Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Why GT-R is so fast - the answer is here.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 10:58 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute

See, monaro? It proves my point: on the purely straight section of Doettinger Hoehe, the 7:29 GT-R did NOT reach 290 kph. At the same point where Drivers Republic and Sport Auto marked their peak speeds, it matches the Sport Auto speed and is not that far off from DR's. Only a few mph. Your comparison of the 7:29 car's peak speed at Tiergarten after the kink, and with DR's car on the purely straight section before the kink has been debunked: on the same section, Nissan's car is not meaningfully faster. 693bhp, LOL.

Old 07-19-2009, 04:37 PM
substance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud ofsubstance has much to be proud of
the more i read what monaro the more i think he works for Porsche

maybe even heavychevy works for porsche too.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:30 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by substance
the more i read what monaro the more i think he works for Porsche

maybe even heavychevy works for porsche too.

Either that or you work for Nissan.

I still cant understand how Sport Auto has been able to match the supposedly harder to drive GT2, CGT and GT3 time yet cant get close to Nissan's time in a supposedly idiot proof GTR.

Old 07-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
I still cant understand how Sport Auto has been able to match the supposedly harder to drive GT2, CGT and GT3 time yet cant get close to Nissan's time in a supposedly idiot proof GTR.
You can't understand it because you are blinded by bias. Or by that paycheck from Porsche.

Been explained to you too many times, monaro. And no, the GT-R is not idiot proof. It understeers benignly at some point short of its true ability, but it can still catch you out if you venture beyond this point.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by Charlie
...It's like talking to a brick wall.
Are you trying to insult brick walls?
Yeah, I think I'm done here.

Old 07-20-2009, 04:40 AM
Originally Posted by Charlie

Monaro: Nissan is a cheat
someone: (writes a thesis on why the GTR can be that fast on the 'ring')
Monaro: Nissan is a cheat.

and it goes on. See that pattern? If I were you Guibo, i would save my time and energy. It's like talking to a brick wall - you're not going to get any reaction, or in Monaro's case, anythin decent in reply.

Backed up by various Nurburgring tests, Porsche who conducted a back to back test and several other publications who also conducted back to back tests.

Charlie: But the GTR has advanced blah blah blah and none of those drivers including Alain Prost really cant driver the car to its full potential, let the great ex F1 driver Suzuki drive gods chariot. .

Old 07-20-2009, 04:44 AM
Originally Posted by Guibo
You can't understand it because you are blinded by bias. Or by that paycheck from Porsche.

Been explained to you too many times, monaro. And no, the GT-R is not idiot proof. It understeers benignly at some point short of its true ability, but it can still catch you out if you venture beyond this point.
From Driver Republic.

PORSCHE GT2
"Walter’s time is 17-seconds faster than this, and having experienced the GT2 at full-afterburner, I have no doubt that the car will achieve that time. I could show you where I’ve lost five seconds on just a handful of sections."

NISSAN GTR
"could the Nissan really go 7-seconds faster? I just don’t know…but I just don’t see where another 27-seconds comes from with the car I drove. I felt that I came much closer to extracting the maximum performance of the Nissan on this single-flying-lap challenge than I did the Porsche."

Old 07-20-2009, 09:32 AM
f117 is infamous around these parts
Charlie: But the GTR has advanced blah blah blah and none of those drivers including Alain Prost really cant driver the car to its full potential, let the great ex F1 driver Suzuki drive gods chariot. .
What did AP say about the GTR?

Old 07-20-2009, 10:32 AM
From Driver Republic.
NISSAN GTR
"could the Nissan really go 7-seconds faster? I just don’t knowbut I just don’t see where another 27-seconds comes from with the car I drove. I felt that I came much closer to extracting the maximum performance of the Nissan on this single-flying-lap challenge than I did the Porsche."
You sort of left out some important bits.
... = "Unlike the Porsche time, we have video evidence of Toshio Suzuki setting a 7:29.03sec lap and he is super-committed. In fact it's a brilliant piece of driving. But I just don't see where another 27 seconds comes from with the car I drove. Ten, perhaps - fifteen with a set of those gummy Dunlops fitted, Suzuki-san driving, using his sublime skills and telephathic knowledge of the car's handling traits."

Notice something missing there? The weather conditions (cold and damp/oily for the DR test). That's easily, EASILY 10 seconds.
7:56 - :15 (for Suzuki + Dunlops) - :10 for weather = 7:31. Now you are quibbling over 2 seconds. (And I bet you would argue over those 2 seconds too.)
Also of note: the car that DR tested was a JDM import, which did not have the technical improvements of the 7:29 car (revised engine & transaxle mounts, steering, suspension). DR should have been benchmarking what the 7:38 car might have done under ideal conditions: maybe a 7:35-7:36. 7:56 - :10 (for Suzuki) - :10 (for conditions) = 7:36.

