Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Base GT-R lobs 7:38 Nordschleife Supertest Lap Time

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 08:22 AM
gp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to behold
Base GT-R lobs 7:38 Nordschleife Supertest Lap Time

Members of German GT-R owners clubs and several folks over at rennteam are reporting a Supertest lap time of 7:38 for the base Nissan GT-R on Dunlops.

Better still, an employee of Motorpresse(the publisher) is reporting that HVS believes the time could potentially be a few seconds quicker. (rennteam)

Some other Supertest results for comparison:

997 GT2 on Sport Cups and PCCBs; 7:33
997 Turbo on Sport Cups and PCCBs: 7:54
997 s2, GT3 on Sport Cups and PCCBs: 7:40
C6 Z06 on GEF1s: 7:49

GT-R on Dunlop SP Sport 600s: 7:38

Old 05-28-2009, 09:24 AM
JC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really niceJC919 is just really nice
The base GT-R and the new GT3 are pretty close with the GT2 a bit ahead of the two. I guess we have to wait for these guys to get their hands on a V Spec, but the Car Magazine reviews weren't to favorable for this car.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Well this new time says alot about all the other slower times. And this time seems to be in-line with the other P car times too. I wonder what Heavy and Morano have to say about this???

Seems it was faster than all tested except the GT2. 10sec faster than the ZO6. Wait that doesnt make sense the GTR is too heavy to beat the ZO6 right? Whoops wait a minute the Porsches are heavier than the ZO6 too right? What gives???

Old 05-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Galactus
Also sounds like HVS thought it could go even quicker....So if Nissan rents out the Ring and spends weeks trying to get a perfect day and lap, it seems more and more likely that a sub 7 minute 30 second time is achievable without resorting to "tricks"....Very impressive performance, and shows that the target, 997 Turbo, is well and truly beaten at the ring by a base GT-R.

Well we all know what is going to happen next.

Doubters will say Quote

" how do we know this car is stock"
" it cant be running stock boost"
" its a ringer"
" its a nissan so there for its a lie"
" Nissans Nordschleife Ninja Team secretly remapped the ECU to run 30lbs of boost"

It will never end

Old 05-28-2009, 12:17 PM
SpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura about
Ninja team....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! I wish they used a control tire to limit the variables as much as possible so the argument over ring times can come to some sort of conclusion. Thanks for the results!

Old 05-28-2009, 02:05 PM
ACRJUD is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kickhard
Well this new time says alot about all the other slower times. And this time seems to be in-line with the other P car times too. I wonder what Heavy and Morano have to say about this???

Seems it was faster than all tested except the GT2. 10sec faster than the ZO6. Wait that doesnt make sense the GTR is too heavy to beat the ZO6 right? Whoops wait a minute the Porsches are heavier than the ZO6 too right? What gives???
The Z06 is on F1 Run flats which are pretty crappy compared to the tires the other cars were using. Regardless, id expect the GTR and Z06 to post similar times. Biggest surprise to me is how bad the 997 turbo did.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:28 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
The GTR, the turbo and the ZO6 should be inline with regards to numbers, these cars have similar power. Hopefully Sport Auto made the lap using another GTR, the previous GTR thy used was slightly modified with KW suspension mods and other goodies.
http://www.gtrcenter.net/?p=1393

After 2 laps my bet would go to the ZO6 and turbo since those two do not eat its tires and breaks as much.

What I do not believe is the stock GTR being able to outperform other much better exotics and do a mid 7:20's, this is just too much even from Nissan.

Last edited by monaroCountry; 05-28-2009 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:23 PM
gp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
The GTR, the turbo and the ZO6 should be inline with regards to numbers, these cars have similar power. Hopefully Sport Auto made the lap using another GTR, the previous GTR thy used was slightly modified with KW suspension mods and other goodies.
http://www.gtrcenter.net/?p=1393

After 2 laps my bet would go to the ZO6 and turbo since those two do not eat its tires and breaks as much.

What I do not believe is the stock GTR being able to outperform other much better exotics and do a mid 7:20's, this is just too much even from Nissan.
The car they test drove last time was a right hand drive JDM grey import owned and modified by KW. That is specifically the reason why they did not use it to conduct a Supertest or to record a Nordschleife lap time.

The car they used for the Supertest was a LHD German Spec GT-R. Hence the long wait. Owners only started taking deliveries in April/May of this year.

