Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

TopGear Australia (06/2009)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Aparently the GTR isnt the best car to take around a bumpy track or road.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZL8uPemi3k
Using monaroLogic™, the Focus RS should set among the fastest times at the Nurburgring.
The GT-R is apparently better than a ZR1 (according to edmunds) on a bumpy road, and deals with the bumpy sections of the NRing better than the GT2 (according to DR).

Old 06-24-2009, 12:47 PM
airtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to all
Why are we still expecting a reasonable discussion with Monarocountry?

He lives in a fantasy world, arguing about comic book characters and what their imaginary powers can and cannot do. He probably really believes all that comic stuff is real, dresses up as harry potter, carries that goofy looking stick and tries to put a magical spell on every GT-R that drives by. I'm not even trying to be funny, i actually believe this.

He calls the GT-R a "playstation geek mobile" really Monarocountry? really? is that an insult? i'm not sure if that's an insult.....because coming from a person like yourself that should be considered as a huge compliment.

Monarocountry claims that "Nissan fanbois are a lost cause, I wont spend my precious time trying to convince them of their foolish beliefs" really, i mean really? Here how bout this....everyone in the GT-R section of 6speed is a fanboy....now let's see if you try to save your precious time.

Precious time!!!!!!!! you mean the remaining time you don't spend arguing over He-man and skeletor? get real, GT-R and spiderman is your life, your entire existence is all about two things, arguing over GT-R and arguing over imaginary creatures like fire breathing dragons and gargoyles.

Last edited by airtrackk; 06-24-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:12 PM
f117 is infamous around these parts
monaroCountry, have you ever track your car?

Old 06-24-2009, 02:35 PM
kp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to allkp117 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by airtrackk
Why are we still expecting a reasonable discussion with Monarocountry?

He lives in a fantasy world, arguing about comic book characters and what their imaginary powers can and cannot do. He probably really believes all that comic stuff is real, dresses up as harry potter, carries that goofy looking stick and tries to put a magical spell on every GT-R that drives by. I'm not even trying to be funny, i actually believe this.

He calls the GT-R a "playstation geek mobile" really Monarocountry? really? is that an insult? i'm not sure if that's an insult.....because coming from a person like yourself that should be considered as a huge compliment.

Monarocountry claims that "Nissan fanbois are a lost cause, I wont spend my precious time trying to convince them of their foolish beliefs" really, i mean really? Here how bout this....everyone in the GT-R section of 6speed is a fanboy....now let's see if you try to save your precious time.

Precious time!!!!!!!! you mean the remaining time you don't spend arguing over He-man and skeletor? get real, GT-R and spiderman is your life, your entire existence is all about two things, arguing over GT-R and arguing over imaginary creatures like fire breathing dragons and gargoyles.

Have you ever read a post that was so funny that you couldn't laugh because it was also the absolute truth? My mouth was agape when I read the "He-man and Skeletor" part. Please Jesus help me.

I HAVE THE POWER!!!

Last edited by kp117; 06-24-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:36 AM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
I dont have any issues, I believe that we all have various hobbies and even forums that we follow. If I see one of you chaps using a S3x forum I dont bring that up and call you a s3x predator now do I?

Still, I admit that I have gone to those forums, the same as me having gone to various other boxing and MMA forums, rugby forums etc. I have been interested in all types of cars and have actually tracked some, although like most here Im nowhere near a pro, its really just for fun.

I will give props to manufacturers who have developed a supercar and can prove its performance benchmarks in stock form. However I am like a dog with a bone with those shady manufacturers who continually publish B/S and use ringers in their tests. Nissan is one, they also have a history of using ringers especially around the Nurburgring.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:39 AM
Originally Posted by Guibo
Using monaroLogic™, the Focus RS should set among the fastest times at the Nurburgring.
The GT-R is apparently better than a ZR1 (according to edmunds) on a bumpy road, and deals with the bumpy sections of the NRing better than the GT2 (according to DR).

Monaro logic from Monarocountry............some cars suit certain type of tracks, small cars and 4WD from experience are more suited to tight and small tracks. The Nurburgring is a long and fast track more suited to high hp / light cars, not fat low hp cars.

