Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2010 GTR beats ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:10 AM
gp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to beholdgp900bj is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BlackSheep
Need I say more??
Nice of you to devote your car to the GT-R like that. I wonder what your plate might read if the GT-R didn't exist.

The GT-R really is slowly taking over the world, one vette at a time. Pretty soon we'll see vette's wearing GT-R themed paint jobs.

Old 06-18-2009, 09:12 AM
BlackSheep is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Charlie
Pfff, I bet you his car was stock. Two car lengths in front of a stock GTR is nothing to be bragging about. If you were to race against my GTR from a roll - you'll be eating dust all the way.
So what's the point of all of this? My dick is bigger than yours - that's the point!
You would need a GTR that puts down over 800rwhp to compete with my car from a roll.. The GTR shines in many areas, but definately not from a roll.. 0-80 its a blast, after that the drivetrain loss, aerodynamics and weight play a huge roll as speed increases.. Did you not see that the STOCK ZR1 Kills a HKS 570 tuned GTR... A ZR1 makes 120 LESS rwhp than my car.... If there are any takers, I live in the Dallas area.. The same place COBB tuning resides.. I would hope there is a highly modified one here that would like to run.. I'm game if someone can set it up...

Old 06-18-2009, 10:54 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
If straight line roll-racing is all you're interested in, get a bike, or even a supra.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Originally Posted by BD-
If straight line roll-racing is all you're interested in, get a bike, or even a supra.
A 14yo Toyota would be great if I were into waiting for the power to come on... Shift, wait again... Then Weeeee!!! Not my cup of tea... I'm not into 14 yo toyotas.. I like what I like.. To each his own.. Now isn't your mommy wondering why you're not outside playing with the other kids while you're on Summer break?

Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
My car at the time had a CAI, Headers, and tune and made 430/424.. by 140 I was a good 2 cars ahead of him.
Assuming your car is close to stock weight, your car had about 288whp/tonne. A stock GT-R is about 233whp/tonne. Your car had 24% better power/wt, yet you could only get 2 cars on him? I have to say, if the GT-R is "weak" at roll-on runs, and you could only get 2 cars despite that fairly substantial power/wt advantage, maybe your car was "only marginally less weak."

Old 06-18-2009, 11:22 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Black Sheep -

My wife has beaten Z06's on her 3rd, 4th, and 5th ever 1/4 run...

I don't do that childish, ignorant, unsafe, stupid, childish (yeah I said it twice) street racing you think is so cool.

And I'll gladly accept your challenge on either a road course, or 1/4 strip.

I'll even let my wife drive.

I'd bet on her against you any day of the week.

My oldest daughter is learning how to drive right now, if you give me a week, I'll put her up against you as well.

Last edited by jaspergtr; 06-18-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Black Sheep - you sound like an ***. Not saying you are in real life... But you definitely sound like one here.

My wife has beaten Z06's on her 3rd, 4th, and 5th ever 1/4 run...

I don't do that childish, ignorant, unsafe, stupid, childish (yeah I said it twice) street racing you think is so cool.

And I'll gladly accept your challenge on either a road course, or 1/4 strip.

I'll even let my wife drive.

I'd bet on her against you any day of the week.

My oldest daughter is learning how to drive right now, if you give me a week, I'll put her up against you as well.
Sure.. I hope that GTR can run better than a 10.36@138

The "street racing" done out here in the middle of Texas is great. Me and other 6spd guys, ones with Lambos and Ferraris have a few hidden very desolate areas where we can stretch our cars legs.. Not another car for miles... The beauty of living in Texas! I hope that I have not come across as an ***, I just like to speak passionately about my car and the things it's capable of doing.. Just like you!

Last edited by BlackSheep; 06-18-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:38 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
My *** comment is withdrawn. My apologies.

And the offer still stands, but then my only request is that you're on street tires, as will the GT-R.

That being said, about the article posted by the OP, that is impressive performance for the GT-R when compared to the ZR-1. Obviously the ZR-1 would have a difficult time showing its strength on the short straights, but I expected better from the ZR-1. Perhaps this reviewer needed a little more time to get acquainted with the ZR-1???

