustries.com/

Old 04-09-2009, 03:17 PM
danox574 is infamous around these parts
Anyone considering importing or buying a US made chassis like the Kaizo without drivetrain is well advised to very carefully read the NHTSA, DOT, and *especially* EPA documentation on car assembly. Most states are amicable to this car being registered, but registration and compliance are different issues.

I will not comment on where a Kaizo falls, but anyone who's going to spend $65,000+ for a R34 shell (and then more on the premium parts you'd like to finish it with) owes it to themselves to spend a significant amount of time researching the compliance law at the federal level and then deciding how to proceed.

Old 04-09-2009, 06:30 PM
DazZ is infamous around these parts
some Kaizo's for motivation:

Old 04-09-2009, 06:49 PM
huy
huy is infamous around these parts
theres a guy in Irvine with a Kazio R32. its no big deal, just gotta register it as a kit car. for CA, they only issue 500 EPA waivers per year for kit cars, though, so you basically have to wait in line to get one. most guys register out of state because its easier.

here's one for sale, located in LA, already done but its registered in Arizona. registering it here will likely be more difficult. http://www.focusautosales.com/catego...4-for-sale.php

Old 04-09-2009, 07:40 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
R34's are sex...

Old 04-09-2009, 09:26 PM
chuckrim has a spectacular aura aboutchuckrim has a spectacular aura aboutchuckrim has a spectacular aura about
My neighbor has a white r34 and black r35. My jaw drops each time I see them...

Old 04-09-2009, 10:08 PM
thanks for the help.. when i get the budget i think im gonna go for it..its been at the top of list for me for a while

Old 04-12-2009, 07:50 PM
yo amg destroyer, wheres your neighbor with the skyline from? does he live in cali?

Old 04-12-2009, 08:00 PM
JesusFast is a jewel in the roughJesusFast is a jewel in the roughJesusFast is a jewel in the rough
someone buy mine!

Old 04-12-2009, 09:11 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by huy
theres a guy in Irvine with a Kazio R32. its no big deal, just gotta register it as a kit car. for CA, they only issue 500 EPA waivers per year for kit cars, though, so you basically have to wait in line to get one. most guys register out of state because its easier.

here's one for sale, located in LA, already done but its registered in Arizona. registering it here will likely be more difficult. http://www.focusautosales.com/catego...4-for-sale.php
Blue R34, with those seats.... hum...is that one of the cars used in Fast and Furious?

Old 04-12-2009, 09:13 PM
dsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud ofdsu* has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by amg destroyer
My neighbor has a white r34 and black r35. My jaw drops each time I see them...
where do you live? Care to share some pictures? lol

Old 04-12-2009, 09:48 PM
the where do u live was just cus i was curious if he has his r34 legalized in the states and if so where in the states lol

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: r34's in Los Angeles