Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Base GT-R lobs 7:38 Nordschleife Supertest Lap Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 05:17 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BD-
When the steering wheel is on the wrong side and the driver admits to screwing up.

The funny thing here is that if the GTR had ran 7:48, the Sport Auto test would be the definitive GTR time for the Nurburgring and you'd say how the GT3 was 8s faster. As it is, reality is stepping on your dreams.
So the GT3 laps the 'Ring in 7:40?

Old 05-30-2009, 09:40 PM
Tokyotuner is infamous around these parts
Don't forget the 7:27 GTR was also on the optional SpecV rims. That makes the less then 10second gap seem even smaller.

Old 05-31-2009, 12:10 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Tokyotuner
Don't forget the 7:27 GTR was also on the optional SpecV rims. That makes the less then 10second gap seem even smaller.

Seriously a different set of rims would make that amount of time? imagine a GT3 versus Carerra GT time difference can all be made up by a very very very slightly lighter rim? .

Old 05-31-2009, 12:51 AM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Seriously a different set of rims would make that amount of time? imagine a GT3 versus Carerra GT time difference can all be made up by a very very very slightly lighter rim? .
With the 2010 GTR Really it was a combination of things that helped to get a lower time. More hp, change in suspension, and lighter wheels. But of course monaro you already knew it

Old 05-31-2009, 01:42 AM
What are the changes in in the 2009 - 2010 GTR that netted it so much time? How much extra hp does it have now? how much lighter is a 2010 base GTR to the previous 2009 base GTR? Come on tell me.

Old 05-31-2009, 02:20 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
So the GT3 laps the 'Ring in 7:40?
Err, yes. Welcome to the conversation.

Originally Posted by moranoCountry
What are the changes in in the 2009 - 2010 GTR that netted it so much time? How much extra hp does it have now? how much lighter is a 2010 base GTR to the previous 2009 base GTR? Come on tell me.
About 5bhp. Same weight.

Originally Posted by moranoCountry

Old 05-31-2009, 02:31 AM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
W-hat are the changes in in the 2009 - 2010 GTR that netted it so much time? How much extra hp does it have now? how much lighter is a 2010 base GTR to the previous 2009 base GTR? Come on tell me.
Monaro the changes are minimal but horsepower changes are only 5hp(480 to 485) but that power is probably more throughout the entire power band in the areas it need it. Suspension was changed I think with geometry in the rear a bit and I think the shocks are different(I dont know the specifics on this). And of course the wheels were Nismo sport wheels that are lighter than the factory wheels and this is only on the car Nissan tested but on 2010 cars the wheels are the same as 2009. Weight remains unchanged as far as I know it from 09 to 10.

I dont know how much of this contributed faster times but a second here and there doesnt warrant as in your word "so much time"

I know where your going with this because it still doesnt make sense to you why it is pulling its times. Again wether it is the 7:27 or the 7:38 of the new test it was inline with the others and bested by others too

This new time with its 10sec spread shows Nissans time is more believable than before and shows Porsches reason to deny Nissans time , inflate it and lie to shoot Nissans time down and to give its cars a better time.

*Edit-note I did not say anything about it comparing to a ACR,ZR1,Enzo,Zonda or any of these ultra exotics that have run 7:20s or better. I am using the times and comparisons list from*

Old 05-31-2009, 03:00 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
I'm still dubious about the 16s discrepancy between Porsche's claims for the 997TT and HvS's 7:54 lap. Seems like Porsche may have been fibbing or running a ring piece.

Old 05-31-2009, 03:21 AM
Originally Posted by BD-
Err, yes. Welcome to the conversation.

About 5bhp. Same weight.

So what was the time difference between the 2009 v 2010 GTR around the ring? 5 Nissan hp is > 150 Porsche hp, every GTR fanboi should know this already. Afterall the GTR is a mythical car with mythical power output, perfected by the superior Japanese race lol.

Old 05-31-2009, 04:16 AM
gp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Kickhard
Monaro the changes are minimal but horsepower changes are only 5hp(480 to 485) but that power is probably more throughout the entire power band in the areas it need it. Suspension was changed I think with geometry in the rear a bit and I think the shocks are different(I dont know the specifics on this). And of course the wheels were Nismo sport wheels that are lighter than the factory wheels and this is only on the car Nissan tested but on 2010 cars the wheels are the same as 2009. Weight remains unchanged as far as I know it from 09 to 10.

I dont know how much of this contributed faster times but a second here and there doesnt warrant as in your word "so much time"

I know where your going with this because it still doesnt make sense to you why it is pulling its times. Again wether it is the 7:27 or the 7:38 of the new test it was inline with the others and bested by others too

This new time with its 10sec spread shows Nissans time is more believable than before and shows Porsches reason to deny Nissans time , inflate it and lie to shoot Nissans time down and to give its cars a better time.

*Edit-note I did not say anything about it comparing to a ACR,ZR1,Enzo,Zonda or any of these ultra exotics that have run 7:20s or better. I am using the times and comparisons list from*
The changes included revised suspension geometry, revised damping, +5hp and most significantly a revised Dunlop tire compound for the base model cars. The improvement in the tire can even be heard. The 2010 cars make a lot less of that familiar GT-R tire screech.

There is easily a 10th of a second per kilometer gain to be had with these changes.

Old 05-31-2009, 05:25 AM
BD-
Banned
So what was the time difference between the 2009 v 2010 GTR around the ring? 5 Nissan hp is > 150 Porsche hp, every GTR fanboi should know this already. Afterall the GTR is a mythical car with mythical power output, perfected by the superior Japanese race lol.
Please step away from the crack pipe.

I can't even see what you're getting at. Besides, how do you explain the rather more telling 16s gap between the HvS time and Rohrl's time?

Old 05-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Tokyotuner is infamous around these parts
When did I ever say that a different set of rims would make up that amount of time?

Old 06-01-2009, 10:17 AM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
I bet the spec V would do a 6 minute lap.... He said its up the our imagine how fast it goes instead of actually testing it.... I say 6 minutes!

Last edited by SRatha; 06-01-2009 at 10:19 AM.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Charlie
Since Nissan is the only company right now that fully documents it's 'ring' times with on track data, video footage and they even go as far as to invite the public to witness the testing - you sir, with this comment of yours, deserves the....drum roll.......'most stupid comment of the week' award.
The only thing they don't do which allows doubt to be introduced into skeptics - is give the car to a third party tester for post-track inspection. That way the driver they provide is no longer in question (Nissan's or third party's).

Can they do it? ok. Is Suzuki that good? ok. Let me see it on a dyno. Let me see the tires. There. Done.

The problem with that is (and I think they've allowed visual inspection last time), skeptics will always look somewhere else - parts removed, secret compartment for nitrous containers, etc...

Old 06-02-2009, 02:41 PM
SRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud ofSRatha has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Charlie
Since Nissan is the only company right now that fully documents it's 'ring' times with on track data, video footage and they even go as far as to invite the public to witness the testing - you sir, with this comment of yours, deserves the....drum roll.......'most stupid comment of the week' award.
And to you Mr Charlie, Nissan has got you blinded!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Base GT-R lobs 7:38 Nordschleife Supertest Lap Time