Can you fault this?

Old 06-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
However I am like a dog with a bone with those shady manufacturers who continually publish B/S and use ringers in their tests. Nissan is one, they also have a history of using ringers especially around the Nurburgring.
The GT-R that crushed the GT3 in Evo wasn't a ringer. That was a customer car, fresh off the boat with 400km's on it.
The GT-R that crushed the Turbo in Car wasn't a ringer. That was a customer car, fresh off the boat delivered to the customer the day before the test.
The GT-R that beat the Z06 in C&D (and posted higher speeds than the SRT-fettled ACR in not one, not two, but three different sections) was not a ringer. That car was slower than M3's they've tested.
The GT-R that beat the Turbo and Z06 in R&T wasn't a ringer. That car posted a 1/4 mile time completely in line with customer cars.

Christ, man. How many reputable mags and testers out there are you going to defame with your ****amamie "ringer" BS every time a Turbo or Z06 loses? And you know what? Out of all of those tests, and there must be a dozen or so among these cars, can you name one, even one, where a Z06 or Turbo beat the GT-R?

You were claiming the GT-R can't possibly beat cars which it can't "hang with" in a straight line. Well, let's take a loot at that Prost test you love to throw around all over the 'net:
0-240 kph
LP560-4: 16.53s
GT-R: 20.16s

Now, look at the Sport Auto times:
LP560-4: 7:52
GT-R: 7:38

GT-R can't hang with an LP560-4, yet beats it by 14 seconds on the 'Ring. Next, you will try to convince me that by "fast track," you didn't really mean the 'Ring, but some mythical 30-mile, 150-mph track in NeverNeverLand. Basically, your "can't hang with in a straight line" theory sucks. An ACR would get its *** handed to it on a platter by a 900-hp CCX, especially after 150 mph. Yet you want us to suscribed to your theory and simultaneously believe that the ACR really does beat the Koenigsegg by over 10 seconds on the 'Ring? C'mon guy, you can't have it both ways.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:13 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Again it looses out to the GT2
A whole 0.1s. A disparity in the distribution of flies could have generated that difference.

On a short tight track...
...with a very long straight.

Last edited by BD-; 06-25-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:21 AM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Using MonaroLogic™, the Renault Clio must also be quicker than the GTR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4Rq...ature=featured

Old 06-25-2009, 02:30 AM
BD-
Banned
Monaro logic from Monarocountry............some cars suit certain type of tracks, small cars and 4WD from experience are more suited to tight and small tracks. The Nurburgring is a long and fast track more suited to high hp / light cars, not fat low hp cars.

Can you fault this?
Yes I can fault it. The 'ring requires stability through high speed left-right transitions, going up and downhill. The ATTESA is designed to respond to varying cornering needs and gradients.

Certain high PWR cars perform poorly on the 'ring, e.g. the CCX. Sometimes extra power just makes the track harder. Flat-out sections become sections with braking and there's a huge tendency to overbrake when braking. Less weight generally means you need more downforce and hence more drag, so it isn't as straight forward as you think. DCT is even more of an advantage at high speeds than low speeds, not only do you minimise the time off throttle but you eliminate speed loss while changing gear at speeds of 150ish.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:36 AM
Can you fault this?
I'll tell you how I can fault this. OPEN YOUR EYES and look at the wealth of data before you:
1) In the R&T multiple track shootout, the GT-R moved up in the rankings compared to cars like the ACR and LP560-4 when the track got faster. It didn't move down, like you are claiming.
2) Look at the comments by those who have actually driven the damn thing (see my previous post) and not dreamt of infinitely obnoxious ways to trash it on every interweb forum they can find.
3) The fastest cars on the 'Ring tend to have everything else optimized for going around corners fast. It's not just the hp/wt! As the Sport Auto test has shown, if you were going to bet on a lap time for the GT-R, on the basis of its hp/wt, you would have to bet a time of high 7:50's low 8's. That's a bet you would have lost.

