Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

2010 GTR beats ZR1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:48 PM
BADDASSC6 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Spec
My ZX-14 has been known to easily dish out some 1000cc bikes, and also a 600cc is not even close in comparison. We're talking a strapped bolt on ZX-14 known to trap in the 156-158 range and average a 9.26. I doubt any C6 under 800 rwhp will be able to contend well.
He's from Jersey. Not U.K.

You don't need 800whp to run deep nines in a vette. You can do it with mid 600 on a automatic with gear and a high stall converter. You can go deep in the nine if you ditch the rear brakes to fit some 15' e.t. drags.

But we are talking roll racing here and as the speeds build up that huge power to weight advantage becomes neglegable to the bette areo of a car.

ZX-14 are bad *** bike though if you can ride one well you get props.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:10 PM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BlackSheep
... Are you a member at MSR or Eagles Cayon? If you are tell me when you're going and I'll ride your coat tail in!! Would love to play!
No, I'm afraid we'll need to find someone else.
I usually go out with http://www.thedriversedge.net/02_tracks.htm or get lucky and pick an open track day at ECR ... which is a perfect track for your car.

Old 06-19-2009, 03:15 PM
BlackSheep is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BD-
Oh yeah, why's that then? I don't see any pictures of your cars either.
Vids of my Vette:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_-ij...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLu5c...layer_embedded

My Lotus Esprit page:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2284435

Uh... That is my car on my avatar as well.. My cars are real... There is actual footage of me driving them to be seen.. Even real data on this site on the 60-130 list to corrolate my typing and performance... Where's your's??

Last edited by BlackSheep; 06-19-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:36 PM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Go on, let's play picies then.

I do like the sound of GM and Ford V8s, I'll give you that.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:12 AM
Spec is infamous around these parts
Nice vids of the C6. I thought the Dinan S3 M5 would've had you at least far up top end because of the 7 spd gearing. Or was it a 6spd manual you raced? I would post vids of my Z but they're all dark and racing slow cars. No vids of the bike in action though. I need to get home to get that for you all. What times were you pulling with the Z51 and bolt ons?

Old 06-20-2009, 05:14 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
^Yeah Im impressed that a bolt on C6 actually pulled an S3 M5 even up top. Blacksheep what was the rwhp on the C6 with all the bolt-ons. Dont think you mentioned this yet but Im guessing around 500rwhp +/-. People sleep on the base Vette but it just about as fast as the old Gen II GTS so it aint no slouch. Add mods, coupled with its comparitively low weight, and you got a monter on your hands. C6 Vette has to one of the best values in sportscars out now.

Love that R32 BD. Thats the one I fell in love with back in the early 90's and have been a Skyline/GTR fan ever since. That blue Trust Greddy Skyline that was murdering everyone on the 1/4 caused love at first sight. Anything done to yours?

Last edited by snakebitten; 06-20-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:51 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by snakebitten
Love that R32 BD. Thats the one I fell in love with back in the early 90's and have been a Skyline/GTR fan ever since. That blue Trust Greddy Skyline that was murdering everyone on the 1/4 caused love at first sight. Anything done to yours?
GT2530s, decat 90mm turbo-back exhaust, intercooler, hardpipes, cams, oil cooler, brakes, no HICAS or HICAS pump (-150lbs), +other weight saving it's around 3000lbs now. The Evo is just running a decat turbo-back and filter but it's an RS2 model and hence weighs about 2860lbs. Both plenty fast on real roads.

Last edited by BD-; 06-20-2009 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:52 AM
snakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to beholdsnakebitten is a splendid one to behold
Would love to see some vids of you runing some serious cars to get an idea of how fast they are. Any hp numbers on both? Either one could be real nasty lol. Havent seen many R32 except on tracks but I run into EVO's all the time. Nothing but respect. Been clubbed by a few modded ones in the straights already but Im pretty much stock 350z.

Old 06-20-2009, 07:43 AM
BlackSheep is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Spec
Nice vids of the C6. I thought the Dinan S3 M5 would've had you at least far up top end because of the 7 spd gearing. Or was it a 6spd manual you raced? I would post vids of my Z but they're all dark and racing slow cars. No vids of the bike in action though. I need to get home to get that for you all. What times were you pulling with the Z51 and bolt ons?
That is Darren_Dallas's car from the M5 Board.. It is a 7spd Auto.. My car had a mild cam at the time.. It dyno'd 484/451 About 50 more rhwp than a Z06 on that particular dyno and about 200 less than how it sits now! Darren was quite a bit surprised in the outcome too! The car at that time used to run an 11.4 @ 127 w/ a 2.20 60' on GoodYear Runflats.. Never got to run it on Drags.. My current 10.36 @ 138 is on Nitto Invo street tires as well.. I'm not really into 1/4 mile racing.. I'm afraid to break things, It's only been to the track a couple times.. The Mustang was putting down 550/580 with a 100 shot on it when we ran.. The funny part was his plate said Z06 THS.. lol! He had a little egg on his face after that deal!

Thanks for the props guys.. There will soon be some vids of this car against some bikes, a TT Ford GT and a few other Monsters.. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the props, I appreciate it!

Old 06-20-2009, 07:52 AM
BD-
Banned
Originally Posted by snakebitten
Would love to see some vids of you runing some serious cars to get an idea of how fast they are. Any hp numbers on both? Either one could be real nasty lol. Havent seen many R32 except on tracks but I run into EVO's all the time. Nothing but respect. Been clubbed by a few modded ones in the straights already but Im pretty much stock 350z.
No idea of hp. The GTR was mapped on the road and the Evo is just bolt-ons. The GTR makes 40-100mph in 5s in 3rd and 100-125mph sub-4s in 4th. 100-150mph sub-10s through 4th and 5th. It also gives full traction in 2nd in the dry and 3rd in the wet with no wheelspin or stupid electronic traction aids.

Any pictures of your 350Z?

Old 06-20-2009, 08:07 AM
^^ I gots nothing for any of your cars. Only decent pic of my car at Etown bout 2 years ago when I was still in the game. Didnt go there to run obviously with those 20" on lol....Only JWT popcharger and suspension work. That it. Turns are the real fun for me and Ill hang with anything on the street so far save a guy in a Viper and a Porsche GT3 I pestered Both lowered the boom on me in a nasty way. But I love punishment lol.

Old 06-20-2009, 10:46 AM
BD-
Banned
Nice. 'Popcharger'? Is that a supercharger?

Old 06-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Hehe I wish..Its and intake that gives you a wopping 5 hp lol....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.