Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

Porsche deliberately used knackered GTR for Nurburgring comparison

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 07:03 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
All I saw was discrediting his information based on his experience. What I missed was a single counter point to the last 5 posts he made...

Old 09-24-2009, 07:12 PM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
So you don't know the difference between push and power understeer either then?

Noob!

FWIW, I don't respond to Guibo's posts because he's a copy and paster, no track experience at all, and is always arguing about the track. And his posts are so long I don't bother reading all of them.

He has nothing to offer that I can't put in a search engine and find myself. Meaning any details learned from personal experience.

Last edited by heavychevy; 09-24-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:31 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by heavychevy
So you don't know the difference between push and power understeer either then?

Noob!

FWIW, I don't respond to Guibo's posts because he's a copy and paster, no track experience at all, and is always arguing about the track. And his posts are so long I don't bother reading all of them.

He has nothing to offer that I can't put in a search engine and find myself. Meaning any details learned from personal experience.
You can improperly assume anything you'd like about me. But you are doing your fair share of copying in pasting yourself. And you still haven't responded to the simple counter argument to some of the baseless statements you've made.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:36 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by f117
You agreed with them GTR is harder to drive and control?

No I did not, at the limits the GT2 and ZR1 are both harder to control and do require a skilled driver or a driver that knows the characteristics of the car.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:42 PM
monaroCountry is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by rseven
Pot calling the kettle black...

You are fighting a losing battle here. Maybe it's time to ease up on the blind hate.

I dont think so, loosing battle against a copy and paste merchany like Guibo? I think not. He can copy all he wants, most of his posts are garbage and muddled up anyway. He does have his usual hangers on.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:15 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
When he resorted to name calling I stopped listening to what he had to say, but then again I wasn't anyway. I forgot more about cars than he knows!

It's already been established that no one short of an actual race driver has any idea of what the GTR handles like at the limit. The whole premise of this thread is credibility and with Nissan's history vs Porsche's history I have a very good idea of whose credibility is in question here!

Old 09-24-2009, 11:46 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
I have NEVER EVER EVER said Suzuki was mediocre, unless your standard is professional race drivers in which case I agree. Compared to magazine editors (HVS) yeah Suzuki is pretty good, but he's nothing special in the league of pro racers that he's the only one that can figure out how to drive the GT-R at the limit.

I said Suzuki is NOTHING SPECIAL IN THE RANKS OF PRO DRIVERS for the last time, but your comprehension is so poor I don't know how else I could explain it and make it any more simple.
Did you think we were talking about average Joe drivers picked off of any random street? Please, use your brain.
You said HvS was as good or better than Suzuki in this post:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...9-post240.html

Answer the question: Isn't it possible that the time difference between HvS (7:38) and Suzuki (7:26) in the S2 GT-R is due to Suzuki being the better GT-R driver?

FYI AWD understeer is called POWER UNDERSTEER and RWD understeer is called PUSH, they are two totally different things, they feel different, they sound different, and one takes a heck of a lot more effort to remedy.
But you'd have to have driven on a TRACK TO KNOW THAT EINSTEIN!!!!!!
LOL at you diagnosing Suzuki's video like you know what you're talking about. That's pretty . Go and google the differences in understeer so you can have more ammunition to take out of context.
You've driven on a track. That makes you a moral authority on everything? Then how is it possible that you sided with monaroCountry and actually believed the GT-R had a boost function that magically allowed it to jump 30 kph from 260 kph in only a fraction of a second @ Schwedenkreuz? How is it that you missed Mero hitting a strong headwind on the DH straight in the ZR1?