"From experience"?? Have you driven the GT-R before? Why do you think mags say things like this car "doesn't just move goalposts; it obliterates them"..."revolutionary"? I'll indulge you and grab some more of your logic: How many other small, 4WD cars are posting sub 7:40's on the 'Ring?

Look at the DR test on Silverstone, which is considered a fast track: the GT-R was only a few tenths of a second slower than cars like the GT2, on a 2:10.x lap.

A GT-R is a small car? LOL! I think you need to have your eyes checked. You can start by actually opening them.

Just to give you some idea of the scale of this thing, it's only 15mm shorter than a Ferrari 599 GTB. Its wheelbase is actually 30mm longer than the V12 Ferrari's, and not too far off from a Maserati MC12. You consider this "small"?

Last edited by Guibo; 06-25-2009 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by BD-
Using MonaroLogic™, the Renault Clio must also be quicker than the GTR.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae4Rq...ature=featured
For sure those are solid 7:20's 'Ring cars.

Old 06-25-2009, 04:31 AM
airtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to allairtrackk is a name known to all
I dont have any issues, I believe that we all have various hobbies and even forums that we follow. If I see one of you chaps using a S3x forum I dont bring that up and call you a s3x predator now do I?

Still, I admit that I have gone to those forums, the same as me having gone to various other boxing and MMA forums, rugby forums etc. I have been interested in all types of cars and have actually tracked some, although like most here Im nowhere near a pro, its really just for fun.

I will give props to manufacturers who have developed a supercar and can prove its performance benchmarks in stock form. However I am like a dog with a bone with those shady manufacturers who continually publish B/S and use ringers in their tests. Nissan is one, they also have a history of using ringers especially around the Nurburgring.

No!!! You have some serious personal issues, you are in major denial. You think what you are doing is normal? You are an obsessive compulsive anti GT-R fanboy who repeats the same thing over and over and over again.

You are getting laughed at not because you are making a counterpoint, it's because of your non-logical repetitive behavior. All your cut and paste theories have been debunked, but all you do is keep repeating yourself. You claim you don't wanna waste your time with GT-R fanboys but all you do is exactly the opposite. Not only here but all over the net. What? you trying to convince Lamborghini and Ferrari buyers not to believe lies posted by Nissan?

And what the hell is "a dog with a bone" you fail at making sense.......consistently!!!

I call BS on you claiming to have tracked a car....please!!! When would you get time to do that??? in between your GT-R bashing and posting erotic messages about things you would do to aquaman???

Look i seriously don't mean any disrespect when i say this but you may be autistic. Because you exhibit one of the key symptoms of the disorder, which is restrictive and repetitive behavior. If you are autistic, then let me apologize for my past comments i really did not mean to put you down like that. If you are not sure then you should actually go see a doctor, I'd be willing to bet he will diagnose you with something along the lines of autism or another obsessive compulsive disorder.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:24 AM
The GT-R that crushed the GT3 in Evo wasn't a ringer. That was a customer car, fresh off the boat with 400km's on it.
The GT-R that crushed the Turbo in Car wasn't a ringer. That was a customer car, fresh off the boat delivered to the customer the day before the test.
The GT-R that beat the Z06 in C&D (and posted higher speeds than the SRT-fettled ACR in not one, not two, but three different sections) was not a ringer. That car was slower than M3's they've tested.
The GT-R that beat the Turbo and Z06 in R&T wasn't a ringer. That car posted a 1/4 mile time completely in line with customer cars.

EVO GT3 versus GTR, was this even the newer Porsche GT3 997.2 or was it the previous and slower version? Even the newer GT3 isnt as fast as the GTR in the sport Auto test. The GTR, ZO6, and GT3 are in the same league. I dont disagree with this. However when you start comparing the GTR to the like of the Ferrari Enzo's, ACR's, Zonda's then damn you would be a fool to believe that the GTR can actually keep up with those proper supercars on a long fast track. One of the GTR's know weaknesses is it's high speed performance.

CAR and DRIVER Millen also became a hired Nissan gun in around that same time. I wont discuss it further because it has been previously discussed in this forum. I think it was HeavyChevy that pointed out how many ZO6 track regulars (not professionals) were able to lap faster than Millen in the ZO6.