Last edited by gp900bj; 05-28-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by ACRJUD
The Z06 is on F1 Run flats which are pretty crappy compared to the tires the other cars were using. Regardless, id expect the GTR and Z06 to post similar times. Biggest surprise to me is how bad the 997 turbo did.
I agree. I really believe that the ZR1 (- the stupid hood window, - the LS9, + the LS7) should really have been sold as the 09 Z06.

The Z06 was never ever short on power, just short on chassis and tires and maybe a better set of ratios (which the ZR1 has).

Have you ever met anyone who drove their 1400kg/500hp Z06 thinking "I wish i had 640hp"? The net result of GM's decision to go with 640hp is a car that is ultimately less trackable than the Z06.

Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 PM
Kero is infamous around these parts
pretty amazing

Old 05-28-2009, 05:44 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Impressive. Imagine how good they could do after thousands of laps in the same car. Imagine if they could just shave 10secs on one lap.

Waiting for all of the bullsh*t theories.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by gp900bj
The car they test drove last time was a right hand drive JDM grey import owned and modified by KW. That is specifically the reason why they did not use it to conduct a Supertest or to record a Nordschleife lap time.

The car they used for the Supertest was a LHD German Spec GT-R. Hence the long wait. Owners only started taking deliveries in April/May of this year.
Like I said earlier it will never end. Morano already said it wasnt a stock GTR that made the time. Of course he is the GTR expert............

Earlier he said there is no way a stock GTR will get below the P cars numbers of 7:40 either............

Very entertaining.........

Old 05-29-2009, 03:24 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Kickhard
Like I said earlier it will never end. Morano already said it wasnt a stock GTR that made the time. Of course he is the GTR expert............

Earlier he said there is no way a stock GTR will get below the P cars numbers of 7:40 either............

Very entertaining.........
Kickhard maybe you should go back to kindergarten, this is what I wrote........"Hopefully Sport Auto made the lap using another GTR, the previous GTR thy used was slightly modified with KW suspension mods and other goodies."

A 7:38 is still very far from the Nissan claim of 7:26 this difference is basically Corvette ZO6 v Corvette ZR1. We all know that the GTR can compete with the ZO6 but can it compete with the ZR1, Ferrari Enzo, Zonda, ACR and all the other supercars in the 7:20 range? I dont know about you but my guess is that all the rubber left by the recent 24hr even would have contributed to a gripper track.

Old 05-29-2009, 04:53 AM
Kickhard maybe you should go back to kindergarten, this is what I wrote........"Hopefully Sport Auto made the lap using another GTR, the previous GTR thy used was slightly modified with KW suspension mods and other goodies."

A 7:38 is still very far from the Nissan claim of 7:26 this difference is basically Corvette ZO6 v Corvette ZR1. We all know that the GTR can compete with the ZO6 but can it compete with the ZR1, Ferrari Enzo, Zonda, ACR and all the other supercars in the 7:20 range? I dont know about you but my guess is that all the rubber left by the recent 24hr even would have contributed to a gripper track.
Haahhhahhahhha. I nearly died laughing at your last comment. Now Nissan is controlling not only Sportauto (a german automoive publication) but all of Germany, just to get a better lap time.

I see you've read GTROC's thread about the 7:38 lap desperately seeking out a new conspiracy theory. Let me repost EVOLUTIONVI's post so we can all comprehend what he is really trying to say:

"If the test was done yesterday,then the times could have been better just because of the fact the 24h race was last weekend...i dont think i need to tell you guys how many engines have blown,how many cars have crashed and how much rubber parts are laying around on track or next to it"

He is trying to say that HVS could have done better than 7:38. But I like what you did there anyway.

Old 05-29-2009, 08:26 AM

You need to see a shrink to help you with these lies and obsesion with Nissan

It was clear to eveyone but u that the car you are talking about was not the supertest car. A base car was the car used to get the time

HAHA you my friend sound like a fool searching for any and every way to diss nissan.

No one here said the GTR is on par with the enzo,zonda, acr. Now you say there is extra rubber on the road which helped the GTR get a better time. Now remember I have been reading your post and even a 7:38 was impossible by your standards. No one in here said anything about the 7:27 time which is ten sec diff, we are talking of this new independant time. If this extra rubber on the roads was so much of an influence then the ZO6 and Porsche should have finished better that they did. You make a mockery of yourself again..........

Yeah I know its still not a base GTR, or its a ringer, or again the Nissan Nordschleife Ninja Team is at work again fixing cars for test all over the world..............

LOL this is too funny really it is

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Base GT-R lobs 7:38 Nordschleife Supertest Lap Time