Old 06-18-2009, 01:13 PM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
A 14yo Toyota would be great if I were into waiting for the power to come on... Shift, wait again... Then Weeeee!!! Not my cup of tea... I'm not into 14 yo toyotas.. I like what I like.. To each his own.. Now isn't your mommy wondering why you're not outside playing with the other kids while you're on Summer break?
Wait or no wait, buck for buck, a supra will blow your Opel off the road in a roll-race. Texas Mile record holder, enough said. BlackSheep you are the odd one out and I can't figure what you're all about. An old R32 GTR with C6 Z51 money thrown at it will also butcher your car, especially on street tyres. They've been running 0-186mph in 12s since your car was just a C4 and it's less likely to fling itself off the road sideways if it loses traction. Straight-line speed is for monkeys.

And isn't your mommy wondering why you are outside playing with the kids on Summer Break?

Old 06-18-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by BD-
Wait or no wait, buck for buck, a supra will blow your Opel off the road in a roll-race. Texas Mile record holder, enough said. BlackSheep you are the odd one out and I can't figure what you're all about. An old R32 GTR with C6 Z51 money thrown at it will also butcher your car, especially on street tyres. They've been running 0-186mph in 12s since your car was just a C4 and it's less likely to fling itself off the road sideways if it loses traction. Straight-line speed is for monkeys.

And isn't your mommy wondering why you are outside playing with the kids on Summer Break?

Lol!! Remember this C4 from 88?? Nothing from Japan in this era was even close.. Period!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8dI-47Z2hI You find me a tuner car from japan that did anything close to this and I'll give you a cookie.. I happen to like High Horsepower top speed cars, once again, to each his own.. I also like nible light cars as well, this is why my other toy is an Esprit.. I guess I'm a monkey!.. BTW... What do you drive ?? I don't see anything in your avatar... Do you even have a car?

Old 06-18-2009, 02:04 PM
Lol!! Remember this C4 from 88?? Nothing from Japan in this era was even close.. Period!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8dI-47Z2hI You find me a tuner car from japan that did anything close to this and I'll give you a cookie.. I happen to like High Horsepower top speed cars, once again, to each his own.. I also like nible light cars as well, this is why my other toy is an Esprit.. I guess I'm a monkey!.. BTW... What do you drive ?? I don't see anything in your avatar... Do you even have a car?
The GT-R has been here in the states for almost 1 year.

Check out the Hennessey GT-R. I think they'd take your car out... On street tires.

I have no desire to modify my car to go too much faster. There is more than enough fun to be had on road course tracks.

My wife's first ever 1/4, she got an 11.48 (on factory run-flats).

There has been a 600whp GT-R that got a 10.5.

I don't think somebody needs an additional 200hp to shave off just over a tenth.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:28 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
Check out the Hennessey GT-R. I think they'd take your car out... On street tires.
Not so sure about that. Hennessey's car, on race gas and increased boost over the base GTR600 specification with about 700 hp, was slower than his own modded ZR1 (602 rwhp) in the Texas Mile by around 3 mph, 197 vs 194. It would be interesting to see the acceleration comparisons at 150+ mph though.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Guibo
Assuming your car is close to stock weight, your car had about 288whp/tonne. A stock GT-R is about 233whp/tonne. Your car had 24% better power/wt, yet you could only get 2 cars on him? I have to say, if the GT-R is "weak" at roll-on runs, and you could only get 2 cars despite that fairly substantial power/wt advantage, maybe your car was "only marginally less weak."
You seem to be pretty good at math there.. Look at the gearing between the 2 cars.... Give me the gearing the GTR has and I would of been 10 cars ahead of it.. The gtr is in 6th when I just got into 4th.. The gtr at 100 turns 3,500 rpm in 6th... I'm at 2,100...

Old 06-18-2009, 02:38 PM
BD-
Banned
Remember the JUN-Blitz Bonneville Z32? 262mph.

An Esprit? And to think you and others were criticising the R35's greabox earlier. I have an R32 GTR and an Evo VII RS2. Not great in a straight line but life is not a straight line.

Old 06-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by BD-
Remember the JUN-Blitz Bonneville Z32? 262mph.

An Esprit? And to think you and others were criticising the R35's greabox earlier. I have an R32 GTR and an Evo VII RS2. Not great in a straight line but life is not a straight line.

I think you have me confused with somebody else... I never criticized the GTR's gear box.. It is a great design.. Probably the best auto trans on the market today.. But the car is as fast as it is because of the gearing. My Esprit has the worst gear box they put in them.. The Citroen transaxle.. It holds together for what I use it for.. What year did the R32 hit 262??? Life is not all corners either!

Last edited by BlackSheep; 06-18-2009 at 02:49 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.