Christ, man. How many reputable mags and testers out there are you going to defame with your ****amamie "ringer" BS every time a Turbo or Z06 loses? And you know what? Out of all of those tests, and there must be a dozen or so among these cars, can you name one, even one, where a Z06 or Turbo beat the GT-R?
Are you deaf? The ZO6, Turbo, GT3, and GTR are all spitting distance of each other in terms of performance. The ZO6 and Turbo definately claws back in longer tracks while the GT3 has the edge on tighter tracks.

Well put it this way, Chris Harris, Alain Prost, HvS, WR, Porsche, and Steve Sutcliffe have all doubted Nissan's very optimistic claims.

You were claiming the GT-R can't possibly beat cars which it can't "hang with" in a straight line. Well, let's take a loot at that Prost test you love to throw around all over the 'net:
0-240 kph
LP560-4: 16.53s
GT-R: 20.16s

Now, look at the Sport Auto times:
LP560-4: 7:52
GT-R: 7:38
This is how I look at it, I agree with the Sport Auto time for the GTR (but not Nissan's time), I also do not think that Sport Auto achieved the very best from the Lambo. In many of these tests long track tests the GT2 is fractionally slower than the CGT, while the GTR is fractionally faster than the new GT3. However the GTR is NOT faster or even close to the GT2.

Porsche 997 GT2 - 1:08.4
Porsche Carrera GT - 1:08.6
Porsche 997 GT3 (facelift) - 1:10.4
Nissan GT-R - 1:10.7
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 Spyder - 1:11.1

Nurburgring

Porsche Carrera GT - 7:28.71 (IT)
Porsche 997 GT - 27:31 (FC)
Nissan GTR - 7:38
Porsche 997 GT3 (facelift) - 7:40
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 - 7:52

Now why did the Lambo achieve such slow Sport Auto time? my guess is that it was for similar reason as the ZO6 i.e. they just found the car harder to control and couldnt get the best time from it. Sport Auto did blame the optional tires (not adopted perfectly with the ABS system (which I would guess was set up using the stock tires)) for the handling deficiencies.

Nurburgring

The fast lap at the Nurburgring gives a short glimpse of the true potential of the LP560-4. The ABS is not adopted perfectly to the Pirelli P Zero Corsa sport tires, leaves some room for improvement, it definitely can do better than that. Even though the drivability at the limit has been improved a lot cmepred to the previous models.

Hockenheim short track

It feels a bit unsafe/undecided at the limit, load change reactions can be felt even when accelerating and when going for the limit, it also feels a bit unstable hard braking on a straight, traction control doesn´t convince but the combination of engine and transmission is absolutely superb

The semi-automatic transmission reacts much better than before but each gear change is abit harsh and (****) kicking. Acceleration is perfect but braking is a bit late with a sudden brake point, something a driver can get used to to but not the interaction between the sports tires and the ABS

Even with optional Pirelli P Zero Corsa sports tires the Ferrari F430 Sciuderia beats the LP560-4 mainly due to load change reactions and the AWD

An ACR would get its *** handed to it on a platter by a 900-hp CCX, especially after 150 mph. Yet you want us to suscribed to your theory and simultaneously believe that the ACR really does beat the Koenigsegg by over 10 seconds on the 'Ring? C'mon guy, you can't have it both ways.

The ACR is a great short track car and also a great medium track car, even though it looses out for top speed around the Nurburgring it's low and medium speed abilities more than makes up for these deffeciencies. The ACR can also accelerate to its max in a very short time. The thing holding the ACR back is its huge downforce, this is also what keeps it fast around corners.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:30 AM
Originally Posted by Charlie
Just a thought, will the GTR be a lot lighter if it was the same size as say, the 911 or the Z06?

It would be a lot lighter if it didnt have a dual-clutch automatic transmission and 4WD. The 4WD delete anway was one of the main reason why the GT2 lost weight.

Nissan Cd for the GTR = 0.27
Chevy Cd for the ZO6 = 0.31

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.