Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2010 GTR beats ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 10:48 PM
BADDASSC6 is infamous around these parts
That video was cool. That Porsche ddn't have enough *** to get around the LS3. A better driver would have passed that vette. The vette wasn't getting on the gas unil after the apex on turn 9 (entrance tot he front straight). You can go really wide on 8 turn in for a late apex on nine and get on the gas WAYYY before the apex.

Old 06-19-2009, 04:57 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by BlackSheep
If you want to compare modded to modded.. Line any GTR up to my lowly $52,000 vette with 12k in mods and see what happens.. GTR LOL
Line up you C6 next to a 'busa with $12k of mods and see what happens.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:01 AM
BlackSheep is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BD-
Line up you C6 next to a 'busa with $12k of mods and see what happens.
Who was comparing motorcycles... Have you been paying attention?? There was a reply with the ZR1 doesn't killed the MODDED HKS 570 GTR.. Someone was comparing a MODDED GTR to a stock ZR1... I just tried to level the playing field with a modded vette to a modded GTR.... So why don't you have a pic of your car, or cars in your avatar???

Old 06-19-2009, 07:00 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Had to dig through all the videos of the STOCK Zr1 VS HKS 570 GTR to find the GTR's best showing.. I think this vid tells the real tale.. Watch how bad the ZR1 Drives off at 1:50 in the video... This is a stock ZR1.. Now you want to talk doing some mods...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jlo_TIMkek

This car is on STOCK manifolds too... Just intake, pulley and tune put this car here.... Trapping 141!!! Not a single GTR you can find has trapped 141... Even with it's amazing launch it's still a long ways away..
I totally agree!!!!!

They are trying to compare a modded GTR with a stock ZR1. How would it pan out if both cars were lightly modded? This video proves that the GTR would not fare very well.

Stock for stock and with a good driver the GTR would get beaten badly.

Old 06-19-2009, 09:51 AM
Spec is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6
Ok so are you basicly accepting the challenge or bench racing ???

From a roll a stock GTR is not going to hang with a C6, much less a bolt on C6. I acknowledge that I'm am not refering to a Z06. Racing from a dig to an 1/8 or a 1/4 wold be different. That would really heavily on the driver and the tire of the C6. I would love to run a GTR in my bolt on C6.

Are any of the SOCAL GTR guys participating in the NASA Buttonwillow event this month?
To be honest with you mostly just bench racing. Either way he'd get smoked by my ZX-14 or I'd easily be smoked in my 350Z. Proves nothing.

Let's keep this straight to the facts. We all know a C6 is capable of being fast. Chevy has built the last few years of there LS series engines. Similar to Porsche with the 3.4 and 3.6l engines. Very similar to the last model but just picking up where they can to produce a good amount of power.

Now with that being said the LS3 engine is basically the LS2 with different heads and a higher rated cam also some coolant was replaced and the block was then bored out. The internals in development are identical just larger in the LS3. So the LS3 shouldn't have taken much time before the power adders and companies began to make power with them.

Lets not forget you're comparing a light car vs a heavy one and they both make relatively the same power. (C6 with bolt ons). But it's hard for a stock GTR to make up for the 600 lbs lost or .6 seconds in the 1/4 that is lost in just weight.

Also whoever is going around saying the numbers the ZR1 is doing with bolt ons trapping 141 mph. Come on now. Let's be honest. To me it should be able to produce those numbers. The car is light, has the matched gearing, the tires, and the power. For all supercharged cars with a hell of alot of displacement all you need is some simple power adders to make power. Look at the Merc's for instance. The SL600 Mercedes can do the same. So what are you getting at?

Black Sheep. Your car is not the fastest car on Earth. (bench racing) For $20,000 my 350Z could make well over the figures of your C6, and with the right tire setup eat the ZR1 alive. But it proves nothing. Just that my car is faster than the other one but there's still that Vette out there faster than mine. Here's a good video for your entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbfVJkikbA

As much as I'd hate to be a bench racer, I just want to show the points that a C6 Corvette nor a GTR are the fastest for the money. Simply taken a 350Z can take them both on no problems in the right circumstances. But since this is basically becoming a thread about this cost vs that cost figured I throw it out there.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:15 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Who was comparing motorcycles... Have you been paying attention?? There was a reply with the ZR1 doesn't killed the MODDED HKS 570 GTR.. Someone was comparing a MODDED GTR to a stock ZR1... I just tried to level the playing field with a modded vette to a modded GTR.... So why don't you have a pic of your car, or cars in your avatar???
You're comparing cars purely on the basis of in-line speed from a roll. This art is boring as hell and if that's all you're interested in buy a modded 'busa.

You have the back end of a car in your avatar and you can point it in a straight line and floor the throttle, wow.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally Posted by BD-
You're comparing cars purely on the basis of in-line speed from a roll. This art is boring as hell and if that's all you're interested in buy a modded 'busa.

You have the back end of a car in your avatar and you can point it in a straight line and floor the throttle, wow.
The car not just goes straight very quickly, but it runs a road coarse extremely well.. Same skidpad as an F430... Did you notice that the Corvette's in Lemans were over 10s faster than the fastest Pcars?? I don't ride street bikes.. Not my cup of tea.. Why do you keep pushing a busa down my throat??? They don't corner for shi*!! So why would you be so into one if they don't corner?? An ItalKart shifter Kart will out perform anything on this entire site on a road coarse.. So why did you buy an Evo to corner in when a shifterkart will burry it for 10K??? Get over it already, I drive what I drive because I LIKE IT!!

