Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Base GT-R lobs 7:38 Nordschleife Supertest Lap Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Do you actually believe what your saying Kickhard?

How else can the heavier and shorter gearing GTR nearly keep up with the ZR1 (on a rolling start)? Now imagine what goodies Nissan had in their test GTR to be able to compete with the enzo's, ACR, ZR1 and Zonda's.

WTF is wrong with you and your brain dude. I expect the ZR-1 to win in a roll race with the GTR in question modded. ZR1 is lighter and clearly has more power. You even clearly dont know what that GTR was modded with calling its mods bigger turbos? Maybe you misunderstood what I posted? Hell I dont know.

What you dont seem to understand is the ZR1 will have traction issues when pulling out of turns and such at a track were all those 600 plus horses wont work. Thats all I said. I did not say anything about it being able to compete with the enzo's,ACR,ZR1,Zonda at all. Now you are making things up and trying to put words into my mouth which I clearly did not say.

You and all the Anti Nissan Ninja Team members are the ones that seem to have lumped the GTR into these comparisons not I. Now if the GTR runs a time of 7:26 or 7:38 or whatever stock people will like in your case compare them to the other times of other cars and honestly I dont even know what the enzo, acr, zr1, zonda ran at the ring. I dont care. I dont care if the GTR's times are close to them either(which I think they are or you would get your thong in wad)

Stop acting like a baby and drop it dude. No one cares. I dont care and I am a GTR owner(or fanboi to you). Trade the thong in and grow up.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:32 PM
zosomoso is infamous around these parts
A modified Nissan GTR R35 with a bunch of upgrades including a HKS GT570 turbos against a stock Corvette ZR1.
common man, at least do your homework...

Old 06-12-2009, 09:53 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Charlie
ZR1 gets spanked by GTR with HKS GT570 turbos. Ooops, i meant GT570 kit.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=praxef6MsSo

Are these the same guys?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGuoBHPxlSQ

Modified GTR gets flogged by the 997 T Evotech as well as the ZR1

Old 06-12-2009, 10:59 PM
kp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to all
HKS Turbos???????????

Man Monarocountry just talks out of his ****. Everything he knows is second hand knowledge. I remember the days when Monaro and Heavychevy swore up and down the 997TT was faster than the GTR on the right tires. When it became clear it wasnt, they started using the Zonda and ZR1 as yardsyicks.

WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU SWORE ON YOUR FIRST BORN SON THAT THE 997TT WAS FASTER THAN THE GTR? HUH HEAVYCHEVY AND MONARO?
WHAT HAPPENED?

Pathetic.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:00 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kp117
HKS Turbos???????????

Man Monarocountry just talks out of his ****. Everything he knows is second hand knowledge. I remember the days when Monaro and Heavychevy swore up and down the 997TT was faster than the GTR on the right tires. When it became clear it wasnt, they started using the Zonda and ZR1 as yardsyicks.

WHAT HAPPENED WHEN YOU SWORE ON YOUR FIRST BORN SON THAT THE 997TT WAS FASTER THAN THE GTR? HUH HEAVYCHEVY AND MONARO?
WHAT HAPPENED?

Pathetic.
Last I saw, the TT hasn't been back to back tested on tires as fast as the GT-R's.

When you understand what it means when a tire's hot pressures are at 29 PSI (GT-R's), get back to me. Also do some research on what other tires run those hot pressures, and how much performance the GT-R's lose on PS2's vs even the bridgestones.

I said in several of the close tests a better tire on the TT would have yeilded a different result. Not to mention the TT has gone up against modded GT-R's on several occasions (Ahem Best Motoring / Senna test).

You fail at the comprehension.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:43 AM
Still lost to a stock ZR1.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Advanced this and advanced that, its still lost to a GT3 around the Nurburgring. I can easily imagine a Turbo with better tyres beating a GTR around a track.

Old 06-13-2009, 05:38 AM
Some more videos of a modified GTR loosing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2IlAnt5e60

Old 06-13-2009, 09:47 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I don't understand why engineering a chassis to deal with being heavy is a better engineering solution than engineering a lightweight car to begin with.

Old 06-13-2009, 01:27 PM
kp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to all
In the olden days, the locals would bring you into the town square and publically SLAP you for still lying after being disproved. HeavyChevy and Monaro are lucky.

The GTR is flat out faster than the 997TT, regardless of tyres.

Is it that big a blow to your tainted ego to just admit you were wrong.

SMH

Old 06-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Some more videos of a modified GTR loosing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2IlAnt5e60

Umm Morano what the hell are you trying to prove. I already said the ZR-1, CGT should beat a modded GTR. Are you even reading the post. Ya those BIG HKS TURBOS SUCK DONT THEY. Something is clearly wrong here. Seriously

The GTR is not a highway pull, autobahn bomber, high speed roll on type of car due to its weight and AWD. Its speed/advantage seems to be in the 0-60 0-100 area. Its fast but not that type of fast.

Last edited by Kickhard; 06-13-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:36 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
I don't understand why engineering a chassis to deal with being heavy is a better engineering solution than engineering a lightweight car to begin with.
It's not and never has been, but if you add enough extra stuff to it it can compete for a few laps before falling off badly. The fact remains that the lighter the car, the faster.

Originally Posted by kp117
In the olden days, the locals would bring you into the town square and publically SLAP you for still lying after being disproved. HeavyChevy and Monaro are lucky.

The GTR is flat out faster than the 997TT, regardless of tyres.

Is it that big a blow to your tainted ego to just admit you were wrong.

SMH
You're welcome to try if you want to local.

Every test has had the GT-R on better tYres and some have been within a whisker when the GT-R wasn't on Dunlops which are faster than R-comps. Therefore with a little sense you can deduct that and equal tire would have put the TT ahead in some cases. But that is too much to ask for you.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by germeezy1

Well Nissan first issued a statement that the weight of the GTR was engineered for the car for better performance, this was after people first started complaining of the GTR's porker status. I guess some people just fall for Nissan's B/S hook line and sinker.

Umm Morano what the hell are you trying to prove. I already said the ZR-1, CGT should beat a modded GTR. Are you even reading the post. Ya those BIG HKS TURBOS SUCK DONT THEY. Something is clearly wrong here. Seriously
So again how can the supposedly stock GTR Nissan tested around the Nurburgring keep up on the long straight line against the ZR1 and many other supercars? Why do Nissan fans insist that the test GTR was a stock item when it clearly carried far more power?

Old 06-13-2009, 06:17 PM
how can the supposedly stock GTR Nissan tested around the Nurburgring keep up on the long straight line against the ZR1 and many other supercars? Why do Nissan fans insist that the test GTR was a stock item when it clearly carried far more power?
Honestly Nothing has been proven. No one but nissan knows if it clearly carried more power. This test of 7:38 still has no weight on your statements. What does that time prove? Just because a car beats it on a straight does not mean it will in the turns.

Why do Nissan doubters insist all the test GTRs werent stock?

This still is such a bunch of BS. Again why would you care about a heavy pig Nissan since you hate it so much. Drop it. Walk away. You are not going to change anyones mind about this. This is clear by how many pages all these threads go on and on.

Old 06-13-2009, 10:35 PM
It's clear that there are many forum regulars here that agree with me the same as you have several new forumers who have recently migrated from GTR sites agreeing with you. I dont expect Nissan to come clean about cheating and using a ringer, they still havent admitted to the R33 being a ringer (when they achieved a 7:59 on a roughly 270hp car). However it is clear from all reviews so far that Nissan used a ringer for both R35 and R33.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Base GT-R lobs 7:38 Nordschleife Supertest Lap Time