Nothing in your post refutes anything I've said:
1) Show me a video of anyone (preferrably YOU) driving an AWD Porsche Turbo or Lambo like the way Suzuki does
2) Show me anyone else driving a GT-R the way Suzuki does; there is in-car video of The Stig trying to wrestle the best out of the GT-R but he fails miserably; even with that lousy lap, he beats the time set by the Z06 on the TG track
3) Show me proof that with VDC either on or off, the GT-R's steering mechanism is overriding the driver's inputs as you insinuate
4) If HvS can extract the absolute best out of ANY car as monaroCountry contends, why is he 12 seconds slower than Mero (who was rather sloppy in places and faced a strong headwind)?
5) Numerous test drivers have said the ZR1 is easier to drive at the limit than the Z06 despite the massive increase in power and torque; if it's easier to drive, then why couldn't HvS get closer to GM's time in the ZR1 than he did in the Z06?

Instead of attacking me personally, how about you deal with the issues at hand? It's quite telling that I've already refuted some statements you've made about the GT-R, using the words of those who have actually driven the car. On the one hand, we have professional drivers and racers and instructors who say one thing:
Randy Pobst
Steve Millen
Dale Lomas
Jethro Bovingdon
C&D test editors
Dirk Schoysman
Didier Theys ("When you reach the limit, it suddenly goes into snap oversteer." That was even with VDC-R.)

On the other hand, we have (in this thread) mainly two guys who say something else:
you
monaroCountry

Curiously, both who believed in the "magic boost" @ Schwedenkruez theory. Whom do you think an educated car enthusiast should believe? Guys who have driven the car, some having driven it near the limits with stability controls off, or those who have never even driven a GT-R even a single foot, while perched in their ivory towers saying with absolute certainty what is possible and what is impossible on a 13-mile track thousands of miles away that they've never even been on?

Old 09-24-2009, 11:59 PM
Guibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond reputeGuibo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by germeezy1
The whole premise of this thread is credibility and with Nissan's history vs Porsche's history I have a very good idea of whose credibility is in question here!
Porsche used a knackered GT-R with obviously mis-aligned suspension.
They claimed their Turbo (a 7:38 car) is 16 seconds faster than the GT-R. All independent testing of these two cars (yes, even in same-day, same-driver tests by mags than hail from none other than Stuttgart) indicate the exact opposite: The GT-R is 14-16s faster than the Turbo on the 'Ring. Credibility? LOL.

When he resorted to name calling I stopped listening to what he had to say, but then again I wasn't anyway.
That doesn't even make any sense. Hey, if it bothers you so much, do us all a favor and quit reading my posts. And if you want to continue in a civil discussion unlike heavyCountry, you can start by answering this:

Magnussen claims the ZR1 can easily lap into the 7:1x's with no problem. Based on Mero's driving in the GM video, do you have any reason to doubt this?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:29 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Guibo
Porsche used a knackered GT-R with obviously mis-aligned suspension.
They claimed their Turbo (a 7:38 car) is 16 seconds faster than the GT-R. All independent testing of these two cars (yes, even in same-day, same-driver tests by mags than hail from none other than Stuttgart) indicate the exact opposite: The GT-R is 14-16s faster than the Turbo on the 'Ring. Credibility? LOL.
Again if your automotive knowledge was as great as your knowledge of the GTR you wouldn't say incredibly stupid things. Do you honestly think that when referring to both companies history of telling the truth I am referring to something that happened this year or recently?

[/quote]
That doesn't even make any sense. Hey, if it bothers you so much, do us all a favor and quit reading my posts. And if you want to continue in a civil discussion unlike heavyCountry, you can start by answering this:

Magnussen claims the ZR1 can easily lap into the 7:1x's with no problem. Based on Mero's driving in the GM video, do you have any reason to doubt this?[/quote]

I believe it can, I also believe the GTR ran a 7:38 and a 7:27 as I have said numerous times in this thread.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:36 AM
3) Show me proof that with VDC either on or off, the GT-R's steering mechanism is overriding the driver's inputs as you insinuate

Your understanding of what Heavy Chevy said is so limited that it exposes your relative lack of knowledge about cars in general. He never said that its your lack of intelligence about cars that made you assume something that was never said.