Chris Harris acknowledges that Suzuki has "sublime skills and telepathic knowledge of the car's handling traits", good for a 10 second difference between Suzuki and an auto-journalist/club-racer. This also says the GT-R has special handling traits of which he, Chris Harris, by his own admission, does not have the knowledge.

"single-flying-lap challenge", LOL. If Tom Colonel did only a single flying lap challenge, the Viper ACR would be a 7:42 car.

Re: Alain Prost
Let's see your source, monaro.

Old 07-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Backed up by various Nurburgring tests, Porsche who conducted a back to back test and several other publications who also conducted back to back tests.
Various Nurburgring tests say the GT-R is significantly faster than the Turbo on the 'Ring. If the Turbo can set a 7:38, then it's only logical that the GT-R should be signficantly faster than that.
And are you still taking Porsche's word? LOL. These guys are 3 seconds faster in a Panamera Turbo than they were in a Ferrari 599 GTB.
Panamera Turbo - (254 PS/tonne) - 7:56*
599 (355 PS/tonne) - 7:59*
*Both timed by Porsche

Old 07-20-2009, 11:16 AM
chad05gt is infamous around these parts
Very good post, good read... n/a power is 'sneaky' power

Old 07-21-2009, 05:26 AM
Tyical Charlie response.

Old 07-21-2009, 05:30 AM
Various Nurburgring tests say the GT-R is significantly faster than the Turbo on the 'Ring. If the Turbo can set a 7:38, then it's only logical that the GT-R should be signficantly faster than that.
And are you still taking Porsche's word? LOL. These guys are 3 seconds faster in a Panamera Turbo than they were in a Ferrari 599 GTB.
Panamera Turbo - (254 PS/tonne) - 7:56*
599 (355 PS/tonne) - 7:59*
*Both timed by Porsche

Numerous tests also indicate that its vastly inferior to the GT2 and ion par with the GT3.

Im taking Porsche's words along with the other reviews.........not just words from Nissan regarding their own car. With Nissan's cheating track record around the ring, their word is basically garbage.

Old 07-21-2009, 06:08 AM
You sort of left out some important bits.
... = "Unlike the Porsche time, we have video evidence of Toshio Suzuki setting a 7:29.03sec lap and he is super-committed. In fact it's a brilliant piece of driving. But I just don't see where another 27 seconds comes from with the car I drove. Ten, perhaps - fifteen with a set of those gummy Dunlops fitted, Suzuki-san driving, using his sublime skills and telephathic knowledge of the car's handling traits."

Notice something missing there? The weather conditions (cold and damp/oily for the DR test). That's easily, EASILY 10 seconds.
7:56 - :15 (for Suzuki + Dunlops) - :10 for weather = 7:31. Now you are quibbling over 2 seconds. (And I bet you would argue over those 2 seconds too.)
Also of note: the car that DR tested was a JDM import, which did not have the technical improvements of the 7:29 car (revised engine & transaxle mounts, steering, suspension). DR should have been benchmarking what the 7:38 car might have done under ideal conditions: maybe a 7:35-7:36. 7:56 - :10 (for Suzuki) - :10 (for conditions) = 7:36.

Chris Harris acknowledges that Suzuki has "sublime skills and telepathic knowledge of the car's handling traits", good for a 10 second difference between Suzuki and an auto-journalist/club-racer. This also says the GT-R has special handling traits of which he, Chris Harris, by his own admission, does not have the knowledge.

"single-flying-lap challenge", LOL. If Tom Colonel did only a single flying lap challenge, the Viper ACR would be a 7:42 car.

Re: Alain Prost
Let's see your source, monaro.

But I just don't see where another 27 seconds comes from with the car I drove. Ten, perhaps - fifteen with a set of those gummy Dunlops fitted, Suzuki-san driving, using his sublime skills and telephathic knowledge of the car's handling traits."

15 seconds is for perfect everything with a very good driver and the best tires, this is basically the time achieved by HvS. Notice how CH couldnt see how the car can ever achieve minus 27 seconds, much less 30 seconds advertised by Nissan, whereas he thinks that the GT2 can achieve its advertised time.

Old 07-21-2009, 08:00 AM
xBoostx is infamous around these parts
The GTR is a great track car. I am very impressed/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.

Quick Reply: Why GT-R is so fast - the answer is here.