Old 06-19-2009, 12:46 PM
BADDASSC6 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Spec
To be honest with you mostly just bench racing. Either way he'd get smoked by my ZX-14 or I'd easily be smoked in my 350Z. Proves nothing.

Let's keep this straight to the facts. We all know a C6 is capable of being fast. Chevy has built the last few years of there LS series engines. Similar to Porsche with the 3.4 and 3.6l engines. Very similar to the last model but just picking up where they can to produce a good amount of power.

Now with that being said the LS3 engine is basically the LS2 with different heads and a higher rated cam also some coolant was replaced and the block was then bored out. The internals in development are identical just larger in the LS3. So the LS3 shouldn't have taken much time before the power adders and companies began to make power with them.

Lets not forget you're comparing a light car vs a heavy one and they both make relatively the same power. (C6 with bolt ons). But it's hard for a stock GTR to make up for the 600 lbs lost or .6 seconds in the 1/4 that is lost in just weight.

Also whoever is going around saying the numbers the ZR1 is doing with bolt ons trapping 141 mph. Come on now. Let's be honest. To me it should be able to produce those numbers. The car is light, has the matched gearing, the tires, and the power. For all supercharged cars with a hell of alot of displacement all you need is some simple power adders to make power. Look at the Merc's for instance. The SL600 Mercedes can do the same. So what are you getting at?

Black Sheep. Your car is not the fastest car on Earth. (bench racing) For $20,000 my 350Z could make well over the figures of your C6, and with the right tire setup eat the ZR1 alive. But it proves nothing. Just that my car is faster than the other one but there's still that Vette out there faster than mine. Here's a good video for your entertainment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXbfVJkikbA

As much as I'd hate to be a bench racer, I just want to show the points that a C6 Corvette nor a GTR are the fastest for the money. Simply taken a 350Z can take them both on no problems in the right circumstances. But since this is basically becoming a thread about this cost vs that cost figured I throw it out there.
A 600+rwhp C6 would be a great race for a ZX14. I can walk a 600 and almost hang with a liter bike from a roll with 460 rwhp. It would be interesting.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by BADDASSC6
A 600+rwhp C6 would be a great race for a ZX14. I can walk a 600 and almost hang with a liter bike from a roll with 460 rwhp. It would be interesting.

She is in the shop getting the meth kit & 8 rib installed right now.. Going to see what it will put down on Race + Meth.. We're hoping for 800+

Old 06-19-2009, 01:22 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by snakebitten
Yeah. You gonna need more than z51 and power to beat a GTR around a track....Oh snap...No I didnt
How about you bring a GTR out to MSR and a wad of cash and we'll see where things end up...
Hey, I want some of that! (Except for the wad of cash part.)
This way both of you can say, "Well, I didn't finish last."
Unless one of you can't drive.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Spec is infamous around these parts
My ZX-14 has been known to easily dish out some 1000cc bikes, and also a 600cc is not even close in comparison. We're talking a strapped bolt on ZX-14 known to trap in the 156-158 range and average a 9.26. I doubt any C6 under 800 rwhp will be able to contend well.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:25 PM
BD-
Banned
The car not just goes straight very quickly, but it runs a road coarse extremely well.. Same skidpad as an F430... Did you notice that the Corvette's in Lemans were over 10s faster than the fastest Pcars?? I don't ride street bikes.. Not my cup of tea.. Why do you keep pushing a busa down my throat??? They don't corner for shi*!! So why would you be so into one if they don't corner?? An ItalKart shifter Kart will out perform anything on this entire site on a road coarse.. So why did you buy an Evo to corner in when a shifterkart will burry it for 10K??? Get over it already, I drive what I drive because I LIKE IT!!
Have you tried using a ****terkart on a UK B road, or even many A-roads. I can't see the point in completely compromising a car's on-road handling for racetrack times.

Skidpad performances make me laugh. They mean absolutely nothing. They're not even a good measure of lateral grip because they also factor in how well a car can accelerate mid-turn rather than measuring outright turn speed capability. They're also typically measured on completely flat surfaces. If all surfaces are assumed to be flat then why even have suspensions on cars? Same skidpad performance. That's like getting a Ford GT and a Ford Mondeo and saying same indicator stalks.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by DFW911T
Hey, I want some of that! (Except for the wad of cash part.)
This way both of you can say, "Well, I didn't finish last."
Unless one of you can't drive.
I'll be your Huckleberry! You planning on bringing that thinly disguised DTM car out there! Are you a member at MSR or Eagles Cayon? If you are tell me when you're going and I'll ride your coat tail in!! Would love to play!

Old 06-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by BD-
Have you tried using a ****terkart on a UK B road, or even many A-roads. I can't see the point in completely compromising a car's on-road handling for racetrack times.

Skidpad performances make me laugh. They mean absolutely nothing. They're not even a good measure of lateral grip because they also factor in how well a car can accelerate mid-turn rather than measuring outright turn speed capability. They're also typically measured on completely flat surfaces. If all surfaces are assumed to be flat then why even have suspensions on cars? Same skidpad performance. That's like getting a Ford GT and a Ford Mondeo and saying same indicator stalks.
Ahhhh.. I should have noticed.. You're from the UK.... This makes things VERY clear now.. Now it makes sense why you dont have pics of your "cars"...

Last edited by BlackSheep; 06-19-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:46 PM
BD-
Banned
Ahhhh.. I should have noticed.. You're from the UK.... This makes things VERY clear now.. Now it makes sense why you dont have pics of your "cars"...
Oh yeah, why's that then? I don't see any pictures of your cars either.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.