Seriously you don't know enough about cars to even have a conversation with me involved, intelligently. So please quit trying to include me in your copying and pasting. Do us all a favor and quit wasting the space your taking up in this thread with your superior ability to copy and paste making up for your lack of knowledge about cars.

Old 09-25-2009, 12:49 AM
Just a few posts ago (#172 & #173) - I didn't see any cut & paste information (just quotes of posts).

Perhaps I'm missing the cut & paste?

How else can someone reference other sources of information to quantify a statement? Is it only more credible to NOT site sources of knowledge?

Basically - the people who say the GT-R can or can't do 'X', without having any actual knowledge, in my opinion are worse than somebody who at least tries to understand something before opening their mouths (or keyboards).

Old 09-25-2009, 12:55 AM
Again if your automotive knowledge was as great as your knowledge of the GTR you wouldn't say incredibly stupid things. Do you honestly think that when referring to both companies history of telling the truth I am referring to something that happened this year or recently?
Doesn't make much difference, does it? Porsche has basically been BS'ing about these two cars. Why don't you just admit it? Oh, I get it. Porsche can never tell a lie based on them not telling lies earlier. LOL!

I believe it can, I also believe the GTR ran a 7:38 and a 7:27 as I have said numerous times in this thread.
In this thread. And are you talking about stock, unmodified cars? What has changed since those other threads where you doubted the 7:27 time and claimed in no uncertain terms that Nissan were lying? Was it the supertest result?

Your understanding of what Heavy Chevy said is so limited that it exposes your relative lack of knowledge about cars in general. He never said that its your lack of intelligence about cars that made you assume something that was never said.

Seriously you don't know enough about cars to even have a conversation with me involved, intelligently. So please quit trying to include me in your copying and pasting. Do us all a favor and quit wasting the space your taking up in this thread with your superior ability to copy and paste making up for your lack of knowledge about cars.
LOL, says the guy who thought I was talking about cars' overall top speeds when it was obvious in that previous thread that we were all talking about DH top speeds. Same guy who assumed I said the GT-R was more difficult to drive than the ZR1 in this thread.
So, why don't you tell me what heavychevy said in regards to the GT-R's electronics and steering?

Old 09-25-2009, 12:58 AM
There is a big difference between someone that understands but uses sources to justify what he says then someone who does not understand and uses sources to appear they do.

I think those that read thru can tell which one of us is which!

And Jasper I already said the GTR did the 7:38 time and it also did the 7:27 time.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:09 AM
There is a big difference between someone that understands but uses sources to justify what he says then someone who does not understand and uses sources to appear they do.

I think those that read thru can tell which one of us is which!

And Jasper I already said the GTR did the 7:38 time and it also did the 7:27 time.
Pot...kettle. Earlier in this thread, you totally misunderstood what I posted. You somehow miraculously came to the conclusion that I said the GT-R was as difficult or more difficult to drive than the ZR1. I never said any such thing.
My position in this thread, as it has been in other threads, is that the GT-R is not easy to drive at its true limit. It's harder than most people would think. Did my sources support this assertion or not?

Old 09-25-2009, 01:16 AM
Originally Posted by Guibo
Pot...kettle. Earlier in this thread, you totally misunderstood what I posted. You somehow miraculously came to the conclusion that I said the GT-R was as difficult or more difficult to drive than the ZR1. I never said any such thing.
My position in this thread, as it has been in other threads, is that the GT-R is not easy to drive at its true limit. It's harder than most people would think. Did my sources support this assertion or not?
I never said that you said it, it was said however....hmm is English your 2nd language? YOU DON'T KNOW OR HAVE A CLUE WHAT THE GTR IS LIKE AT THE LIMIT......and neither do I ......I never said that I did, I simply said that its not as hard as the ZR1......WHICH YOU AGREE WITH!

Last edited by germeezy1; 09-25-2009 at 01:20 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Porsche deliberately used knackered GTR for Nurburgring comparison