Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

My BL640 GTR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 03:57 PM
The Driver is infamous around these parts
Very nice kit. Good numbers all around too.

Old 10-06-2009, 03:00 PM
TwiZteD is infamous around these parts
The guys at BL are great to work with, iv bought Turbo kits for my Supra MKIV from them, all the way to sweden
Keep up the good work guys

// TwiZteD

Old 10-06-2009, 06:51 PM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
Cool. Zohair told me they were buildign a kit. I assumed it would be on your car. have people figured out how to make the transmissions on the GTR's last yet? I am very interested in turning one into a time attack car. I'm just gun shy with all the trans issues I have seen...

Old 10-06-2009, 09:53 PM
simonlam_168 is infamous around these parts
very nice

Old 10-07-2009, 05:28 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbomx5
Cool. Zohair told me they were buildign a kit. I assumed it would be on your car. have people figured out how to make the transmissions on the GTR's last yet? I am very interested in turning one into a time attack car. I'm just gun shy with all the trans issues I have seen...
There have been transmission upgrades available for quite sometime now. Obviously, if you're going to mod it into a time attack car, you're not concerned with warranties, so for about $2k you can get a clutch/first gear replacement. Or you could also get with SSP who has done almost complete reworks of seals etc... (with clutches to support about 800whp) for about $8k.

The Switzer P800 cars (arguably some of the fastest GT-R's on the road) have zero transmission work done.

Old 10-07-2009, 08:06 AM
turbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to beholdturbomx5 is a splendid one to behold
so are all the failures from first gear launches? If I'm not a stoplight racer, do I not have anything to worry about? I have heard for track use they need external coolers for the trans and diffs because of the temps they see. can you confirm?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:45 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbomx5
so are all the failures from first gear launches? If I'm not a stoplight racer, do I not have anything to worry about? I have heard for track use they need external coolers for the trans and diffs because of the temps they see. can you confirm?
I agree with this. If you are running extended sessions, coolers will help (may not be required) with any car.

I've had no problem running 30 minute sessions. Temps can get high up there, but the problem we now see is the stock fluid being suspect (breakdown). Some believe that the stock fluid is adequate, while others are switching to Willall fluids, Dodson, etc..., and notice results with lower temps, quieter gear changes, extended fluid life (not to mention it's cheaper).

The coolers aren't that much (relative cost to transmission fluid issues).

Old 10-07-2009, 12:57 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Thanks for all the compliments! As for the responses to the questions asked, jasper, GREAT JOB! I couldn't have answered them any better. The only thing I will add is that I've never seen a tranny failure occur on a car that was not launched aggressively over and over on LC1.
Peter

Old 10-12-2009, 09:48 AM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Awesome numbers. +1 for Zohair and Kean, I've been buying parts from them since 03.

Tim

Old 10-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Kickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to beholdKickhard is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by houstonT
The only thing I will add is that I've never seen a tranny failure occur on a car that was not launched aggressively over and over on LC1.
Peter
Yep I agree

+1

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.