Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Best way to drop the GTR, need suggestions...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 05:51 PM
pwrhouze25 is infamous around these parts
Best way to drop the GTR, need suggestions...

Hey whats up guys, i recently got the 2010 gtr and im very anxious to drop it but i cant decide weather to go with springs and keep stock shocks or getting a coilover kit... will getting coilovers affect the stock suspension controls that the car brings (comf/race mode)? please any suggestion would be apreciated and pics of current set up, thanx...

Old 07-13-2009, 07:46 PM
Banned
ISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant futureISSForged has a brilliant future
Coilovers all the way.

Old 07-13-2009, 08:59 PM
alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !alzilla300 Is a GOD !
Off a cliff.

Old 07-13-2009, 09:09 PM
IMPORTIMAGE is infamous around these parts
coilovers, if you can afford a gtr, you can afford proper suspension...dont hinder the monster...enable it!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:37 AM
i really wasnt that concerned about the prize, i was actually concerned about the suspension controls that the car brings stock, i thought it was a neat thing to have and am guessing that with coilovers am going to lose that, i know coilovers give me more options than the springs but am really confused as to what will happen with controling shock stiffness in the car, am also aware that some coilover kits bring (like EDFC on Tein coilovers) crontrols themselfs to adjust the ride.... so bottom line i was wondering if with coilovers there is a way of connecting the suspension controls to the switch the car brings or it has to be adjusted separate and the switch of the car will not have any more use after an upgraded suspension.... if anyone knows the answer to this your input will be appreciated.... also if you can tell me the best coilover kit for the money (mostly for street performance)

Old 07-14-2009, 08:41 AM
IMPORTIMAGE is infamous around these parts
I would contact pete or tim over at bcracing-na.com they have some r-35 kits out. also they do custom setups for customers wanting softer or harder setups. even air suspension if needed.
they are the least pricey with nice performance. their g35 and 350z (780whp) did really well in redline time attack last year and this year.

Josh

Old 07-15-2009, 10:31 AM
Drive2Live is infamous around these parts
IF you get coilovers you lose the R switch. If you get springs or sleeve kit and keep the stock shoks then you retain all R modes (comf, sport). Contact Sharif at forgedperformance. He will be able to anwser all your questions as to what you want and what you reallt need. They also sell the JRZ suspension which is one of the best suspension kits you can buy but they are pricey. Goodluck

Last edited by Drive2Live; 07-15-2009 at 02:01 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Banned
switchcars is infamous around these parts
Go with coilovers - it's worth losing the R switch!!
I have driven both KW and HKS coilovers - and both are phenomenal. Both of them are fully adjustable as well. I know Mike over at Fontana Nissan has JRZs on his GT-R - he had mixed opinions on them. I would say the KW are the best for the money. Call up Synapse Engineering down in San Diego - they did the KWs for me and they will hook you up. I'm sure they'll have more specific information on them as well - I just know it drove incredibly well.

That being said....if you're doing coilovers, you HAVE to do tires (if you're going to track the car at all). Get rid of the Bridgestones and get the Dumlops. Night and day difference, which becomes even more apparent once you put stiffer springs on the car.

Old 07-15-2009, 06:09 PM
gbaker is infamous around these parts
For a streetable drop, I would recommend the Eibach springs (what I have on my GTR) or the Cobb sleeve kit. I have seen it in person and it looks very nice. Here is my car with the Eibachs and 21" wheels.

Old 07-15-2009, 09:38 PM
metdfd is infamous around these parts
im using the Amuse coilovers on my gtr and I still use the factory controls. I love the way they ride and handles much better. I also live in miami and we can meet up if you like so you can see and feel the diffrence. pm me.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Kunani is infamous around these parts
If you are not going to track it, do the Swift Springs. Your comfort mode actually works after installing these and they handle great on the track if you are hitting it once every few months.

If you track monthly then get the coilovers, I like my triple JRZ.. you just have to get the spring rate right depending on your car setup.

Old 07-18-2009, 12:06 AM
yea bro, wouldnt mind checking out ur ride, i tried to pm you but i cant since am new to the forum just as much as am new to my car so am guessing you can pm me and let me know when its a good time for you... what ever happen to the car "hang out" spots in Miami?? been out of the scene for a while and dont know of any good ones right now, if there are still any that is.... anyways let me know whats up, drop off ur e mail or something so we can meet, laterzz

And thanx for all the feedback fellas, i'll post some pics once am done with the project...

Old 07-18-2009, 05:57 PM
metdfd is infamous around these parts
email me here at metdfd@yahoo.com so i can give you my info.